• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never found that letting my suboxone dissolve under my mouth for more than ten minutes, was any more or less usefull than any longer or shorter periods of time.

There IS a cieling effect on suboxone, and though the manufacturer's will tell you that it's 32mg, I am almost positive that it is closer to 4mg, though this depends on the individual. Even if it was 32mg, if your taking 16mg/day, the ammount of bupe built up in your system is somewhere around 40mg, so increasing your dosage would not increase effects.

If you want to get down to 2mg, you'd be best off tapering. I was able to jump from 16-12mg in 3days with now problems, 12-8 in 3 days, 8-6 2 days, 6-4 one week, 4-3 in one week, 3-2 in two weeks (thats how long it took me to adjust, roughly). Buprenorphine stays in your system for 12 days, so that's about how long it takes to shed the half life of a previous, higher dosage, and get used to a lower one.

what's a film?
what's a strip?
is it just a name ya use like bars for xanax?

is there a curb when dosing bupe?
as u increase the dose, the effects also increase but at a slower and slower rate?
so that would mean 16mg isnt twice as strong as 8mg right?
im sure u know what i mean. each mg estra ya have the effects increase but increase slower & sllower

how long are u suppose to leave it in ya mouth?
it may be in the script instructions but even after 45 mins i still have a bitter taste in my mouth. So just wanting to know ppl opinions on how long they usually keep it in there mouth.
as long as im getting atleast 90% I'll be happy. Im sure after an hr ud get that much but it is very frustrating having to leave a pill in ya mouth for so long. ya cant eat or anything. & it doesnt taste good. Id be pissed if I found out ya only need to hold it in there till the powder dissolves.

hope someone can answer any of these questions

what's a film?
what's a strip?
is it just a name ya use like bars for xanax?

is there a curb when dosing bupe?
as u increase the dose, the effects also increase but at a slower and slower rate?
so that would mean 16mg isnt twice as strong as 8mg right?
im sure u know what i mean. each mg estra ya have the effects increase but increase slower & sllower

how long are u suppose to leave it in ya mouth?
it may be in the script instructions but even after 45 mins i still have a bitter taste in my mouth. So just wanting to know ppl opinions on how long they usually keep it in there mouth.
as long as im getting atleast 90% I'll be happy. Im sure after an hr ud get that much but it is very frustrating having to leave a pill in ya mouth for so long. ya cant eat or anything. & it doesnt taste good. Id be pissed if I found out ya only need to hold it in there till the powder dissolves.

hope someone can answer any of these questions

Ill help

1- A film is the same thing as strip. A film and strip is the names for the suboxone subligual film as the OP posted a picture of. So yes..just like bars.
2- As you increase dose, you won't get more euphoria past 4mg's but you are likly to get more side effects like heart palputations, insomnia, sleepiness, hives. Things like that.
3- Yes. 16mg is really the same as 8mg for "desired" effects. Although the body does get use to a ceartin dose and you may get withdrawl when you go down past that.
4- The film takes 10-20 minutes. To make it go faster drink water to have a moist mouth. You'll still have the taste on matter what but I assure you the drug is gone.

I hope that helped. If you need anymore feel free to ask.

I just spent the last few hours reading this entire thread. I am very fascinated by all the interesting things I learned about the Suboxone film strips.

I take a 2 mg strip in the morning and a 2 mg strip in the evening.

I am trying to get as much buprenorphine out each dose as I can.

I read that you aren't supposed to swallow your saliva when letting the dose dissolve -- so I let the film dissolve about 10 minutes ago and I still haven't swallowed. The saliva just keeps building up... I am confused on what to do because I don't want to lose any of the bupe. Can someone help me out?

It's been my experience after a few years that the pills are better. I bit more messy but inherently better. It's like I can take two films vs one pill which has gotten me to the point I am quitting so, maybe film is better?

See I totally feel the opposite way: I feel the strips are MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE. I feel if you gave me an 8mg pill or an 8mg strip, had me on that dose for a year, and suddenly swapped one, i would definitely notice a difference (as one would absorbe slightly more) and might even possibly experience a bit of the feelings a reduction in dose would cause, if i went from STRIPS TO PILLS (meaning I'd have absorbed less of the pill in my tongue). Keeping everythign the same of course: same habits before dosing the pill/strip, keep them in my mouth the same amount of time, etc.

I think the strips absorb faster, better, and are just an overall improvement.

I just find it ironic though that RB (reckitt) promoted the strips when they first came out by saying "Improved taste! Same med!" when in reality the taste was the one thing i found was just as bad (76% scored the taste as neutral compared to the old ones! wow what a glowing testimonial! neutral compared to something that tasted like ass!) and everything else was what had gotten better lol

^i agree, there's no hesitation in saying the films work better. The entire surface area of the strip is in contact with the mucous membranes immediately of you place properly, which helps diffusion of the bupe more effectively and efficiently. Something i noticed when my pharmacy used the tabs was everyone I saw dosing spat it out or swallowed it in Like 2 minutes, mine was hardly dissolved in two minutes! They were either getting fuck all dose or diverting. So this increased/more efficient absorption im sure benefits those who can't seem to work out how to dose properly.

