• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How does trazodone compare to benzos for amp comedown?

LonE1

Bluelighter
I was just perscribed trazodone for sleep, and was wondering how it compares to benzos for an adderall comedown.

I got no sleep last night (no drugs involved just couldn't sleep) and took some adderall to stay up today, and im picking up some trazodone later from my pharmacy. I know its great for sleep but does it help with the amp comedown when your not exactly ready to sleep?

For instance I take 1mg of xanax when I start coming down, and I feel very releaved and relaxed, then take another 1mg when im ready for bed.

Ive heard trazodone really knocks you on your ass for sleep, but hear that it has a sedating feeling that calms you down, can anyone else relate??

I still have 1.5 mg of xanax left, but was wondering if trazodone would be nice, and I could save the xanax for another time.

Last edited:
If you are not ready to sleep, then don't take it.......it knocks you the fuck out.

You can get a mean case of anxiety doing this........................ I advise against it.

You will feel shitty waking up in the morning depending on your dosing. It metabolizes to a stimulant. So, it might exaggerate your shitty feeling the next day.

it metabolizes into mCPP, a piperazine 5-HT releasing agent and agoinst. it makes you feel shitty.

trazodone sucks compared to benzos for comedowns and sleep. also, it's effect on serotonin receptors may induce dysphoria and anxiety on a comedown.

^^^ Can you show a source for this??

Its just that I asked my psychiatrist if there would be any interaction with the adderall and he said no, and it should put me to sleep easily if I cant fall asleep.

I trust him alot so I just find it hard to believe he would just say that then give me some stuff that makes me feel shitty...

McPP?? Piperazine?! wow wow wow Ive taken pipes before, and I dont see how this could come even close to the shittyness from that drug.

yeah it converts to mCPP, but it takes awhile so if you take it before bed you'll wake up under the effect of mCPP. NOT FUN, idk why it is sold as MDMA sometimes, mCPP makes you feel like shit and fucks up your vision.

Thanks for the source I appreciate it.

Im still a bit confused how it converts to mcpp...ive taken mcpp sold as ecstasy and it made me feel like I was tweakin my ass off but not in a good way, and seeing visuals left and right. The comedown was terrible.

How could it be mcpp if its a sleep medication?? I know for a fact that all my friends who took the pills that was mcpp could NOT sleep the whole next day, me included.

Well I might be getting some benzos, but its not a guarentee.

I have 1.5 alprazolam (xanax), was going to take it with some trazodone, but now im reconsidering greatly.

Should I just stick with the xanax tonight?? I took 90mg adderall so THANK GOD i have some benzos available.

It must effect me differently because when i used it i experienved mild periferal visual, on top of closed eye visuals and restlesness, i didn't like it at all and prefer benzo's over anything

I've no problems with trazadone. It seems to affect people differently.
50-150mg Traadone and 0.25-1.0 mg klonopin helps me sleep usually. no ill effects in the morning, no hangover, if its metabolizing into mcpp it must be in miniscule amounts

The first few times you take it it will hit you like a fucking train wreck, and feels way too overpowering. And if for some reason you can't fall asleep like 20-30 minutes after taking it, as other have mentioned it turns into mCPP, and instead of making you sleep, you will stay up all fucking night. And tolerance builds so fucking quickly with this. After a month 300mg did absolutely nothing for me. I also got some bad RLS from it. Benzo's are far superior for comedowns.

^^^ Sorry im unfamiliar with "RLS" can someone explain what that is?

btw I skiped the trazodone and wound up getting a few more alprazolam (xanax) and it knocked me out good, and make my heart rate calm down so much.

ONly thing that annoys me is now I have 60 trazodones and im worried to take them because of all the negitive feed back....

Personally, Trazadone fucked me up totally. I lost my balance a lot, I felt like weirded out a lot, and it was utterly not fun.

trazadone for RLS is just not for me. Klonopins, but the doctor didn't want me on klonopins and xanax at the same time. Fucking doctors I swear to god.

Personally, Trazadone fucked me up totally. I lost my balance a lot, I felt like weirded out a lot, and it was utterly not fun.

exactly the same thing happened to me the first time i took it. i stumbled to my room and passed out for 14 hours.. slept through half the day of school.

as for trazodone being used for anxiety, i popped a 50mg while suffering an acute anxiety attack induced by crack... (it had gotten so bad that i left my gf in bed to go for a walk and ended up passing out alone in my RV...)

it did seem to work for the anxiety - my paranoid thoughts were starting to go away by the time i fell asleep. at the very least, being knocked out by it served as a reprieve from my anxiety

Trazadone has a lot of reported unwanted side-effects... but it will send you to sleep especially when you have no tolerance to it... just don't dose too high and you'll keep the side effects to a minimum... so you can keep your xanax for another time

It doesn't really compare. It will help you get to sleep, but it won't help you deal with all of the psychological bullshit. And to a lesser extent (depending on the benzo) the muscle relaxation.

it CAN give u serotonin syndrome!!so dont do it!!!

Amphs raise sero levels and so does trazadone so your playing with fire and you mite get burnt like I did.

I took trazadone after amph once and I stood up and blacked out while standing and fell chin first onto my bathroom floor.
I lied on the bathroom floor for around 4 seconds and got back up.
I stumbled into my bed,could hardly stand and my vision was hazing in and out.I then felt a wetness run down my chin and chest.
I WAS BLEEDING LIKE CRAZY!

I have a scar on my chin from that,which was two years ago.

I recommend you tough it out,eat something and/or find a different source.

SS is not fun.

Last edited: