• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i dont mind the taste at all....... in fact that taste means im getting my drugs......

I am tired of hearing people complain about the taste of suboxone. They werent made to taste like candy but I think they did a pretty good job considering how bitter bupe is on its own. Take your Suboxone and be grateful your not sick.

It's useless to add in a flavoring agent into a tablet, I would rather have them not add it in.

Generic tiny lorazepam 1mg or 2mg tablets quickly disintegrate and they don't have a flavor, they are great for sublingual use. They don't have any flavoring agent.

I think that it's actually a bad thing they add in a flavoring agent to Suboxone; it's more of an encouraging/reinforcing factor for children to chew them up/suck on them, purely because they taste like candy. Some people like the taste of Suboxone I am sure (due to variability of human preferences across individuals).

I am not complaining about the taste of Suboxone myself, I don't take it sublingually anymore, so I don't have to taste it. However a "take it and be grateful you're not sick" attitude is counterproductive towards people's recoveries. I think that this is the sort of reason why people don't like going to methadone clinics, because workers there might have a similar attitude towards the clients.

C.H., that's a good point about the Suboxone pills taking such a ridiculous amount of time to dissolve compared with other sublingual wafers. I've only had on one occasion wafers like what you describe that dissolved nearly instantly, and they were clonazepam. The dosage size of clonazepam (0.5-2mg) compared to Suboxone (2mg/0.5mg and 8mg/2mg) are comparable and so I wonder why such an ineffective delivery system in the Suboxone pills? Maybe it has something to do with the naloxone, because just getting the drug to absorb doesn't seem that complicated (purely a guess here)...

o wow, my bad guys..........

only seen on the web, so bad assumption..........

im in canada.............

EDIT

oooooo tex is the B8 white ovals!!!!!!!!!!!!

o wow, my bad guys..........

only seen on the web, so bad assumption..........

im in canada.............

EDIT

oooooo tex is the B8 white ovals!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's all good. :)

At least as far as the brand name pills go. I believe the generics are smaller too but I am not 100% sure on that.

Yeah, because heroin addiction is AWESOME. 8)

I seriously couldn't get enough of withdrawing, that was lovely. Simply wonderful.

I've never been arrested either but I imagine that if you have, that's quite enough of a deterrent to never IV heroin/illicit opiates again.

Ever been homeless, Supeudol? I take it you haven't.

LOL capn.

Anyways,these things are better in every way compared to the tabs.
Better ROA for SL use BY far,for me at least.I can hold it for 15 miknutes without my mouth fillin up with spit to badly at all.
Also,after 15 minutes I taste NOTHING.No bitterness,nothing.
I love snorting sub but taking the strips via SL route is almost comparable,for me.And strips are better for snorting too since they are super duper pure.

AND...

I bet they are much safer to shoot to for those of you who like injecting Bup:!
lol love that face.

I still can't believe how freakin small they are.Wow.

I really like the strips too for intranasal use. i've taken them sublingually also and do believe they work more efficiently than the pills. Its a pretty close call for the intranasal route. i've never tried iv with my subs so no comparison between the two there.

ok, got my film today. and fuck shooting one of these lol. i looked at it and idk... i just dont have a good feeling about iv'ing it. i imagined it would be a little thinner or something but this just does NOT seem like a good idea at all lol. sublingually it works better though. the taste is about the same but it doesnt have to sit there in your mouth for 30 minutes, more like 30 seconds. i held on to a few pills incase i couldnt iv these and im pretty glad i did because if i got needle fever and tried slamming a strip i think i would lose an arm.

use some vodka when using the strips for SL. that should make it even more efficient that intransasal. the BA of the strips is already better than the tablets, using etoh with strips OR tabs makes the BA go waaay up. so there is no need to sniff or shoot or plug anymore. unless you want a faster onset.

im telling myself this more than anyone else, for the record. ive been shooting subs for years now and its the last remnant of being a heroin addict i want to get rid off. im just going to dose in the am and pm so that i dont wake up slightly sick and feel compelled to IV to get rid of wd's quicker.

im also thinking of going on klonopin again. fuck. lyrica stopped working. i drank some beer today and was like WOW. i forgot how bad my anxiety really is. i need to take care of it. lyrica was nice but even if i have to use a benzo its worth it. i think i should be ok by now in using them for theraputic use and not rec use. i just need to stop thinking so much.

so sub strips for opiate addiction and maybe klonopin for anxiety. possibly go back to lyrica with a one week break with benzos ideally. ideally.

