Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

DMT - Experienced - stuck in a loop

ColtDan

Bluelighter
i usually smoke DMT out of a pipe, and on the whole it has been an amazing experience. i saw a thread on here about snorting it, so thought i would try it. snorted some DMT last night (somewhere between 100/150mg) in a flat with some people after a few cans of lager. dunno what the fuck happened but i got stuck in a loop and thought i was going insane. there was no entitys this time, no loving female presence, no flying at warp speed...just a feeling of going fucking insane

i snorted it and a few minutes later everything went slow, liquid and began to shake. i started to wave my hands around. everything began to seem fake. nothing made sense. i felt sick so i stumbled into the kitchen... spinning and twisting like some dancing Cinderella...i could hear people in the living room talking... but the words echoed and echoed and echoed like they were on a loop. i went back inside and sat down. felt tense but strangely reassured. there was no feeling of panic as i get when i smoke it. felt so sick i got back up and went into the kitchen...the people in the living room were talking and it echoed and looped and reverbed and echoed... went back in and sat down... got back up and went into the kitchen... this felt like it happened a million times, faster and faster.

" what the FUCK is going on??? " i said to myself...closed my eyes and everything was moving, morphing, colors and lights. everything was kind of rattling. i went back inside and sat down...." something isnt right, am i in reality? what the fuck is going on?" i asked. they responded but it made no sense. i got back up and stumbled to the kitchen....my thoughts started to echo and echo... and echo, repeat and loop. stuck in a thought. it felt like i was stuck between a trip and reality, if thats even possible. i curled up into a ball and wanted it to end. felt like i was going fucking nuts. i got up and walked around, it felt like i was stuck in a room full of mirrors and didnt reflect, stuck in alternate identical realitys and i was flipping between them all. my brain felt like it had been unplugged, turned around and plugged in the wrong way. i was going wrong. everything was happening over and over.... and over. an infinite loop. all i could say to myself was how the fuck do i stop this?

i eventually did come back, but it was so gradual i wasn't sure if i was still tripping or not. very strange, felt like i had been sent to some twisted messed up alternate reality. felt like i had been turned into some kind of thinking robot, thinking about thoughts.... over and over. never snorting it again. anyone else ever been in a "loop"?

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_dmt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_experienced
exptype_negative
exptype_difficult
roacode_nasal

Last edited by a moderator:
i always keep some benszo's around to kill my trip....just in case shit like this happens

crazy trip, sorry dude

Nice report. I actually got stuck in a loop before it seemed like hours and although at the time it was very confusing and quite scary I look back on it with happiness now.

Mine was on ketamine though, prob about 600mg in 3 lines, was making a grime tune on fl studio, at home, alone. Was well weird getting stuck in the loop, I think it repeated about 20 times, I kept rewinding the song I was making/recording and re mastering it, but kept doing it over and over not remebering how I got back to the start. It was like everytine the loop got near the end and I began to realise I was in a loop, I got sucked back to the start! Was very much a k-hole, but not like any of the other hundreds I've been in.

no sourcing - please read the BLUA

Last edited by a moderator:
i feel like its triggered some sort of PTSD/anxiety disorder, went to bed last night and a weird flashback, thought i was going to have a panic attack, scared the shit out of me

i cant get DMT anymore, but i may attempt extraction soon

check out my first dmt experience, it was amazing
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=518914

That's so interesting. That's the closest thing I have read to my experience on DMT. I smoked it though. I had visual loops, intense metallic-sounding echoes, a lot of darkness, and a feeling of complete insanity and like I was stuck there forever. Real panic-attack kind of thing. I wrote a TR about it a while ago.

Oh i and i forgot to mention the people in the flat were also doing nitrous... every time their voice changed into that deep tone after huffing it things got darker.... it sounded demonic

Last edited:
I can't imagine blasting into hyperspace surrounded by a bunch of people doing whippits...

I totally hear you on coming back feeling grounded though..

I can't imagine blasting into hyperspace surrounded by a bunch of people doing whippits...

i know... i was drunk and for some reason thought it would be a good idea lol. after drinking i do some crazy stuff sometimes. nothing bad, just stupid decisions like this. thank fuck ive never done ketamine whilst drunk though, been offered it before but turned it down. at least i have a little bit of sense, i guess!

what anolog of dmt did you do? 5meo? or n-n because i thought you couldnt rail n-n dmt

It appears n,nDMT is active intranasally just at higher doses, also its supposed to burn terribly which I think would be a horrible influence on the trip

there are a handful of reports online for intranasal n,nDMT freebase and fumarate

do i have to take an maoi with it by chance i am doing research at the moment on it im thinking of getting the karmala alkaloid to just potentiate dmt by smoking half the dose for the same effect

It appears n,nDMT is active intranasally just at higher doses, also its supposed to burn terribly which I think would be a horrible influence on the trip

there are a handful of reports online for intranasal n,nDMT freebase and fumarate

it didnt seem to burn until after the trip. the burn didnt seem that bad to be honest. i would never ever snort it again though, smoking it is so much better

It's very interesting that DMT is active in this way. I was under the impression that it would not be effective, as it is not water soluble and thus would not diffuse across the mucous membranes, and would be destroyed by MAO if it made it to the stomach. If anyone could explain this to me I'd be grateful.

i railed that shit did about 45 mg never again it burns too much for not as much of a high but the slower acting visuals were beatiful

My last encounter with DMT I got caught in the time loop. Every time I tried to fight it or escape, it brought me back about 30 seconds prior with sound matching both my open eyed experience as well as my closed eye. It seemed to mock my fear and loop me again every time I tried to get up. This happened 3 or 4 times. Scary shit!!!