AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2010-11 NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

34-dihydroxyphen

Bluelighter
I figured this thread should be started by a Heat fan, considering you might as well just hand us the damn championship right now. The Heat figures to have the best team the NBA has seen in years (potentially evar). Everybody hates us, especially Cleveland fans. You know a year is pretty fucked up for the rest of basketball when the entire nation looks at a Kobe Bryant led Lakers team that just won the championship as the underdog. And roots for them! This is just too much basketball awesomeness for me. It is going to be a David v. Goliath battle in the NBA this year, except this is real life and the bigger dude always wins in reality. There are no slingshots in basketball (aka: the Shaq rules.)

ESPN has been all Heat all the time when talking about basketball, with rare exceptions made for the Melo trade. I'm hoping he goes to the Nets where he can become irrelevant for the rest of his career, instead of joining the Knicks and making their own big 3 down there (Melo, Stoudemire, Chris Paul). It would be league wide ownage for several years to come.

So this is the thread to discuss your irrelevant NBA teams that stand absolutely no chance of winning a championship for the next 7 years (unless you are a Heat fan too, in which case, congratulations! You get to watch the team you rooted for since childhood win 7 championships in a row).

>_<

I hate the heat, and there band wagoon fans. They wont win the nba championship they dont have the heart to. James cant win in the clutch, hes all flash Im glad he brought the trio together so we can stop comparing him to the G.O.A.T Michael Jordan.

However, he wont beat Kobe and the lakers that is a fact. LA has a team filled up with team players that have both the heart and hustle and more importantly the experince of playing championship caliber basketball.

The heat look good on papper and only good they have no team after the 3. And they wont win 3 championships I give them one after this year but the heat wont last.

LA baby.

>_<

I hate the heat, and there band wagoon fans. They wont win the nba championship they dont have the heart to. James cant win in the clutch, hes all flash Im glad he brought the trio together so we can stop comparing him to the G.O.A.T Michael Jordan.

However, he wont beat Kobe and the lakers that is a fact. LA has a team filled up with team players that have both the heart and hustle and more importantly the experince of playing championship caliber basketball.

The heat look good on papper and only good they have no team after the 3. And they wont win 3 championships I give them one after this year but the heat wont last.

LA baby.

u mad?

Not at all, Lakers are the far better deeper team. Watch and see, the heat will flop.

Chalmers: PG*
Wade: SG
LeBron: SF*
PF: Bosh
C: Joel Anthony (outstanding at defense, awful at offense in case you have never heard of him) or Zydrunas.

Important bench players: Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller, Eddie House, ect..

*Potential for LeBron at PG with Mike Miller in the Small Forward spot.

This team has depth baby. Lakers do not stand a chance. Wait till next year. Even more league veterans will take minimum salaries at a chance for glory (or in order to avoid being mediocre failures for the next half-decade).

I am a bad winner. I know this.

you can't argue that the Lakers are far deeper than the Heat. however, the Heat have the biggest three in all of basketball history.

I have always liked the Heat, but it would be rather hilarious to see them flop in the playoffs. perhaps LBJ can give another one of his underwhelming performances?

and did you really need to insult Cleveland fans so much? that's like throwing salt on the wound. while I only consider myself a Cavs fan (maybe Indians), picking on the city of Cleveland is like pushing a retarded and wheelchair bound 12 year old boy down three flights of stairs. class, mang. class

you can't argue that the Lakers are far deeper than the Heat. however, the Heat have the biggest three in all of basketball history.

I have always liked the Heat, but it would be rather hilarious to see them flop in the playoffs. perhaps LBJ can give another one of his underwhelming performances?

and did you really need to insult Cleveland fans so much? that's like throwing salt on the wound. while I only consider myself a Cavs fan (maybe Indians), picking on the city of Cleveland is like pushing a retarded and wheelchair bound 12 year old boy down three flights of stairs. class, mang. class

lmao. To my credit, I only made fun of Cleveland once in this particular post (and just barely). I wasn't particularly looking to offend you or any Clevelanders in this particular post as much as the entire rest of the NBA fanbase.

I know I went a little overboard when James first came to Miami. I used to follow South Florida highschool football and recruiting (I now feel it is a bit too predatory, and pointless, things I would rather not know, ruins the sport) so I am way used to the kind of heartbreak that occurs when natives leave the hometown team. I felt it was ok for me to pick on because I am now essentially desensitized to any sort of recruiting process. It is easy to forget that not everybody has been desensitized to the entire process as well. If Miami lost Wade to Chicago, I would have been well equipped to deal with it.

But I was just in general trying to get a little shit talking of its own going, which is a little unfair in itself because there is nothing you can say to a Heat fan about his team that will piss him off. "LeBron is a coward and not clutch". So what? We have Wade. Most Miamians already feel that LeBron is second best on the team anyway ;)

The best you can do is say we are a bunch of bandwagoners (although I think fairweather fans is more apt), but that is what we were sold on. The 2009-10 Heat's marketing strategy was essentially "We are going to free up capspace for 2010, so don't set your expectations to high", so I don't know what else there is to expect.

