• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Pain in the roof of the mouth

noiseclandivision6

Bluelighter
A couple of times in the day or two after rolling I've gotten an intense pain/pressure towards the back of the roof of my mouth. Eating food seems to trigger it, as when I swallow something it rubs past that spot, even gently, causing a huge amount of discomfort and making eating very unappealing. Any thoughts on what might be causing this, or better yet how to avoid it? I do tend to gurn quite a bit when I roll (even with magnesium) but I can't seem to figure out how that might be involved.

it's from your jaw contracting while you were on such doses of stimulants.
you don't notice it, but while you are rolling you are tensing your muscles through-out your body and contracting them back to lucid muscles

The same thing happens to me after I roll for a day. It feels like the food is scratching my throat when I swallow. /:

Im sure it has nothing to do with MDMA. Best way, if you are aware of it - DOCTORRRRRR

A couple of times in the day or two after rolling I've gotten an intense pain/pressure towards the back of the roof of my mouth. Eating food seems to trigger it, as when I swallow something it rubs past that spot, even gently, causing a huge amount of discomfort and making eating very unappealing. Any thoughts on what might be causing this, or better yet how to avoid it? I do tend to gurn quite a bit when I roll (even with magnesium) but I can't seem to figure out how that might be involved.

What kind of magnesium are you using?
I know that you need to take magnesium citrate in order for it to be effective. You may be taking magnesium sulfate, which has a bioavailability that's really low, somewhere around 4%, while magnesium citrate is *i believe* somewhere around 90% bioavailabilty.

Someone feel free to correct me if that's wrong.

Yeah same happens to me. I put it down to sore muscles or tissue from constant gurning. Makes the action of swallowing pretty painful.

Is it red and inflammed? The soft palate is behind the hard palate and with the constant grinding, swallowing, sucking, etc I'm sure it can get irritated. If it is inflammed and red try gargling warm salt water and spitting it out a few times a day. One teaspoon of salt to eight oz of warm water. Hope you feel better!

This happened to me last time i rolled. I didnt notice any pain till i decided to eat.. salty fries with lemonade... and let me tell you.. one of the worst kind of mouth pains imaginable lol.

This happens to me almost everytime, it is caused by consistent hardcore swallowing when you are rolling. The only way to avoid this pain triggered by food is to swallow normally when you roll which is very hard. This pain fucks you up too b/c when you have no appetite and you try to eat you physically can't its extremely debilitating.

If you use a binky.......DONT

it makes this pain way worse b/c of your constant sucking

you know how the grand canyon was carved out

well the same process goes on in your mouth when you roll

Dude, it's funny you say that, I got that for the first time yesterday after I rolled, it fucking sucks =(, I just tried my best to ignore it.

When you get in from partying rinse your mouth with an antiseptic mouthwash - or the next day when you can feel the sores from too much chomping on sore tounge/cheeks etc then use a disolvable painkiller and rinse/gargle with the solution.

Well I get prescribed adderall and this only happens to me on days I forget to eat. And I don't have any teeth grinding, jaw jacking, binky sucking habbits... :/ soooooo I think that it has to do with not eating.

Hi im Novas friend, and I have experienced this pain many times, although I go years without experiencing it. If it is the same as mine, it is caused by the roof of your mouth drying out. I'm not sure why it is triggered when you start eating, but if you have gone a long time without eating and/or done a lot to dry out the roof of your mouth (smoking, taking amphetamines, or just have a mild saliva-production disorder) then it is likely to flare up. Drink water more often.

that shits awwwwful. it feels like hives on the roof of your mouth and can last a few minutes. ive had my eyes water like i got pepper sprayed many times. if you havent ate in a while, avoid salty or acidic foods. start out with really "basey" foods like milk and cheese. Good luck! its a bitch! : P

that happens to me too. i assumed that's why the raver kids always suck on pacifiers.. but yeah that shit sucks.

everytime its ever happened to me was on the comedown or the next day when i finally tried to eat. salty fast food fries are the worst, i think. best thing you can do to avoid this, is make sure you eat something, anything. it doesnt matter if its a bowl of ceral or chips and salsa. ive had much better success by eating before sleeping after stimulants, especially mdma.

ANSWER: solved. think about this. it's deeply intuitive if you know about this stuff. its very simple. IN THE TIME WE STOPPED EATING (OVERNIGHT OR BY USING AMPHETAMINE) OUR BODIES HAVE GONE INTO A LIGHT STATE OF FASTING. Therefore when we eat, our body is just trying to warn us -HEY DONT MESS UP THIS FAST, WE'RE JUST STARTING TO HEAL! as we're trying to eat out of habit when we weren't actually hungry in the truest sense. that's it.
the condition is totally benign. its just us improperly breaking an unintentional fast.

Also this is why it doesn't matter what we eat! if its food, you broke the fast. its not an allergy. its just any food will burn. and thats also why the burning stops when you barrel through the first few bites. or you can go back to the same offending food a while later. BECAUSE BY EATING, YOU BROKE THE FAST AND YOUR BODY REALIZES YOU ARE IN DIGESTION/EATING MODE AGAIN. thank you.

What to do about it? you just have to accept that you're fasting now... and go through until you feel genuine hunger (could be days. and you will know when the time is right) OR slowly. slowly break the fast with juice or liquid foods. (broth or even blended stuff)