• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Ritalin crack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was a thread on here several months back about a guy that was rockin up ritalin with bakin soda. he wouldn't stop ranting about how awesome it was. give it a shot. dont do this if you care about your health though.

Do you know if we could expect ritalin freebase to be something that could easily be handled, or would we expect an oily liquid, a la amphetamine freebase?

ebola

even though it is an amphetamine, ritalin's structure is more similar to cocaine. mixing booze with it even produces a distinct metabolite like it does with coke.

my guess is that freebase ritalin would be like crack.

ritalin's structure is more similar to cocaine.

This is not true. In vivo ethylation depends on specific fit as an enzymatic substrate, not overall molecular structure, in this case. I'm forgetting the details though...something trans-esterase, lol.

ebola

...errr, what does in vivo ethylation has to do with the comparison of amphetamine vs. cocaine vs. methylphenidate? I think that this is a minor effect compared to the dominant ones, i.e. neurotransmitter release resp. reuptake inhibition.

- Murphy

Damn it, why doesn't somebody with some access to ritalin simply tries this out?

Peace! - Murphy

I will have access to ritalin in t-minus two weeks from now. I'll give it a shot if nobody does anything by then.

MurphyClox said:
...errr, what does in vivo ethylation has to do with the comparison of amphetamine vs. cocaine vs. methylphenidate? I think that this is a minor effect compared to the dominant ones, i.e. neurotransmitter release resp. reuptake inhibition.

StaySedated used in vivo ethylation as evidence to support his claim that methylphenidate and cocaine have closely related chemical structures.

ebola

^I think it's a better idea than cocaine crack, since ritalin doesn't have the sodium blocking properties, it should be better for the lungs.

As long as the MP is clean I don't see any reason why this should be more stupid than smoking crack cocaine or JWH-018 (both seemingly common here in the forums and accepted as nice 'n' smokable). MP is certainly less harmful than cocaine.

- Murphy

I'm also interested to hear how this works out, but I'm not all that optomistic. I've IV'd methylphenidate, and it is quite a long way from IV coke. I would think the same would hold true smoking it.

I just had a script for 20mg methylphenedate daily.I snorted them all up in two weeks though.I didn't even bother going back for a follow up....way too addicting!

different but same

Ritalin is like a 3rd cousin twice removed from cocaine. Ritalin has no numbing effect like powder does. I wouldn't think that ritalin would bond to soda, but anything is possible. I have always disliked ritalin. NOTHING like powder.

What have the last 2 posts to do with the topic of this thread? Nothing! Only because somebody recognizes the name of a known drug this must not be confused with an invitation to post pointless rubbish :\

@Atara: Did you get to try out smoking MP freebase?

Little bit off topic, but still about methylphenidate extraction.. I'm not really looking to make Ritalin Crack (don't let the media catch on to this one), because I honestly don't know anyone that would dare to smoke something even resembling crack.

I had some leftover methylphenidate XR tablets which I dissolved in 2-propanol 99.9% (= IPA)... Of course I was stupid enough not to check out the ingredient Ethyl Cellulose, a Polymer that is soluble in IPA.

Ingriedients are:

Methylphenidate HCl
Ethyl Cellulose
Talc
Magnesium Stearate

Seems to me that with these ingredients a water extraction would have been the best option. None of the inactive components are soluble in water.

Anyway.. The solution is slowly dripping through a coffee filter as we speak.. It has been for almost two days now and about 2/3 of the solution has passed through. I was wondering what should be done next.

I'm considering putting in a new filter because this one might not work so well anymore.. I'm willing to give it another two days though.

When all is filtered, I should have a solution of IPA, Ethyl Cellulose and Methylphenidate right?

I was thinking about adding a small amount of water to the solution (100 ml's) and heat the solution until the IPA has evaporated.. The Ethyl Cellulose should become solid and I'll filter again.. The remaining water can then be evaporated or mixed with Sodium Chloride to make for a nice, balanced nose spray :D

Last edited:
A few years back on the Better Living Through Chemistry forum on the now defunct Totse there were people talking about extracting methylphenidate out of Ritalin tablets and then freebasing it like you would with coke.

I'm sure some posters there did, I remember some of the more respected posters/mods confirming that it was effective and actually quite enjoyable.

Shame the site is no more.

If you smoke some sweet ritalin crack, you can make a guide in OD about it and how you did it... But I don't think it requires a lot of thought to figure out how.

Status
Not open for further replies.