• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
post acute woosie syndrome

i joke i joke

Im actually perfectly happy with my non generic suboxone. I guess we all have different needs and different meds work differently on each one of us. I am so happy I have found a way to take my subs without having any negative side effects....especiall the addiciton side of it.
Allthough, im not even taking my subs anymore. Taking a long break from them this time to see if I get PAWS a few months down the line like some people are warning me about....but so far so good. No withdrawal or PAWS yet. hooray.
Go 3-5 days without it... you will. I don't care whether you've been on it for 2 weeks or 2 years. You WILL feel withdrawal symptoms, and if you don't, you're probably using some other opiate. PAWS is usually the lingering depression and lethargy occurring after the actual detox itself, which is usually 7 to sometimes 30+ days after cessation, again depending on what dose and how long you were on it.

Suboxone is it's own beast, and it's detox isn't linear like shorter acting opiates. It's a rollercoaster, to say the least.

:UPDATE: yeah i plugged 4mg and didnt even feel as if i had taken 2mg sub. something is afoot
Yeah, probably the fact you shoved Suboxone up your ass.

Though I've never done it, and never will, I could at least somewhat understand plugging Oxys, Roxys, etc... but Suboxone? It's a partial-agonist, the buzz is minimal at best. After using it for a month or so it's a completely underwhelming experience, even if you snort it.

Go 3-5 days without it... you will. I don't care whether you've been on it for 2 weeks or 2 years. You WILL feel withdrawal symptoms, and if you don't, you're probably using some other opiate. PAWS is usually the lingering depression and lethargy occurring after the actual detox itself, which is usually 7 to sometimes 30+ days after cessation, again depending on what dose and how long you were on it.

Suboxone is it's own beast, and it's detox isn't linear like shorter acting opiates. It's a rollercoaster, to say the least.

Yeah, probably the fact you shoved Suboxone up your ass.

Though I've never done it, and never will, I could at least somewhat understand plugging Oxys, Roxys, etc... but Suboxone? It's a partial-agonist, the buzz is minimal at best. After using it for a month or so it's a completely underwhelming experience, even if you snort it.

HAHA...i think you need to read a little bit more of these threads before you start posting like that. You would have known that I go without my suboxone all the time and my previous record was 15 days, except I am now currently off of my suboxone and its been about 22-23 days and I still feel no ill effects at all.
It all has to do with my maintanence techniques and tapering methods that I have posted about a million times on here. I reccommend you look into that before you start talking about my suboxone use again. No offense or anything it just gets old having to repeat myself overand over again.

When I WAS taking suboxone I would only take 0.5mg doses and I had been on that dose for several months and because that low dose allowed for the norbupernorphine metabolite(a full agonist) to bind to my receptors, I actually got a high off of my suboxone everyday for months and it also acted as an anti-depressant and gave me energy.

*ANd also....plugging suboxone is the most euphoric way of doing it in my experience and I can keep getting that euphoria no matter how long I am using it(allthough I usually IV it, but I also snort, SL, and plug). It all has to do with maintaining on very tiny doses. If you do a search im sure you will be able to find out all the info you need on that as you seem to be a bit confused on exactly how suboxone works. Yes, people who take high doses of suboxone are not gonna be able to get all of these beneficial effects once they have maintaned on there dose, but if you stay on a dose under 1mg you will find suboxone acts like a completely different drug.

And FYI im not addicted to my suboxone in any way. I can stop taking any time I want with no ill effects, I have proven I can go for long periods of time(several weeks) without dosing on sub or any other drugs opiates or not, and im sure I can completely stop taking my suboxone forever with no ill effects, its just I have only gone about 22 days at the most so far so its kind of hard to prove without a doubt that that is true...but anyone with even the slightest bit of common sense will figure out that if I have no problems whatsoever going several weeks without my suboxone, then I will have no problem quitting alltogether. And I plan on staying off of my subs for several more weeks, maybe more just to prove this. The only reason I keep taking my subs(whenever I do) is because of the positive effects it has on my life, it by no means is addicting to me and my life is just as productive and happy when I am on it as when I am off it. I also would not be able to stop using it all the time if I were addicted to it. I have yet to feel any withdrawal effects from my subs.....and I hope others follow my methods and are able to enjoy suboxone the way I have.

Last edited:
you have had to say this like ten damn times for these people........

you have had to say this like ten damn times for these people........

yea, it can get a little repetative/annoying. But sometimes its necessary....as long as it helps someone gain just a little bit more helpful knowledge.

what about subutex strips?

Do you think theyll make a Subutex strip as well? They look cool but I wouldnt want to switch from subutex to suboxone just for these strips. I would be interested in Subutex strips though. Does anybody think that the drug companies will make them also?

Do you think theyll make a Subutex strip as well? They look cool but I wouldnt want to switch from subutex to suboxone just for these strips. I would be interested in Subutex strips though. Does anybody think that the drug companies will make them also?

I doubt it....atleast not anytime in the near future.

there might even be some sort of patent issues as well preventing anyoen else using this sublingual film formulation with buprenorphine....maybe not....im not sure, but I still highly doubt there will be any subutex film strips on the market anytime soon.

i asked my pharmacist if he had the strips yesterday and he smiled turned around and grabbed a box of 8mg's and showed them to me i almost grabbed them and ran ha ha
but i'm on bupe so i probably wont be getting them

<snip> -price discussion is not allowed so please don't ask this

No problem- we used to have a single price thread where you could list prices for various drugs in your area but since we have closed that and price discussion isn't allowed anywhere.

i snort my bupe but i would rather be on the strips because the suboxone tabs also helped me not drink alcohol i think
does anyone know if there is a reason for that or just a placebo effect

i snort my bupe but i would rather be on the strips because the suboxone tabs also helped me not drink alcohol i think
does anyone know if there is a reason for that or just a placebo effect

There is something regarding this that I haven't quite put my finger on yet.

