• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weed with speed - problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legerity

Bluelight Crew
I've always enjoyed mixing weed with amphetamines, even though I tend to hate weed on its own.

There is a thread about this from a while back, and a couple of people replied that it is good but dangerous for the heart due to blood pressure issues.

Is there any truth to this? It always struck me as a fairly benign combination, and helps a lot with the edginess.

I'm gonna say.... my psychiatrist knows I smoke weed and she still prescribes me adderall.... which isn't exactly street speed, but still... seems like if the combination of weed and stimulants was potentially deadly she wouldn't be so obliging in writing out a 20 mg adderall xr script every month.

Additionally... I can't seem to ever remember anything ever written where "marijuana" was a significant contributing factor to an OD death. I think it is relatively benign.

Also this: http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/abstract/130/6/707

I love that combination, takes the sharp edges away from speed when you're tweaking too hard & sometimes (in my opinion) adds a more psychedelic element to it.

You shouldn't worry.

Yeah I really do find it is a great combination. It didn't sound right that this could be dangerous....I would think that smoking cigarettes or dancing on amphetamines, which are both pretty standard, would be more harmful.

Amphetamines and weed is the ONLY combo I dont like with weed.

I smoke weed with pretty much everything else and its really the only combo.

I feel very confident and nice on the amps (adderall 20mg to 60mg is a good dose for me) and smoking weed just makes it somewhat weird. Ill overthink things a bit too much, and sometimes my mind will race: even on indicas.

After I come down I take some benzos (xanax is the king for me) and smoke some wed and its absolutely incredible.

Here I am coming down off 90mg, and being up for almost 36 hours, and my xanax has me way 2 excited, but calm and laid back; unlike the comedowns that make your chest hurt and mae you twitich randomly

@LonE1: Interesting, I find it creates a more spacey MDMA-like experience, more of a warm fuzzy euphoria rather than the jagged pump-up feeling of straight speed. But weed on it's own, goddamn it can paralyze me.

I personally remember disliking the combo, but it's not really dangerous.

unless you're doing huge amounts of speed i don't think theres any danger

It gives me anxiety and often paranoia. Sometimes it's fun and reduces the fatigue if your smoking trash, but overall a definite one to look out for. I can't just turn my mind down and take as much as I want with this stupid combo.

If you have a good company with you, then its ok, but when i do it alone, i get paranoid as hell and anxious too sometimes.I personally would smoke it after the speed, when you just need to get that rest, i fall asleep then most of the times and i dont like it, speed isnt as fun as it was the first times, now it doesnt even to what it needs to do, i just failing at not sleeping :| cant not sleep at all.

If you have a good company with you, then its ok, but when i do it alone, i get paranoid as hell and anxious too sometimes.I personally would smoke it after the speed, when you just need to get that rest, i fall asleep then most of the times and i dont like it, speed isnt as fun as it was the first times, now it doesnt even to what it needs to do, i just failing at not sleeping :| cant not sleep at all.

I took 30mg of vyvanse with a low to medium tolerance at most and slept right through it. But in general weed makes me tired and speed makes me fired, but they both keep me from sleeping.

Well weed and speed are my daily drugs; I use a good amount of speed to get out of bed in the morning, and then in the afternoon/evening for some fun and to make all the shit I went through during the day blur away. I still top up every 30mins-2hrs inbetween so I don't get mad. As for the weed, if I can afford it (speed is always top priority) then it is used with my morning and afternoon dose or if I'm really down or just needing to relax or can afford it'll be topped up with the speed. As for side affects and being bad for you well both affect your appetite, which is good when you wanna lose weight, but I still try to eat very small amounts of food throughout the day instead of one big meal. And correct they aren't good for blood pressure, but only with prolonged use and/or large doses

We discourage bumping old threads but you can start a new discussion if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.