• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

xanax XR recreational value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toker23

Bluelighter
Doc just took me off 3 klonipin cause i told him they werent doing anything for me. So he gave me 2mg Xanax XR, do these have any recreational value? Just wondering if its anything like taking a regular bar.

well, since its timed release, its not gonna as strong feeling as a bar. its gonna be 2mg released over a certain amount of hours (not sure, could be 8,12,24). I've also heard that crushing these does not defeat the time release, but I think it would have to at least a little.

I think your best bet to break the time release on these things would be to crush the pill. maybe throw it in a shot of vodka or something and let it sit for a bit, and then take the shot. don't drink anymore alcohol after that though, because alcohol and benzo's together are scary, and very potent for each other.

or possibly just crush and parachute and then maybe drink something high in acidity like orange juice or something.

Alright cool. just wondering how it would stand up to a real bar. Ill know for sure tomorrow. but damn it took me hell to get these. ive got to take piss tests every week and pill counts.

then make sure you're not doing more than you're supposed to in one day.
if you feel the need to get high on xanax, I would suggest buying some IR's on the street,that way your XR count will be correct when its time for a pill count.

I was prescribed them once upon a time. They are worthless for recreational value.

Not only would I crush them completely and parachute them, but I'd do two to three at once and it still somehow couldn't beat the XR matrix. I hated them man.

I found that to get the feeling I would normally get from a 2mg IR I'd have to pop (3) 2mg XR's.
I agree with TokinDerrik regarding crushing it into a fine powder than letting it sit in a high proof shot of alcohol. Just one shot. Hopefully that will beat the matrix as nothing I've tried has worked really.

I was prescribed them once upon a time. They are worthless for recreational value.

Not only would I crush them completely and parachute them, but I'd do two to three at once and it still somehow couldn't beat the XR matrix. I hated them man.

I found that to get the feeling I would normally get from a 2mg IR I'd have to pop (3) 2mg XR's.
I agree with TokinDerrik regarding crushing it into a fine powder than letting it sit in a high proof shot of alcohol. Just one shot. Hopefully that will beat the matrix as nothing I've tried has worked really.

This is not good news -_- Hopefully someone else will have some input too.

Yeah man, its a bummer. I don't know what else there is to say or what kind of advice you're hoping for.

Xanax is soluble in alcohol, not water for the most part. So maybe a high proof shot of something like Vodka or Gin will dissolve the matrix over a few hours. Therefor allowing you to bypass the majority of the matrix.

Good luck.

Yeah man, its a bummer. I don't know what else there is to say or what kind of advice you're hoping for.

Xanax is soluble in alcohol, not water for the most part. So maybe a high proof shot of something like Vodka or Gin will dissolve the matrix over a few hours. Therefor allowing you to bypass the majority of the matrix.

Good luck.

Just got the script. its a purple round pill with a big M on one side and some number on the other. 2mlg alprazolam. Did yours look like this if you can remember? and also whats the matrix exactly?

Im gonna take it tommorow with 4mlg of klonipin i had left over on an empty stomach. See what happens.

Yeah I remember that they were circular and a light tan color or something with an IP on once side and a number on the other I believe.

The matrix is the concept behind not being able to abuse something that is XR. Not only does the coating of the pill count as part of it, but the pill itself is made so that crushing it doesn't bypass the time release matrix. Once you swallow all the powder, it still has to be broken down by enzymes. No matter what you do really, these are hard to get anything like an IR high from.

I crushed them when I had a script and they didnt feel any diffrent than IR to me.

Looks like ill just have to try it out >.< hope to god i can catch a buzz or im gonna be stuck with some shitty high that wont get me arrested for once.

Looks like ill just have to try it out >.< hope to god i can catch a buzz or im gonna be stuck with some shitty high that wont get me arrested for once.

Yeah that would be a shame. You may want to save some of that hoping to god in the event you have to wd from the xanax in the pen. Even though they're the XR's, unfortunately they're just as effective in raising your tolerance extremely quickly

I crushed them when I had a script and they didnt feel any diffrent than IR to me.

do you mind letting us know what generic version you had?

because I asked that earlier thinking surely not all the generics are gonna have the same matrix. at least one of them is gonna have to be easily broken simply by smashing it.

do you mind letting us know what generic version you had?

because I asked that earlier thinking surely not all the generics are gonna have the same matrix. at least one of them is gonna have to be easily broken simply by smashing it.

Im also very interested in knowing, as i might not be able to crush the pill, my guardian may want to watch me take it. idk what the generic will do versus the real bars i usually take.

You simply can't defeat the time release. The time release is within the pill.

As for the generic versus brand Xanax 2mg bars (instant release), I find them to be just the same. Very little difference IMO.

I don't understand the idea of Xanax XR, the idea of Xanax is to kick in real quick to help kill your panic attack. Maybe its to prevent panic attacks from happening but that's the idea of Klonopin.

How is ths so tough to understand for you folks, and why is the above so suprising to this individual/others?

Xanax XR is a 12hr release of alprazolam. IR alprazolam lasts about 4hrs to totally end. So, using basic logic, just take 3x your normal recreational IR dose, and you'll be benzo'd out at the same level but for the whole damn day. It would be like dosing your IR dose every 4 hours 3 times instead of just once with 3x the mg in XR...

Last edited:
2 mg / 12 hours = .166666666 mg per hour.

.166666666 mg x 4 hours = .666666666 mg per 4 hours

.666666666 mg per 4 hours x 3 a day = 2mg in 12 hours

I'm with the other guy above me.
This is no surprise.

Just do some math...

2 mg / 12 hours = .166666666 mg per hour.

.166666666 mg x 4 hours = .666666666 mg per 4 hours

.666666666 mg per 4 hours x 3 a day = 2mg in 12 hours

I'm with the other guy above me.
This is no surprise.

Just do some math...

I actually just got my doc to up the dose so ill be at 6mlg of xanax XR, hopefully this should hit the spot!

I think what people are complaining about is that it doesn't kick in right away and pack in so much of a punch which is the reason why some of the people enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.