Since changing to the films I certainly feel like my dose day to day is much more stable and consistent. I feel fine on em. Taste doesn't bother me, neither does swallowing.

Swishing your mouth with an alcohol based mouthwash can help increase sublingual absorption.

Ok, a couple quick questions. A.) I have been on suboxone 8mg's 3x a day for 10 months... trying to taper... get down to 8mgs once a day occasionally, usually end up running out before the end of the month and get sick as hell. (pointless, i know.) but do any of you who use subs daily notice that once you fall asleep you wake up immediately sick. i mean, fucking immediately i am freezing and aching everywhere. like when i used to shoot liquid methadone, that was how it felt... the worst wd's the minute i wake up. i get my refill tomorrow and took 16mgs today, was wondering if it's mostly psychosomatic that i feel this way, or if it's actually just because i'm doing such a ridiculously high amount for so long that my body constantly NEEDS it? Also, i have two methadose 10mg's and was wondering if I could take them like 12-24 hrs after taking my sub dose if it'd make me sick, or help. I've heard all this yada yada yada that shit wont break through suboxone. BULLSHIT. i chew 100mcg fentanyl patches like theyre fucking bubblegum while on suboxone and get high as fuck, i've railed roxys and got high as shit. i've shot morphine and dilaudid... gotten high. but whats up with the methadone/suboxone mix... i hear its horrible and you get sick as fuck. any words of advice?

Ok, a couple quick questions. A.) I have been on suboxone 8mg's 3x a day for 10 months... trying to taper... get down to 8mgs once a day occasionally, usually end up running out before the end of the month and get sick as hell. (pointless, i know.) but do any of you who use subs daily notice that once you fall asleep you wake up immediately sick. i mean, fucking immediately i am freezing and aching everywhere. like when i used to shoot liquid methadone, that was how it felt... the worst wd's the minute i wake up. i get my refill tomorrow and took 16mgs today, was wondering if it's mostly psychosomatic that i feel this way, or if it's actually just because i'm doing such a ridiculously high amount for so long that my body constantly NEEDS it? Also, i have two methadose 10mg's and was wondering if I could take them like 12-24 hrs after taking my sub dose if it'd make me sick, or help. I've heard all this yada yada yada that shit wont break through suboxone. BULLSHIT. i chew 100mcg fentanyl patches like theyre fucking bubblegum while on suboxone and get high as fuck, i've railed roxys and got high as shit. i've shot morphine and dilaudid... gotten high. but whats up with the methadone/suboxone mix... i hear its horrible and you get sick as fuck. any words of advice?

You are taking an incredibly high dosage of buprenorphine. Try taking less, like 4mg three times a day, to see if that helps.

Swishing your mouth with an alcohol based mouthwash can help increase sublingual absorption.

I haven't payed any attention, but by how much? & is it worth it? (I use alcohol-free mouthwash, yo.)

Well, it's slightly different for everyone, but for myself, I am pretty confident that sublingual (without alchohol) is 30-35%. I base this on the fact that I've used suboxone in almost everyday possible (insufflated, rectal, IV), and whenever I did so, I would calculated my dose for that ROA based on sublingual administration being 30%. So when I took 1mg of suboxone a day sublingually, I'd shoot .3 to get the same exact effects.

Ok man. I am on suboxone right now as well. I take one - two 8 mg strip(s) a day and have been for the last couple months. I have also gone to a methadone clinic in the past.

First off -- I know exactly what you mean by feeling like you are in a withdrawal when you wake up before you even take your sub. Lately, when I take my suboxone, I feel really strange. For instance, here and there I will feel mild euphoria and catch myself in a light nod. Do you ever feel that way? And it triggers me to want to get fucked up, but I can't when Im on suboxone. But now reading that you have gotten high on other opiates while on suboxone, I find the the necessity to try to find an opiate out there to take recreationally, even though I am in recovery. But I can't help it, because taking suboxone in the first place, triggers me to want to get high. I just haven't because I feel I will get sick.

Second off, there was a time I went to rehab, and prior to arriving at detox, I had been on 110 mg of methadone for about 5 months. I had taken my methadone about 10 hours before they gave me my first dose of subutex. About 30 minutes later, I felt deathly ill and was in the worst withdrawal of my life. So to answer your question -- I would wait about 24-36 hours after you take a dose of suboxone to take some methadone. Man that precipitated withdrawal I was put into, after taking the methadone and subutex in a short period of time was the worst experience of my life. My receptors were fucked up for about 2 months after that. So be careful man. I would even wait 48-62 hours after your dose of suboxone just to be safe bro.

I am getting a refill of suboxone 8 mg strips on wednesday. What can I do to get high off of them, even though I have been taking them sublingually for the past 2 months. What would happen if I got a script of hydrocodone and took some? I ran out of strips today and won't have any for a couple days. I really miss being high on opiates. Suboxone used to get me high, now it just keeps me from getting high, and the most I get from subs is a mild dirty euphoria.

