• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Trouble with Klonopin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klonopin Horror Story....
OK NO BS Here after reading this story you would realize Its to damn embarrassing to make this shit up. Ok the story goes like this.
I went camping with my family in the middle of BFE Texas. 3 hrs from anywhere "Jesus"!!! First night of camp I could not sleep, was in pain and had forgot all my great pain meds. Well the only meds available to me was baby aspirin & my wife's Klonopin. So I took the Klonopin. It worked and I went to sleep quickly, only to wake up with an extra TENT POLE PITCHED (if you get my drift) however this was not your garden variety excitement erection! I didn't know what the hell was up, and why !!!
Well it was a few hours before the sun came up and it was 25* outside, and 40* inside the tent. Now this was going on 3.5 hrs of a stiffy and it was getting painful! You men know what I mean. The sun was up, so I took Moose out for a walk(my dog, I don't have a name for that yet...lol).I figured at that outdoor temp for sure things would go south,right? NOPE!!! WTF!!! Now I am totally freaking out. For the sake of this story and peoples short attention span, I will move to day 4! STILL NO CHANGE, I laid in my sleeping bag in agony, too embarrassed to tell what happened. I tried ICE, cold compresses, thinking of my ex-wife...all joking aside nothing was working. I finally told my wife, we got on her blackberry which got reception 20 miles away, and it said to try benadril. We also found 10 Soma's. I took 10 of each & passed out as we drove home.
Upon arrival in Houston, we no longer had a problem in Houston...

Fast forward 5 days later and currently to date, I still get erections anywhere from 40-70% of the day without excitement, however without the pain now! This was 6 months ago guys! I called my GP MD about 3 months ago and told the story EXACTLY AS I EXPLAINED IT HERE, and there genius advice was to go to the ER? I was come on guys think outside the box,, that would be the case from hour 3-hour-12 not FRICKING THREE MONTHS LATER U THINK!!!!!!! So now I am just a party trick....LOL
All joking aside anyone know a urologist or may understand WTF. My theory is I have permanently prolapsed the vessels that carry that blood, and just have to deal with embarrassing erections...And trust me they have happened, I stay 1 mile from any children,schools,or crowds if I can help it, unless I ware a cup. (no BS)

I'm so sick of hearing from men, "Boy if I only had your problem I would be a stud" Hey fuck you, no you would not be saying that if you had to trade with me....
Enjoy
BubbaMoose

DAMN.....sounds to me like those werent klonopins you took. maybe somehow they were erectile dysfunction pills. They have some now that last for days. Maybe your wife was playing a prank on you. Or maybe somewhow the pills got mixed up. Or maybe the pharmacy fucked up with the pills.
I really cant think of any other reason as to why that would happen.

It was KLONOPIN side effect listed in PDR

DAMN.....sounds to me like those werent klonopins you took. maybe somehow they were erectile dysfunction pills. They have some now that last for days. Maybe your wife was playing a prank on you. Or maybe somewhow the pills got mixed up. Or maybe the pharmacy fucked up with the pills.
I really cant think of any other reason as to why that would happen.

No it was KLONOPIN without a doubt, if you read the PDR it is one of the side effects listed...bummer for me I didn't know it would effect me that way...

try ativan or xanax or roffies i cant get a buzz off klonapin no matter how much i take but ativan even though it takes a high dose give me a nice buzz xanax at a medium high does causes me almost euphoria and roffies at a medium does causes the kind of nice high i'd get from ativan

try ativan or xanax or roffies i cant get a buzz off klonapin no matter how much i take but ativan even though it takes a high dose give me a nice buzz xanax at a medium high does causes me almost euphoria and roffies at a medium does causes the kind of nice high i'd get from ativan

Agreed, kpins don't affect me as much as other benzos I've tried, but I still get a nice anxiolytic effect. I feel like I have less chance of od'ing in combo with opiates since it affects me so softly (of course I keep the dose low when in combo, but I realize that it is still risky. Just want to stress that I don't advise this combo unless you know what you are doing).

Last edited:
Klonopins half life is 36-52 hours, not upwards of 90. Klonopin is a good benzodiazapin if you also have to take opiates, in my experience it reduces constipation and sense it's effects are already mild you can safely combine.

I find valium to be a better benzo for anxiety. I think the best thing with klonopin is the sleep you get.

Benzodiazepines just makes you relaxed, not high. Don't try to abuse them, or you'll get hooked for a while. There are other substances that can get you buzzed, hyper, or high, or rolling, depending on what drug is taken. Be careful with klonopin.