Alcohol has a lot of pharmacological effects (GABA, NMDA, among others) and so does buprenorphine (mu, delta, and kappa opioid receptors, nociceptin/ORL1 receptor, etc). I suspect (but am not 100% sure) that there might be a pharmacological interaction between the two.

Otherwise, I suspect that alcohol removes a certain bit of euphoria/enjoyment from buprenorphine (I don't like alcohol and buprenorphine, it's a bad combo, I don't enjoy it, I never enjoyed alcohol really but I just cannot enjoy nor tolerate it on buprenorphine).

I think buprenorphine has a certain anti-depressant/mood-lift effect that tends to satisfy the feelings/reasons a person might drink in the first place, this is another thought I have had about this.

These are my thoughts regarding what you have brought up, I hope that they at least shed some light onto your inquiry. :)

I am glad to hear Suboxone has helped prevent you from drinking, or encouraged you to quit (I don't know the best way to put it) - that is really great news, and maybe Suboxone could help others who have issues/problems with alcohol help to abstain in the future. :)

i didn't drink for three months while on suboxone and i was a everyday drinker for 16 years
or the best part of it
ever since my doc put me on 2 mg a day generic my drinking has slowly picked back up again my insurance kicks in next month and i think i am going back on the real stuff
and this snorting and cheating my program started when he changed me over to the generic

^Neither generic nor name brand will prevent you from abusing the medicine. You have to keep yourself from abusing it.

If you're talking about switching to Suboxone so that you can get strips, they work more efficiently so there would be less desire to snort in the first place. ...However, if you still had the desire to snort the film, I can't imagine it would be too difficult to make a nasal spray out of this film for intra-nasal use. This is what brings me to my original point, that the medication will be used in a manner other than prescribed if you allow it to happen. The only delivery method that I can think of for buprenorphine that would not be very easily abusable would be the transdermal patches, but I'm pretty sure those are not given out for bupe maintenance very commonly (if at all)... I imagine that these also could be abused fairly easily with a little bit of ingenuity / research...

Good luck maintaining your plan though, whichever route you take.

Edit- About the alcohol, what are you thinking is causing the change? You are picking up your old habit now; is it possible that after this long period taking bupe daily, your body is pretty much used to it, and therefore your craving for intoxication came back?

I use subs only the way its meant to be, I have no desire to abuse it, so I fucking love these things so much more than the regular tablets. The tablets would sometimes take up to a fucking HOUR to dissolve (1 8mg tablet), this is much easier, and more convenient. However, they are hard to store if, say, you get 8mg strips and you take 4mg 2x a day, I have already lost a couple because they're so hard to store compared to pills.

I use subs only the way its meant to be, I have no desire to abuse it, so I fucking love these things so much more than the regular tablets. The tablets would sometimes take up to a fucking HOUR to dissolve (1 8mg tablet), this is much easier, and more convenient. However, they are hard to store if, say, you get 8mg strips and you take 4mg 2x a day, I have already lost a couple because they're so hard to store compared to pills.

I have read here many many time about peoples complaints about how long it took to dissolve the sub tablets and I just font know what they are talking about. I admit, my usualy ROA was either IV, plugging, or snorting, but I definitely SL'ed plenty of times. And when I heard how long it took for everyone else, i decided to give it a try and see how long it took for me.
When I first stuck an 8mg under my tounge, it only took about 3-10 minutes to completely dissolve....but on average 5-6 minutes. Nowhere near 20-30 like alot of people say.

But what I dont get it is why you people dont simply crush your tablets into powder and put the powder under your tounge.....when I tried that method it only took about 1-3 minutes to be completely dissolved. I would think this would be an easy enough method to do and not that hard to figure out. Are there any reasons as to why alot of sub maint. people dont just crush the pills up?

There is something regarding this that I haven't quite put my finger on yet.

Alcohol has a lot of pharmacological effects (GABA, NMDA, among others) and so does buprenorphine (mu, delta, and kappa opioid receptors, nociceptin/ORL1 receptor, etc). I suspect (but am not 100% sure) that there might be a pharmacological interaction between the two.

Otherwise, I suspect that alcohol removes a certain bit of euphoria/enjoyment from buprenorphine (I don't like alcohol and buprenorphine, it's a bad combo, I don't enjoy it, I never enjoyed alcohol really but I just cannot enjoy nor tolerate it on buprenorphine).

I think buprenorphine has a certain anti-depressant/mood-lift effect that tends to satisfy the feelings/reasons a person might drink in the first place, this is another thought I have had about this.

These are my thoughts regarding what you have brought up, I hope that they at least shed some light onto your inquiry. :)

I am glad to hear Suboxone has helped prevent you from drinking, or encouraged you to quit (I don't know the best way to put it) - that is really great news, and maybe Suboxone could help others who have issues/problems with alcohol help to abstain in the future. :)

I'm one of these guys who always liked alcohol especially when mixed with weed and/or oxys. While on MMT I didn't care that much about it but was still able to enjoy it 2-3 times a month

Alcohol and Bupe is a totally different story for me... Couldn't enjoy drinking at until I got down below 2mg and then I need to mix it with at least 1/2-1mg xanax to get any positive effect at all... and then it's minimal.

Bottom line is I think bupe is good for alcoholics who have little or no control over their drinking.

Can't believe I missed the news of these being developed and out 0_o
Good news indeed though :) By the sounds of things they're much better suited to the job than the tablets (was always rather annoying waiting for those things to dissolve).

Hope they go well for people :)

Status
Not open for further replies.