• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(5-MeO-DMT Unknown dosage; DOC, Ketamine) - Classic - But A Little Lower Than The Angels (++++)

SKL

Bluelight Crew
5-MeO-DMT. 5-methoxy-dimethyltryptamine. About a match-head's worth of degraded product in the form of reddish, hygroscopic material, smoked in a glass bulb pipe. Writer is relatively inexperienced with the material. Seated, in a living room with psychedelic decorations, with two very dear friends. At around T+6:00 of a baseline dose of 2.5 mg of DOC, and T+0:45 of a small line of racemic ketamine, insufflated. A recording of the choir of St. John's Church, Elora, Ontario, performing Henry Lawes' 1648 setting of Psalm VIII is playing in the background. The writer considers this the most beautiful of all of his psychedelic experiences.

Near instantly, I am at a plus four. It is utterly ineffable. But there is no visual involvement, none of the more superficial indicia of the psychedelic state. Mentally there is no confusion. There is no breakdown of the mechanism of perception. There is utter clarity. There is a sense of eternity. This is not quite ego loss. The subject-object boundary is intact. The perceiver is separate from that which is perceived. But there is something here that is essential to all psychedelic drugs, something that satisfies some basic human longing for the sublime and the profound. Remarkably, while that longing is totally satisfied, there is nothing else ... because, at that moment, there is nothing else. The experience is all-encompassing, boundary-shattering. It feels eternal, yet I am conscious that it is fleeting. I am definitely in this moment, but there is none other. Everything is still. Then there is some enhancement of color, some slight oscillations of geometric patterns already extant. Then there is a return to linear time. I feel holy. And in ten minutes or so I am gently to the baseline.

substancecode_5meodmt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_experienced
roacode_vaporized
roacode_inhaled
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
exptype_spiritual

Last edited:
That sounds exactly like the experience a lot of people here (me included) aim for. Thanks for sharing.

Nice report. My "breakthrough" experience was very similar and I wrote a bit about it in the other 5-MeO-DMT thread. In terms of visual effects, sight was definitely enhanced, i.e. I saw dirt and stains on walls, smudges, air wafting through the window. Things that were already there, but so miniscule I didn't notice. Also some serious play with negative space...

Yes -- the essence of psychedelia, profound entirely in itself -- profundity not in applicable revelation, or psychotherapy, or development of psychological tools to be utilized in the future -- but in the experience itself, right here, right now.

This is exactly what I seek in psychedelics! And it seems that not many people understand what this is. I must make an effort to get ahold of this substance.

Agreed.

The psychedelic experience, at least in cultural context, tends to attract so much baggage in variegated philosophical, ideological, political, spiritual, religious, and other forms, and while for any given individual these things may be meaningful and important, the psychedelic experience, in my opinion, is nothing other than the essential experience itself ...

Some drugs hardly convey it at all (2C-B, the lighter tryptamines and phenethylamines); some drugs convey it with a lot of extraneous noise (LSD, the heavier tryptamines), and some somewhere in between (DOC and the heavier phenethylamines) ...

But 5-MeO-DMT is totally unique, in my experience, that it conveys little else.

An interesting angle is that a certain subset of people tend to have really bad experiences with 5-MeO-DMT, either in the form of extreme body load or extreme psychological terror (usually of death). I'd chalk the latter up to coming into the experience holding on too tightly to one's own ego for dear life, and the former to over- or under-dosing (either of which, IME, can be uncomfortable), and of course both to the idosyncracies of our own neurochemical and psychological make-ups.

But I really think this drug is one for the ages, and one that every psychonaut should have in their repertoire. But it is not for the inexperienced or the faint of heart ... it's not something I would suggest anyone fucking with without a great deal of experience with altered states under their belts.

To a certain degree 5-MeO-DMT could be a subject of one of those "there are two kinds of people" jokes. Personally I am the kind that loves the stuff. It is incomprable to me. More profound and meaningful to me even than LSD. I am a full fledged member of what I like to call "the 5-MeO-DMT cult," of which there are more than a few members around here.

^^Your above post is longer than your actual trip report. I have to learn to accept some of these mini-reports, I guess.

^^Your above post is longer than your actual trip report. I have to learn to accept some of these mini-reports, I guess.

that is the point ... I am trying to create a series of small trip reports which capture the essence of the experience, not whatever I was thinking and doing when I was high ...

Last edited:
SKL, just want to say that I've been sitting on this stuff for months now and reading what you wrote makes me want to go ahead and try it right now. :) I believe that today is the day at any rate.

It is only in the past year or two that I finally realized the punchline of my life (or lack thereof) and finally came to terms with the fact that all that truly matters is experiencing the moment for what it is; this moment - every moment. All the intellectualization that we do to make sense of things after the fact is just to satisfy our ego retrospectively. It's the experience that teaches, not what we "understand" from it.

Thanks for the insightful words.

Agreed.

