Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Nucynta/Tapentadol) IV

infected_needle

Greenlighter
Well if taken orally (for me atleast), I typically need 150MG (2 75mg)or more to feel any sort of buzz.
After about 25 minutes i felt it kicking in, it gave the nice opioid receptor tingle (if you know what i mean) .
There really wasn't any euphoria for me by any means, It just makes me feel kinda bland. I dont really care for just the receptor excitment unless im going through withdrawls from diluadid or fentanyl.

Since i got it for lower back pain (2 herniated discs :( ) it pretty much gives me the ability to touch my toes without pain.

Now for injection: 1 75mg did it for the first day or iv, more made me want to sleep

Roughly 3 seconds after I let the strap around my arm loose, I got a weird menthol feeling in the lower part of my lung that lasts for maybe a second

After that my butthole gets a comfortably weird warm feeling to it (kinda like i just had some really warm diarrhea ooze out, but that's not whats happening :p )

Then i got a warm euphoric rush that lasted for maybe 30minutes to an hour?

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to try tapentadol. Just not IV. You should stop shooting pills before you get a pulmonary embolism.

Last edited:
Yeah shooting pills is terrible for you. If you must, invest in a micron filter. It will definately clean your shot way more than any cotton can. Not busting on you by any means, as i am guilty of plenty, but this being a harm reduction board it seems that it needs to be said; even though im sure you are conscious of the possible dangers.

I too have been interested in tapentadol. Can you maybe elaborate on the feeling you get from it? Whats the timeline on it? What about withdraw symptoms?

im thinking about using this for my oral surgery im about to have since im on suboxone.

i think it will be more effective than percocet since the bupe will just block it out.

Yeah shooting pills is terrible for you. If you must, invest in a micron filter. It will definately clean your shot way more than any cotton can. Not busting on you by any means, as i am guilty of plenty, but this being a harm reduction board it seems that it needs to be said; even though im sure you are conscious of the possible dangers.

I too have been interested in tapentadol. Can you maybe elaborate on the feeling you get from it? Whats the timeline on it? What about withdraw symptoms?

i answered all your questions. are there any local stores that carry micronfilters?

After being on this drug for almost a year now, i can tell you injecting it gives a rush close too, if not better than diluadid.

It is more mentally addicting than physical. If i go on injecting it for prolonged periods (2-3 weeks) then i get bad withdrawels for about 2-4 days and then it dissipates.
If I binge (3-6 days) i feel empty for about a day or two after im sober.

It isnt a terrible experience but i have had my bad side effects from it. Sometimes if i do to much my vision not only gets blurry but i see shadows (hallucinate and think i see something in the corner of my eye) Or i hear things faintly that aren't there, such as foot steps or mumbling voices.

The worst side effect when overdoing it (400mg+) is brain memory shortings.
I literally lose my ability to keep short term memory. Alot of times i will think of something, and start doing it. After about 20 seconds my mind goes blank and im standing there thinking "What was i just doing?".

It is really embarrasing when im around people, but thats why i tend to not overdo it.

Although I do not IV anything, this report has made me very interested in Tapentadol. I was a fan of tramadol and this one just sounds like a better version of that. Nice report :)

I just tried a 50 mg Nucynta thru IV means. I am a habitual oxicodone injector and have looked everywhere for some information on injecting Nucynta. I banged a 50 mg pill and got absolutely no euphoria or "high" from it. It did burn a bit, but not badly.

I have been using nucynta for about 4 months by injection. Usually 2 or 3 times a month at a dose of 5 to 7 (50 mg) pills. After safe prep of the pills and injection , I remove the strap and there is a burning sensation going up my arm from the injection site, then a slight menthol feeling in my throat and a warm feeling at my rectum lol idk any other way of possibly describing the feeling of the instant rush than that. Almost instantly my vision get blurred and distant, no depth perception at all. With these doses the hallucinations are very strong , with past expirence of lsd and shrooms , the haullicinations are usaully very real and don't go away for awhile. Thats just me though my girlfriends expirence is very different. Sorry for the incorrrect spelling.

It isnt a terrible experience but i have had my bad side effects from it. Sometimes if i do to much my vision not only gets blurry but i see shadows (hallucinate and think i see something in the corner of my eye) Or i hear things faintly that aren't there, such as foot steps or mumbling voices.

I experienced this myself after taking an extremely high dosage of tramadol. Not only was I high for close to twelve hours but i experienced strange, although minor, hallucinations.

I tried Nucynta for about 1 month and all I did was sleep. I also got disorientated and had lots of strange time-shifts where 12 hrs would go by and it felt like 1 second. I just swallowed these nothing else....I have a full bottle of these damn things and I don't like them

Damn, it's a shame we probably don't live closer to one another because I'd gladly take them off your hands.

Hey there,

I got pure Tapentadol HCl for a RC vendor. I tried snorting some but it burned my nose almost as bad as 4-EMC.
Is the substance corrosive or is the burn caused by a synthesis impurity/leftover HCl?

Also, would it be safe to inject?
I can't get hold of micron filters right now, do I need some kind of filtering for the HCl powder?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

edit : Oops, didn't notice this thread was in Trip Reports.. If the mods want to move my post to OD/BDD, feel free to do so!

^You can ask questions in reports that have been submitted. We only do not accept threads that are only questions - that is what OD, BDD, and ADD are for.

or is the burn caused by a synthesis impurity/leftover HCl?

There is no way of knowing this unless you have an analysis performed.

Tapentadol has a very dissociative edge to it when used recreationally. I do not suggest that it be injected, yet if you are determined to do so, start with a very small dose and make certain that you are in a safe place, preferably with a sitter.

The author initially stated that there were no withdrawal symptoms or cravings associated with it's use. Further in the thread the author reports that after prolonged use this is untrue. This report is only minimally acceptable due to the lack of IV tapentadol reports.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your answer! I will take this into consideration.

I couldn't find anything like this I'm new. But I just used a camel crush filter to draw up and bang and didn't even think about the menthol in the damn thing. Anybody know if that's a bad thing or anything about it?? Help!

From what I gathered from the trip report the poster only likened the feeling after injection as feeling like menthol was rushing through their veins and in their body, no minty taste or perhaps a menthol like taste in the back of their throat but that was never mentioned... but more of a menthol like sensation in their body after injection. Menthol is a kappa opioid receptor agonist if i'm not mistaken, they aren't supposed to be very fun. Maybe search for the ingredients in Nucynta pills and see if you see menthol as an ingredient to be sure but i'm almost positive that wasn't what the poster meant.

Ah yeah, the menthol rusher. I used to love banging those. MY friend and I would shoot the 75mg yellow pills and it would take us out of withdrawal and give us a weird but enjoyable high. We really liked them, that's all i know. We shot them many times too, so theres 2 more IV Tapentadol (Nucynta) reports to go into the index.

I must say though that we filtered the shit out of them, but i forget why.