I'm not trying to bring you down from your high of the preseason hype. trust me, I've been there before. I'm just warning for you to count your eggs before they hatch. although I never thought LBJ could waltz right up and grab the Finals Trophy, I at least thought threw the last two years that LBJ and his team could make it to the actual Finals.

pro-basketball is a funny sport. I know that when/if LBJ stops trying at the very least you have D. Wade and Chris Bosh to back him up. something that he has never had in Cleveland (a supporting cast).

however, Coach Spoelstra (sp?) is a terrible coach. Mike Brown, formerly of the Cavs was terrible as well. I love the NBA because coaching does matter (like the NFL). in a match-up between Spoelstra and Phil Jackson, I know who most NBA heads would take.

that being said, good luck. I am torn. I don't know what team (besides the non-relevant Cavs) to root for this year. it feels bad rooting for the Heat. I think I want them to do horrible in their first year, then to maybe have success.

I want to make the Heat feel like they at least earned something

Last edited:
I think I'm going to revert back to the Bulls. it will make me feel like a child again and it has close proximity to my whereabouts. I never really wanted to root for J. Noah, though. dude is ugly.

you know what the midwest is? young and restless

Anyone else here ever break their 5th metacarpal? I did after punching a wall, and my story to my bosses was exactly the same as Boozer's "I tripped over a bag and broke my fall with my fist"

draft_lens2183618module11609897photo_1221840891boxer.jpg

all while presenting them with a hospital discharge paper that read "Diagnosis: Boxer's Fracture"

I might be going out on a limb here, but I predict the Heat will be NBA champs come June :)

I wouldn't be surprised lol ^ ^

I am just looking forward to seeing my Milwaukee Bucks... Brandon Jennings should have developed nicely over the summer... 2nd year will definitely be bigger. and andrew bogut's arm should be healed up, and the duo is fun to watch!

I might be going out on a limb here, but I predict the Minnesota Timberwolves will be NBA champs come June :)

Beasley, Love, Flynn, Johnson, and Pekovic oh my!

And a nice ex-Warrior to boot in Anthony Tolliver. CHAMPIONSHIP.

^ Beasly will be really good.

I watched the Heat's preseason game against the Pistons tonight, and they look fucking good. Wade injured his hamstring early in the first quarter, he will be out a week I hear.

We didn't miss him tonight. LeBron played like a monster, Bosh looked even better than I thought he would, and our role players are really stepping up their game (I know it was only the Pistons in a preseason game). This team can play defense.

I totally forgot to account for how many fouls this team would draw when assessing how good they will be. Teams are going to be in foul trouble all night playing against the Big 3. Hopefully it will mask the glaring weakness at center.

LBJ really is a defensive monster, sometimes he doesn't get enough credit for his all-around game just because he can have horrible nights shooting the ball. the guy can steal from point guards, out muscle Dwight Howard for a rebound, or my personal fave: chase down a player who thinks he's got an easy layup to only block the shot from behind.

add in Bosh and Wade, who I think can D up pretty well; and it is going to be very tough to score points on the Heat :\

LBJ does wonders for your interest in your team, huh 3, 4? I understand it's "only the preseason" but it is still mad fun watching LBJ dunk. he might be a media attention whore, but damn he sure knows how to attract attention

/passive aggression

LBJ does wonders for your interest in your team, huh 3, 4? I understand it's "only the preseason" but it is still mad fun watching LBJ dunk. he might be a media attention whore, but damn he sure knows how to attract attention

First NBA preseason game I have ever watched. The Heat can win 10 championships in a row, and it still would not mean as much to me as the Canes winning one. I am a much bigger football fan than I am of basketball.

That said, my interest in this team is at an all time high, and not only because the team I root for had the best free agent coup in the history of basketball. I would be interested in a superteam such as this regardless of whether or not the Heat acquired these free agents. I know it sucks the most for Cleveland and Toronto fans (Bosh never received any criticism for some reason, probably because he played outside of the US), so it is hard to like what happened, but you have to admit a situation like this one is good for basketball. If somebody beats the Heat this year in the playoffs, it will be one of sports greatest moments ever. Especially if it was an 8th seed Cavs team.

That said, I do not want it to happen. 5 in a row is what I am hoping for :D

The excessive criticism of LBJ is totally unwarranted in my opinion, however. It seems like the nation has turned everything they used to love about LeBron into everything they hate. The fact of the matter is, he exhibited every quality we love to see in our athletes (except perhaps loyalty, which there is a double standard on anyway in sports) by joining a team with two other superstars, putting his ego and some money aside for the pursuit of winning.

Some of the craziest shit I hear is that the Heat will not win the 'ship because they do not play defense (lol) and have nobody behind the Big 3. It seems like people want to find any reason not to believe that this is going to work. If it worked with Boston, it will work here. Rajon Rondo wasn't good enough for the World's team when he wasn't playing with his players. If three of your guys need to be covered at all times, role players look like all-stars. The play of Chalmers and whoever the fuck we find that is a decent center will be escalated by the fact that there will be no one left to cover them.

Status
Not open for further replies.