Customs Question...

hamz

Bluelighter
Hope this is the right section. (If a mod could move it, if incorrect)

Basically, i was wondering if you order an illegal substance from another country (Outside of you UK) and you want it posted to the UK and it gets seized at customs, what would happen? Does it depend on what it is, how much of it?

Or do they just seize the package?

Just thought i would ask here before hand. Just incase i hit bad luck!

Thank you for any helpful replies!
- hamz

I believe that (at least in the case of small quantities) a letter is posted to your address to inform you that something dodgy has been posted to you and that you have the option of whether to collect it or not.

In that situation, I would advise not collecting it unless you enjoy cavity searches.

It's like any other possession/intent to distribute charge--the same rules apply.

I would search this forum for this topic and you'll find multiple threads, some recent.

I would say it completely depends on how much of a substance gets confiscated. I would think with personal amounts you would be hard pressed to get laid out with a 'intent' charge. In fact I have never really heard of that. In the US any time I have had a run-in with customs I have only received a badly copied letter saying dont do thins again. What I do slightly remember about it was it has a coiled snake and in the coil sat a pill bottle. :)

peace.
seedless

It's like any other possession/intent to distribute charge--the same rules apply.

I would search this forum for this topic and you'll find multiple threads, some recent.

I did have a look around the first 3 pages of this section, nothing really along the lines of what i was asking or looking for.

But thank you both for your information.

It depends on the quantity, type and source of the package in question. Usually if it isn't a seriously large quantity of drugs you'll get a love letter from customs and never hear about it again.

hey euphoricnod,

It's class B, mephedrone. Maybe around 5-10grams. Comes in normal package, like a letter or envelope.

But if it did get caught and they tried to pin you with it, could you not get away with 'i don't know anything about this?'

Thanks for the replies guys.

It actually depends on the substance and the class of drugs it falls into - IF you (or somebody using your address) has ordered an illegal substance (knowing it was illegal when they ordered it) and it has been flagged at customs. Your best bet is to say you know nothing about it. You dont know how or why your address has been registered and the package should simply be destroyed.

To say you know anything about the package / that you ordered it / you paid for it / you allowed payment on your card or even knowingly allowed delivery to your address is as much as saying - lock me up officer.

You won't have any problems with customs, from what I know it is rare for EU to EU post to be checked.