Subs/klonopin is my dr's treatment mode.... See him once a month for about 15mins plus urine screen and I'm good to go. I keep my own THC strip tests to make sure I'm ok before going in. So far so good.

ok, got my film today. and fuck shooting one of these lol. i looked at it and idk... i just dont have a good feeling about iv'ing it. i imagined it would be a little thinner or something but this just does NOT seem like a good idea at all lol. sublingually it works better though. the taste is about the same but it doesnt have to sit there in your mouth for 30 minutes, more like 30 seconds. i held on to a few pills incase i couldnt iv these and im pretty glad i did because if i got needle fever and tried slamming a strip i think i would lose an arm.

It really isn't all that bad, I mean if your considering IVing the pills, than shooting up these strips should be the least of your worries. I'm no scientist, but in the name of harm reduction I'm almost convinced that if you're going to IV sub, then the film is definitely a better option, if only for the relative lack of filler/binder (corn starch). As someone who has IV'ed both (~2mg film as of 5 minutes ago), I would definitely suggest going with the film, I'm waiting to see a concrete list of inactives in these films to gauge just how safe they are, if anyone has this info I would be interested in reading it, but so far from an observational standpoint, the strips have been much more vein friendly for me than the pills.

It really isn't all that bad, I mean if your considering IVing the pills, than shooting up these strips should be the least of your worries. I'm no scientist, but in the name of harm reduction I'm almost convinced that if you're going to IV sub, then the film is definitely a better option, if only for the relative lack of filler/binder (corn starch). As someone who has IV'ed both (~2mg film as of 5 minutes ago), I would definitely suggest going with the film, I'm waiting to see a concrete list of inactives in these films to gauge just how safe they are, if anyone has this info I would be interested in reading it, but so far from an observational standpoint, the strips have been much more vein friendly for me than the pills.

actualy the captain allready posted a "concrete" list of the inactives in the strips a couple weeks ago. I believe its in the last sub megathread. Ill try to find the link for you since you werent able to find it.

the only real difference is the "white ink" in the strips which arent int the pills. thats the main difference that could be a wild card when it comes to IV'ing.

Also...what do you mean by the strips being more "vein friendly" than the tablets? Do the tablets hurt when you inject them and the strip dont?...i really dont see how you could tell a difference in how "vein friendly" they are without knowing exactly what the full list of inactives are. I honestly am not sure which is safer, alot of people are reporting that when they mix the sub strips with water to IV it makes a very sticky syrupy solution that they arent willing to IV....so that sounds kind of dangerous to me...BUT...I believe that that might be a result of them using too much suboxone in too little water, because you honestly shouldnt be IV'ing suboxone unless your using 2mg's or less, and some of these people are trying to IV an entire strip which could be the cause of the "syrup" problem.....so Im still not sure which is better, but I do know that we have had a list of the inactives on both the pills and the strips for quite a while now.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't the "white ink" be listed with the inactives? I would think it would be...

Why wouldn't the "white ink" be listed with the inactives? I would think it would be...

No, it definitely is listed with the inactives. I was jsut saying that we have no way of knowing if that is a dangerous inactive and something to worry about when IV'ing it. As Captain Heroin said, we dont know what type of ink is used, etc...and therefore we cant be sure if it has any negative effects when IV'ed. He worded it better than me and if you wanna read about it, its right below where he posted all the inactives for the new strips, which I believe are near the begninning of the last megathread for subs.

FOUND IT!.....

What are the ingredients in SUBOXONE sublingual film?
Active Ingredients: buprenorphine and naloxone.
Inactive Ingredients: polyethylene oxide, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, maltitol, acesulfame potassium, lime flavor, citric acid, sodium citrate, FD&C yellow #6, and white ink.

...heres the link....

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/022410s000lbl.pdf

Last edited:
^Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification.

That's crazy that they don't give anything more specific than "white ink"...

Also...what do you mean by the strips being more "vein friendly" than the tablets? Do the tablets hurt when you inject them and the strip dont?...i really dont see how you could tell a difference in how "vein friendly" they are without knowing exactly what the full list of inactives are.

What I meant by "vein friendly" was purely from an observational standpoint, as when I have attempted to IV the pills in the past, it caused hardened veins, raised injection site, and general pain, I will never attempt to do so again. The film on the other hand has caused me none of those issues, & has been smooth and pleasant upon each injection, last one being moments ago. As far as the solution becoming syrupy, you're right, I believe that to be caused by too much suboxone, too little water. I never IV more than ~1-2mg which is about the size of a hit of LSD cut out of an 8mg tab, after about 60-70 units of water and some vigorous stirring, it becomes very inject-able, at least from my stand point, I would never put an overly viscous solution into myself. I too found the mix to be slightly slimy at first, until I discovered the dose/water ratio that works best for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.