• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Pain in the roof of the mouth

^does your mouth normally hurt every morning when you breakfast? It doesn't and the pain associated with using stimulants and MDMA is not simply a state of fasting.

Dehydration, bruxism, chewing manically, biting of your tongue, pushing your tongue into the roof of your mouth, biting your cheeks, sucking your cheeks in etc all play a part in the sore mouth related to amphetamines / MDMA and the likes.

Suggesting that people simply do not eat until they feel hungry is pretty dangerous as amphetamines are well known for suppressing the appetite that can last for several days (more if you continue using). People should try and eat the day after and from personal experience something cold and wet is normally the easiest thing to get down - bananas are a great start as they won't tear your mouth up and are a great way to get some sugars and carbs into you.

the thing is. this happens to a lot of people even when theyre not using stimulants. using stimulants can create a state of fasting by not eating. its a bad way to induce a fast but it happens. and it doesnt always happen but there are many factors. and sleeping after not eating mayeb a few hours before bed can create a fast. hence the word "break-fast" thats why its called that.

I can assure you that the pain in the mouth from stimulants and MDMA is not the same as dry mouth from fasting. Of course dehydration is a major factor but when your asleep your not losing as much moisture as you are when say dancing all night or sweating from increased temperature etc.

Fasting and/or sleeping is not a major cause of bruxism which stimulant can cause - the constant clenching of the jaw, the grinding, the gurning and manic chewing and sucking, increased mouth acids etc all play a major part of the pain and discomfort the following day on the comedown.

When your fasting even for a longer period than just overnight - when you break your fast (breakfast yes I know) you do not get the feeling that your eating glass, your throat is being ripped apart etc. If your having such pain in the mouth or throat from not eating or drinking for 8 hours then you need to check with a doctor as it is not normal.

Of course your entitled to your opinion and your correct that dehydration will be adding to the problem but there is a lot more to the problem than just not eating overnight (not everyone stops eating when they are using, not everyone gets the torn up mouth etc)

^does your mouth normally hurt every morning when you breakfast? It doesn't and the pain associated with using stimulants and MDMA is not simply a state of fasting.

Dehydration, bruxism, chewing manically, biting of your tongue, pushing your tongue into the roof of your mouth, biting your cheeks, sucking your cheeks in etc all play a part in the sore mouth related to amphetamines / MDMA and the likes.

Suggesting that people simply do not eat until they feel hungry is pretty dangerous as amphetamines are well known for suppressing the appetite that can last for several days (more if you continue using). People should try and eat the day after and from personal experience something cold and wet is normally the easiest thing to get down - bananas are a great start as they won't tear your mouth up and are a great way to get some sugars and carbs into you.

^This.

Excessive smoking can also cause throat problems following use of MDMA. Plus I tend to find that I become more susceptible (and pretty much guaranteed to get) infection, especially if I take a lot for an extended period of time. This includes infection of the sinuses, a sore and inflamed face, coldsores on the lips etc etc. I'd imagine weakened immunity, inflammation and close contact/note sharing with friends/etc/etc all contribute to this.

I think a lot to do with the sore face and cold sores has a lot to do with the environment your in - clubbing where you sweating and may be wiping your face a lot with dirty hands, dry ice/smoke machines and also taking drinks off random people from bottles of water etc. If you can, give your face a wash through the night to get the grime off (and feels great if the water is freezing cold :D).

If you use one of the mouth or sore throat sprays (like Difflam) when you first get home or when you finish it can really help with the inflammation and can prevent those almost ulcer like sores forming - it can be a god send when your mouth is tore up.

Congratulations on the new position Tranced - really well done :)
PLUR

I think a lot to do with the sore face and cold sores has a lot to do with the environment your in - clubbing where you sweating and may be wiping your face a lot with dirty hands, dry ice/smoke machines and also taking drinks off random people from bottles of water etc. If you can, give your face a wash through the night to get the grime off (and feels great if the water is freezing cold :D).

Definitely. Basically getting messy in a grotty boiling club with a few hundred/thousand people is a brilliant way to pick up an infection, for lots of reasons. When I used to do MDMA in clubs I used to always have people picking/cleaning this stuff of my lips for me. Kind of like a layer of weird sickly gunk. Pretty grim really, but I'm certainly never in it to come out looking like a prince.

Congratulations on the new position Tranced - really well done :)
PLUR

Cheers dude. PLUR indeed. =D