Personally I am the kind that loves the stuff. It is incomprable to me. More profound and meaningful to me even than LSD. I am a full fledged member of what I like to call "the 5-MeO-DMT cult," of which there are more than a few members around here.

Great report. Short, but it tells the tale. I agree...there are those who love 5-MeO-DMT and those who don't. I still consider 5-MeO-DMT the holy grail of psychedelics. After 5-MeO-DMT...the rest is just child's play.

It is the only psychedelic with a 100% success rate for facilitating a ++++ in my personal experiences. All of my experiences with the material (when smoked) produced ++++ experiences.

It definitely IS a very polarizing substance when it comes to opinions. I have found it to be nothing more than a jumble of mostly physical (cardiovascular and GI) side-effects that hits you like a train then leaves shortly thereafter. This was true even when I IVed it, in my desperate attempt to glean anything of use out of it.

However, mixed with other substances, in particular MDMA, produces a most awesome (in the literal sense of the word) experience of what I'd describe as simulated death (very similar to Ketamien's entheogenesis but with all emotions and sensations intact and even enhanced by many orders of magnitude - incredibly beautiful and overwhelming - a single second of eternity. This combo is as a matter of fact one of the handful of serotonergics I have any interest in trying in the future as I find myself drifting further and further away from the world of classical psychedelics.

Interesting to note that this "single second of eternity" experience is one I'd definitely qualify as a ++++, yet I see a fundamental agreement with SKL's experience: that the subject-object dichotomy remains intact.

The psychedelic experience, at least in cultural context, tends to attract so much baggage in variegated philosophical, ideological, political, spiritual, religious, and other forms, and while for any given individual these things may be meaningful and important, the psychedelic experience, in my opinion, is nothing other than the essential experience itself ...

Some drugs hardly convey it at all (2C-B, the lighter tryptamines and phenethylamines); some drugs convey it with a lot of extraneous noise (LSD, the heavier tryptamines), and some somewhere in between (DOC and the heavier phenethylamines) ...

But 5-MeO-DMT is totally unique, in my experience, that it conveys little else.
I LOVE your point of view on psychedelia, and only completely agree with it :)

Re: your last line... I have one thing to add, if I may :) - I'd say if 5-MeO-DMT is floating as a thin layer of purity covering the topmost of all layers in an alembic of entheogenic purity, then the drops condensing in the other chamber would be the Ketamine experience (at entheogenic doses).

If 5-MeO-DMT conveys "little else" (which I totally agree with and understand as per the combo experience I shared above) as you say, then I'd say K conveys, or rather implies, Nothing at all, for which I have infinite appreciation as you may have noticed from my posts... I am aware of my folly for having a whole lot to say about Nothing ;). Of course, many disagree with my opinion here, but I like to stick my ego where it don't belong... hehe

Cheers, and please write more of these! <3

I LOVE your point of view on psychedelia, and only completely agree with it :)

Re: your last line... I have one thing to add, if I may :) - I'd say if 5-MeO-DMT is floating as a thin layer of purity covering the topmost of all layers in an alembic of entheogenic purity, then the drops condensing in the other chamber would be the Ketamine experience (at entheogenic doses).

If 5-MeO-DMT conveys "little else" (which I totally agree with and understand as per the combo experience I shared above) as you say, then I'd say K conveys, or rather implies, Nothing at all, for which I have infinite appreciation as you may have noticed from my posts... I am aware of my folly for having a whole lot to say about Nothing ;). Of course, many disagree with my opinion here, but I like to stick my ego where it don't belong... hehe

Cheers, and please write more of these! <3

Great post to bump.

I missed this when it was posted, thanks for that. :)

Nope, still never have. I've got ayahuasca, DPT, and 5-MeO-DMT to try. I actually have the DPT, just waiting for the right time.

A feeling of everythingness and nothingness can really feel like two sides of the same coin, and often there is an experience of non-duality involved anyway. I like K and 5-MeO-DMT together and don't think they are that opposite necessarily. I think that ego-boosting of coke would be much more opposite to K.

But yeah 5-MeO-DMT is really very special, almost always heavenly for me - I have never been more ecstatic than the most recent time with 5-MeO when I had also taken zopiclone and injected the 5-MeO I.M. for about 7 times over the course of an evening / night. 100-150 mg total. Got very intense and visual at points, which is less usual for 5-MeO in more moderate doses on its own. It was really beyond euphoric or happy... perfect spiritual rapture.

Thnx for report and interesting responses..

This was very helpful in giving me a new picture of the 5-meo-dmt experience. Good stuff.

Nope, still never have. I've got ayahuasca, DPT, and 5-MeO-DMT to try. I actually have the DPT, just waiting for the right time.

Same here, plus DOC. They are the only psychedelics I havnt tried that im interested in. Have pretty extensive experience with pretty much every trypt/phen/lyserg (excpet for some more obscure ones that dont really interest me like 2c-t...)