Last edited:
From my experiance and research once you have bupe built up there is no getting high off it only taking time.off and and then taking it will get you high. But with strips you can try injecting admitted use this method and get a better effect and find I only need 2-4 mg apposed to 8 mg sublingually. Done also say rectal use is better but I'm.not putting anything up my butt. I will say if
your gonna inject don't try a while strip
start with 2 mg and see what that
does

Ill take back what I said and say I don't recomemnd shooting anything I do this as an adult and at my own risk I don't recomend to IV any drug its a nasty habbit and it is hard to break

Last edited:
I am getting a refill of suboxone 8 mg strips on wednesday. What can I do to get high off of them, even though I have been taking them sublingually for the past 2 months. What would happen if I got a script of hydrocodone and took some? I ran out of strips today and won't have any for a couple days. I really miss being high on opiates. Suboxone used to get me high, now it just keeps me from getting high, and the most I get from subs is a mild dirty
euphoria.

I just wanna say I honestly for not believe anyone has.gotten high while.on subs I took a 4 mg strip (half and 8mg) and a few hours later I shot 5 bags of true religion which in NJ is the best dope on the streets and I felt nothing also last year I went on suboxone for about a month and I stopped using for 3 days I first shot 3 bags and then 5 bags of some fire diesel and felt nothing at all. If you have been on subs for a while you need to wait 3-5 days after using subs to.use other opiates research.it and.you will see don't waist your money trying you will be pissed I promise

A little off topic...
4mg of 'subutex' dissolved in a few drops of 40% vodka, soaked up w/ one pulled off Q-tip cotton, feels the same as a full 8mg tablet dissolved under the tongue.

I am getting a refill of suboxone 8 mg strips on wednesday. What can I do to get high off of them, even though I have been taking them sublingually for the past 2 months. What would happen if I got a script of hydrocodone and took some? I ran out of strips today and won't have any for a couple days. I really miss being high on opiates. Suboxone used to get me high, now it just keeps me from getting high, and the most I get from subs is a mild dirty euphoria.

Hmmm... I, myself have never, ever been able to get high off of Suboxone film. Been on them about a year and always felt as if the tabs worked better. When I 1st started taking Suboxone I did have a small feeling of euphoria but that only lasted a month or so for me. As far as getting a script of hydrocodone... Why? Aren't you trying to get the Monkey off your back with the Sub? Getting back on real opiates will only lead you back into full blown addiction. At least that is what happened to me. Thank God! Today I'm clean but I do understand when you say "I really miss being high on opiates". I think all former addicts do but, not having to relive the horror of withdrawals keeps us away from ever going back and experiencing an opiate euphoria. It does for me anyways...

First of all regarding the Hydrocodone-forget it. Hydrocodone is a very weak opioid, so much that even if you were on a dose of buprenorphine that didn't block (say .5 mg), you would probably not be able to get high due to tolerance.

People offten assume that because buprenorphine is a 'partial agonist' that it is not a 'real opiate'. This is not true. Long before buprenorphine was used for Opiate Replacement Therapy, Buprenorphine had been (and still is) used as a pain medication in the form of Tamgesic's and Buprenorphine Patches. Buprenorphine unlike hydrocodone, oxycodone etc.. Is active at microgram dosages (perhaps infants might react to mcg oxycodone or hydrocodone), and is prescribed for pain at dosages as small as 200 mcg (.2mg). As far as equivalency goes, to get some perspective on the strength of bupe, 10mg of IV morphine is approximately .23-.3mg IV buprenorphine.

So in short, you've got two problems at play if your on suboxone and you want to get high on hydrocodone-Bupe's stronger binding affinity and the issue of tolerance.

Also, to those asking about how to achieve euphoria from buprenorphine, the best way is to taper your dosage down to 4mg and under. While its different for everyone, the cieling effect is usually around 4mg. Above that, bupe acts more like an agonist. You gain a tolerance so you no longer feel the euphoria from the buprenorphine when your dose. This is due to bupe's long half life. Since your above the cieling, and the half life is 36 hours, the buprenorphine levels in your blood do not drop significantly enough to go below the cieling effect, so when you dose you are just keeping yourself maintained.

When you're at four mg (which is roughly the cusp of the cieling effect) or under, the blood levels drop enough that each dose is felt more, and you achieve a mild euphoria and boost of energy. There's also a theory that when you are at very low dosages, say .5mg a day, their are enough open receptors that buprenorphine's full agonist metabolite norbuprenorphine can attach, and lead to a full agonist feel. This however has not been proven.

I have tried buprenorphine in practically every ROA and every dosage, from 32mg to .5mg. I can say from my experience that I felt the best when I was below two milligrams sublingual. The effect was similar to a low dose of methadone but a bit more stimulating (as it is a derivative of Thebaine).

Status
Not open for further replies.