• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How does trazodone compare to benzos for amp comedown?

it CAN give u serotonin syndrome!!so dont do it!!!

Amphs raise sero levels and so does trazadone so your playing with fire and you mite get burnt like I did.

I took trazadone after amph once and I stood up and blacked out while standing and fell chin first onto my bathroom floor.
I lied on the bathroom floor for around 4 seconds and got back up.
I stumbled into my bed,could hardly stand and my vision was hazing in and out.I then felt a wetness run down my chin and chest.
I WAS BLEEDING LIKE CRAZY!

I have a scar on my chin from that,which was two years ago.

I recommend you tough it out,eat something and/or find a different source.

SS is not fun.

Doesn't sound like serotonin syndrome, it just sounds like you felt the effects of the trazodone, which can do that to you if you are not tolerant. That was exactlye how I felt the first time I took trazodone......also your bp was probably all kinds of fucked up from doing amps all day.

But I have safely taken trazodone to sleep after being up for 2 days smoking crack.

I think SS can only occur after very high doses of both, because ive asked my doctor several times about it (hes like a friend, hes always been great to me) and he says as long as you arient abusing to extremes you dont have anything to worry about.

Trazodone is not anything like Benzos. Traz and Elavil are 2 shitty drugs in my opinion. I have alot of both but they can help you sleep. The Pharm companies will try anything to make there shit drugs used even more, even if they have to stretch the truth.

No it's not gonna help with the comedown at all. The only thing the trazadone will help with is the induction of sleep. There won't be any effects of relaxation, sedation, or anxiolysis like there are with benzos. Sorry, but you're gonna want to save the trazadone for when you're at the tail end of your amphetamine comedown to help you get to sleep easier.