• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ritalin crack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtrailer

Bluelighter
Chemically Ritalin and Cocaine are very similar in structure.

Has there been concerns raised that ritalin can be used as an alternative in the manufacture of crack? is this even possible?

Some people claim that the effects of ritalin is even stronger than that of cocaine. Some people are already shooting up ritalin and i wont be suprised if they are actually going to use it to make Rit Crack.

I think that the cost and availability of Ritalin (Methylphenidate) would keep it from ever being used in the manufacturing of crack...

Some people claim that the effects of ritalin is even stronger than that of cocaine.
"Stronger" is the operative word. The effect of being run over by a truck is also stronger than that of cocaine. It doesn't make it better.

It might be possible to cut cocaine with methylphenidate without people noticing, but the effects of MPH are significantly different from those of coke. Coke is simply much better.

I think he is actually trying to talk about ritalin freebase

I think he is actually trying to talk about ritalin freebase
Finally a sane response.

Per definition is crack cocaine-freebase. Its melting point was reported with 98 °C and the boiling point with 187-188 °C at 0.1 mmHg. Comparing these values with ritalin's (freebase!!! m.p. = 74-75 °C, b.p. = 135-137 °C at 0.6 mmHg), I'd think that the latter should be even easier vaporizable. Hence, the answer to the original question would be: Yes, methylphenidate could substitute for cocaine, at least with regard to the feasibility of the concept.
When it comes to the quality of effects, well, that's a purely subjective issue. I can't see any real value in cocaine; methylphenidate was disappointing too, but at least it was better. Personal taste is of no real importance here. No doubt though, that the effects are significantly different. But I think that was not the question.

And considering the street prices of both drugs (...at least in western countries; not speaking of Bolivia et al.), I don't think that methylphenidate is that much more expensive than coke. That won't be a major concern IMHO.

I'd bet that there are reports here in the forums of people trying to smoke their ritalin; search for them! If they freebased the drug properly, it should have worked.

Peace! - Murphy

Thanks for the data! :)

Do you know if we could expect ritalin freebase to be something that could easily be handled, or would we expect an oily liquid, a la amphetamine freebase?

ebola

Beats me. Anyway if you want to try it you'll want to do a proper a/b on the pills... inhaling all that talc etc. pill binders doesn't strike as a good idea to me.

If it weren't schedule 2 you could simply buy the base of one of the presumably more enjoyable methylphenidate analogues (though the halogenated ones have very high boiling points and may not survive pyrolysis).

people smoke everything. try smoking it on tinfoil like those retarded people that smoke oxys do

Do you know if we could expect ritalin freebase to be something that could easily be handled, or would we expect an oily liquid, a la amphetamine freebase?

Considering its melting point (vide supra), I'd expect methylphenidate- freebase to be a nice solid at room temperature, provided that one removes pill binders etc. like Dread suggested. Otherwise I don't guarantee anything.

- Murphy

I'd be surprised if one could viably react the salt present in pharmaceutical preps to the freebase at all with the binders left in.

ebola

A buddy of mine shoots his ritalin everday and likes it. Im sure his veins look like shit

I'd be surprised if one could viably react the salt present in pharmaceutical preps to the freebase at all with the binders left in.

ebola

Well, why not. If you can get it to solution, and raise the pH high enough, I don't see the pill binders mattering.

Actually... it would be interesting to know freebase mph:s water-solubility. Provided that it is low enough, you might be able to simply to dissolve the pills in water, raise pH and then salt the mph out of solution... no additional solvents required, nice and simple.

Actually... it would be interesting to know freebase mph:s water-solubility.

Estimates range from 1.3 to 2.6 grams per liter.

Can I ask this thread what the pressure is inside a lung-suctioned crack pipe? The BP of methylphenidate is 135-137 in a near-vacuum, but roughly 330 at atmospheric pressure.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the goodies can be extracted out of Ritalin (and most generics) with a simple IPA extraction... I used to do this for snorting purposes and it sure made the experience better then all but the very best cocaine.

Methylphenidate can be separated from almost all binders and auxiliary agents in the pills by a combination of 1.) dissolution of the preparation in hot water, followed by 2.) filtering off any insolubles (microscopic level included; a sterile filter could be of use here as soon as some coarser filter, e.g. a G4 frit, has done the major work), then 3.) A/B-extraction (be careful not to hydrolyse the ester!) and finally 4.) drying of the extract (e.g. over anhydrous sodium sulphate), whichever that may be, and 5.) formation of crystals by slow evaporation and concomitant cooling. In the last step one needs to experiment a bit with the available solvents. Usually there can't be definite recommendations given for a proper crystallisation.

@Seep: As I tried to explain by comparing the melting and boiling points of cocaine vs. methylphenidate freebase, the physical properties can be misleading if they are not interpreted in the proper context. I think we can consider it a fact that freebase cocaine is easily smokable. As the mp and bp of methylphenidate are both significantly lower, I don't see any immediate problem, why this application should fail with it.
Oh well, maybe one problem: thermal decomposition (...maybe...). For this last reason did I recommend to search for reports of succesful smoking of ritalin-pills here in the forums. I wouldn't be surprised if we found that this fails when not converting the respective salt into the freebase form.

Damn it, why doesn't somebody with some access to ritalin simply tries this out?

Peace! - Murphy

Estimates range from 1.3 to 2.6 grams per liter.

Can I ask this thread what the pressure is inside a lung-suctioned crack pipe? The BP of methylphenidate is 135-137 in a near-vacuum, but roughly 330 at atmospheric pressure.

Not sure, but I've noticed that in my lightning bulb vapes, when vaporizing DMT, the suction seems to contribute hugely to the vaporization. I've seen sometimes the DMT vaporize only slightly when heated but when oral suction is applied it all seems to jump into my lungs...

Props to melange for rescuing this thread. I'm very interested in something that could potentially be more euphoric than crack (I love crack).

Could someone take a gander at the table posted on the wiki for methylnaphthidate. It lists binding data for several methylphenidate (TMP) analogues (and cocaine), and also has a column for the Discrimination Ratio of each. The D.R. is one measure of how likely an organism is to self-administer a substance (i.e. how addictive it is). Methylphenidate and Cocaine's DRs are about equal, but the 3,4-dichloro analogue of methylphenidate is noted as twice as addictive as cocaine. For the visual readers:

200px-Dichloromethylphenidate.png

The problem is that orally it has a slow onset, but inhaling the freebase vapors would bypass that hurdle. BTW this analogue is 8 times as potent as Ritalin and 20 times as potent as cocaine.

My mind waters when I think of something that's twice as enjoyable as crack at a significantly smaller dose.

OP, thnx 4 the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.