Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-EF - first time - another wonderful drug experience

fastandbulbous

Bluelight Crew
Well the Autumn equinox came and I had a yearning to try a new psychedelic. Originally it was to be 4-allyloxy-3,5-dimethoxthyphenethylamine, bute fate conspired to make it not so. In the end I went with 2C-EF and lordy was it a good decision (nobody mention the sychrononicity word!~). I went with 10mg after Shuligin's dosage estimation of 12-24mg (way overestimated IMO). Anyway - here goes...

T +0:00 swallowed 10mg in some orange juice (fellow traveller B9 did the same)

T +0:15 first alerts noticed (on top of 20mg of methoxetamine - I'm rather nervous of new psychedelics these days)

T +0:30 visual patterning very noticable. I thought 2C-D was better than 2C-B, but this is much, much more in every department

from here on in, the timeline becomes a bit hazy duue to the the drug's unexpected strong effects (fellow traveller had another 5mg, which he almost regrettee later).

Music becomes very important. Put on lots of Hawkwind tracks, including my favourite 'Space is Deep' (much loved after DPT experiences), but felt a change was needed and put on U2's 'Achtung Baby'. Next thing I know I'm possessed by the spirit of dance and have to express myself by groooving around to various tracks from the album, much to the amusement of B9 - could almost say "yes, he does move in mysterious ways! =D". The next couple of hours were spent dancing to just about anything that got put on the CD player (I'm normally the last one to get up and dance due to self-conciousness. Even MDMA couldn't usually get me dancing, most times I was just a grinning mess!). The plateau lasted from aprox T +1:00 to +3:00, then there was a very gradual decline back to baseline at T +6:00. The visual effects were astonishing - not the emotional depth of DOM, but like it in every other way.

If I had to make a conclusion, it would be that this is the best 2C-x compound I'd ever taken, a real quality psychedelic up there with mescaline, DOM & LSD. In fact, given the choice, I'd take 2C-EF over those three on most occasions. Thank fuck I decided that I decided to dose on the way low side - I'd hate to think what sort of experience would erupt from taking 20mg. Either overwhelmingly positive or a trip to hell.

2C-B/2C-E - left them standing in the dust IMO. Shame it's illegal in the UK as this would be my first choice for a night of dancing/spiritual revelation. My cynical side is still looking for a negative aspect to the experience, but I still haven't found one!

The above only partially conveys the joy and astonishment at the effects of this drug...

To go back to the U2 album, this possibly was better than the real thing (LSD)! ;)

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_2cef
substancecode_phenethylamines
substancecode_mxe
substancecode_achs
substancecode_dissociatives
_combo_
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird, eerie and strange, no this is really strange, I swear I had a dream last night somehow involving 2C-EF taken by you, and a longer scenery around myself responding on BL to it - yes I can still remember it clearly in my dream how I wrote to your 2C-EF trip on BL!!! Of course I miss some details but when I saw this today I almost fell from my chair. If you wouldn' t have used that synchronicity word I wouldn't doubt my own sanity now but since we have established that before I can live with it =D8);)=D

I know trying this years back at 7.6mg and 11mg (theres a thread or two) and claiming it fully potent at this level - hey its a fluorinated and therefore metabolically more stable version of 2C-E and not a "quasi 2C-I" Sasha thought of (and I'm usually right, f&b?).

Though I strongly felt a certain toxicity on this compound but this is now all proved a result of my paranoia from that time when we used to work with several fluoroethyl compounds which killed several rats and even a monkey which is not a light thing (actually it were fluoroethylamides and -sulfonamides). This all must have clouded my simultaneous trials with this compound, ah set and setting and this damned psychosomatic placebo effect...

Last edited:
Very cool. I'll be keeping my eye out for your posts about any subsequent experiences and, I assume, B9's report.

To be fair, this is really a report of 2C-EF + Methoxetamine (and I humbly recommend the title amended as such ;)). I don't think the latter is familliar enough just yet to gloss over it in trip-reports as though it were alcohol or cannabis ;).

Thanks though, this is interesting. Well, about as interesting as yet-another-2C can get ;).

Thanks though, this is interesting. Well, about as interesting as yet-another-2C can get ;).

Just jeaulous Jamshyd, I think I came 4 times with it made me so horny, what a relief of energy! The philosopher in you might disregard simple numbers as "secondary" but growing out of a catholic straitjacket it surely made a difference...

Reading it again, this sounds like amazing stuff. And all back at 8hr. Perfect length in my opinion. 2-4 is too short to really take you away (2C-D, some of the smoked tryptamines) but 8hr is plenty and way better than 12.

Just jeaulous Jamshyd, I think I came 4 times with it made me so horny, what a relief of energy! The philosopher in you might disregard simple numbers as "secondary" but growing out of a catholic straitjacket it surely made a difference...

Lol @ "catholic straightjacket"... I suppose I understand better now ;).

Seriously though? I'm saving my jealousy for when he posts about "Fluketamine" =D.

To be fair, this is really a report of 2C-EF + Methoxetamine (and I humbly recommend the title amended as such ;)). I don't think the latter is familliar enough just yet to gloss over it in trip-reports as though it were alcohol or cannabis ;).

I felt the methoxetamine for a total of about 2 minutes before it was swept away by the 2C-EF, so I didn't include it in the title as it didn't seem like a real contributor to the experience

Gazumphed! :p ;) I shall submit my report in good time

My report would have come in over the weekend I was waiting to see if any negatives resulted after the fact so to speak.
There doesn't seem to be any noticeable after effects save for the usual slightly washed out feeling one gets after consuming a decent dose of most psychedelics & only having 90 minutes sleep.

In short it's a classy psychedelic & I'd probably rather take it than any other phenethylamine you'd care to put in front of me.

As to toxicity it feels less toxic than most other 2Cxx, visually it's really active, & I noted it was powerful enough at 10mgs to knock aside the methoxetamine consumed by F&B in a similar manner that a good dose of DOM, can do with ketamine.

My cynical side is still looking for a negative aspect to the experience, but I still haven't found one!

Me neither, I can also add that I sampled the drug without supplementing/ polluting =D the experience.

The friendliness of the substance is really quite remarkable & it makes it as a top grade psychedelic that wouldn't be outclassed by anything.

Shame I've only one full dose left =D

Thank you Dr Strangedrug :)

can you please provide formula or image, i don't get what ef in 2c-ef means?

I think this is better than 2CP, however it's a long time since I ate 2CP.
2C - EF certainly has much less in the way of side effects

can you please provide formula or image, i don't get what ef in 2c-ef means?

4(2-fluoroethyl) 2,5-dimethoxy PEA
as in doef from pihkal but the 2C version.

interesting report

also, this report seems positive enough to make further investigation of e.g. the 2,2difluoroethyl and 2,2,2 trifluoroethyl variants worthwhile

Reading it again, this sounds like amazing stuff. And all back at 8hr. Perfect length in my opinion. 2-4 is too short to really take you away (2C-D, some of the smoked tryptamines) but 8hr is plenty and way better than 12.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Blimey, chaps, what wonderful concoction you gonna report on next?!?