Klonopin is pretty much an extended release version of xanax according to prescribing doctor, currently prescribed 1mg 3x daily here... when taking as directed no euphoria is felt but if increase dosage to 9mg at once euphoria is felt here for approximately 45 minutes until onset of sleep which lasts 12 hours afterwards. However not recommended that new user do this first time around as can be very dangerous especially if one is thinking of adding any alcohol to a benzo which is greatly discouraged due to complications with breathing that can occur. Most people that actually "need" this medication will never feel euphoric effects due to brain chemistry. Those not needing it for actual therapeutic use will find themselves feeling "high" so to speak. There is a medication around town here called Amitriptyline, which is a tricyclic antidepressant people use to feel euphoric on much like some will feel on xanax however because of my actual mental health needs I never felt the intense euphoric feelings that friends did. My assumption is that its all in ones brain chemistry.

if you cannot get high off them then i would suggest you use them as prescribed.... you waste so many by the sounds of it trying to get high.... abandon that goal and take them for you fucking anxiety. if you want to get high smoke weed or another drug or go for a jog.... pills or drugs can only do so much just like antidepressants

I think people make it out to be more than it is. For those of us that actually have anxiety, they don't provide much recreational use. I hear you on the chest pains.

What malarkey! For me the high comes from the drug's ability to assuage my anxiety. I would presume clonazepam is not recreational only to those people not so severely debilitated by anxiety that the sensation of no anxiety is not intoxicating.

Personally I love the feeling of clonazepam. By far my favorite benzodiazepine.

I've been prescribed 90, 1mg klonopins for about 12 years now and I can tell you that taking 2 of them feels the same as taking 20 unless you're drinking or doing some other drug along with them. Not the best benzo to get high from. We've always called kpins mind erasers because you feel normal on them but remember very little afterwards. Xanax is the only benzo I've ever really been able to get "high" on, alone, no alcohol involved.

btw, its almost impossible to overdose on klonopin... it would take like over 2500 mgs to affect you enough to where you'd have to go to the ER.

I have been prescribed klonopin for sleep, and the help for anxiety is just an added the bonus. The first script I got gave me a "high" feeling, but since then nothing. I honestly don't find Xanax that great either. I like the valium that they have started prescribing instead. Of course, I was only getting .25 Xanax and those are like taking nothing. The 10mg valium is much better to me. The doctor actually made me pick between Xanax and Klonopin because he would not write both script, so I chose Klonopin. And then my other doctor that handles my depression meds gave me the valiums.

I don't know I guess it depends on what kinda high you're used to. Like a Percocet high is never gonna be like a kpin high. The 100% loss of anxiety is the "high" you're looking for. However if you've been forgetting what happened, I can tell you from years of benzo experience that you are at that point when you forgot, high as you're gonna get on them.

Plus the benzos just do that to ppl. Pop one (or 5) and get so high you don't realize you're high because you are so high lol and you just keep taking more until you black out the next 18 hours. Been there. Take 9 but never take 9 and drink. Don't take even one and drink. Good lucky.

Ive been taking xanax for 2 yrs the first year it felt good i felt very chilled n relaxed its been a week since ive had any i can only get 5mgs and i havent slept and my anxiety is through the roof no one prescribes anyything stronger it hell! Ive cut down lol to 6 a day i miss feeli g really good now its just to feel alright and stop me from panicking over nothing

I ate 8 1mg. (Green monsters) klons today no high I feel ya not even tired and also took them subligual my bf took two and slept 12hrs ;( why can't i do that?

I say this all the time, but if you can, get some Gabapentin. You have to stagger it, taking only 600 mg every 30 minutes. I take up to 2 grams over time. Then take your benzo and you will be in heaven! It makes your benzo stronger and you'll just lie down and relax with no worries.

lol if you truly need benzos for anxiety do not try chasing a high with them!that is not very smart and all it wil do is fuck your tolerance long term..if you are so crazy to get high, get some wed or kratom..

Benzo wd is nothing like opiate wd... at least with benzo withdrawal you can get up and move around even though you're practically on an acid trip and having muscle spasms but there is no pain, opiate withdrawal you can't do anything but lay in bed and scream and squirm and kick n pray for death

btw, its almost impossible to overdose on klonopin... it would take like over 2500 mgs to affect you enough to where you'd have to go to the ER.

Don't tell people that. Years ago I overdosed on like 21 Klonopin with a half of glass of wine. I was impulsive and wanted to die...or just wanted my problems to go away. Either way, I woke up in a hospital with tubes in me and was on suicide watch, then the psych ward. So don't tell people they can't overdose from benzos, adding alcohol increases those chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.