• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Red liquid methadone

if you are taking 60mg of methadone a day orally and wanting to IV now, maybe thats a sign you should start cutting back and start tapering.. or do you have some sort of chronic pain?

actually I do, I had spinal surgery last year and my back hurts constantly. but Im red flagged at the hospital, an probation wont let me get any opiates due to the fact I used to be a heroin addict.To tell you the truth I want to stay away from regular opiates, thats one of the reasons I take methadone. I guess Im just dealing with my addiction.

Ugh, 1 more day until I see my doctor, I seriously need my methadone dose increased.

Good luck on that my friend, Im still trying to get on a comfortable dose, thats if their is one. This addiction along with the constant pain seems like a never ending battle that just doesnt ever get any better. Jesus.

Well I saw my doctor and he increased my dose to 240mg and I'm feeling a little better. We'll see in a few more days as a new dosage level of methadone can take up to 2 weeks (but usually 3-5 days) in some people for the methadone to reach maximum steady state plasma levels.

Yeah you prob need to be at a higher dose. It will help you with your cravings too.

I get red liquid methadone, is it safe to inject if mixed with water or cooked? I take 60mg a day by mouth but its not cutting it. I have injected methadone in the pill form and want to try the liquid. If its possible around what size dose should be safe and rock my world?

I wouldn't dare try to iv the liquid, it's just not meant for that. It's like a syrup and most of it will get stuck in the syringe due to its viscosity. Continue to take it orally and request an increase at your local clinic.

there is no rush from IV methadone. and yes, benzo and methadone is dangerous. but if you're just taking your normal dose of methadone that you're already used to and not even getting a buzz from, that 1mg of alprazolam isn't gonna kill you. it'll just add to it, and give you the buzz that you are seeking.

trust me,I'm all about harm reduction, I wouldn't tell you to take a dose that would kill you or put you anywhere near it. now, back in the day before I really had a strong tolerance, I did 90mg of methadone, which was enough to get me high, then I ate 3 bars on top of it. very fuckin' stupid, and I dont' know how I lived. but, for my stupidity, I was punished. I now hae a felony on my record and spent a month in jail because of it.

in fact, it still takes a little bit to kick in, not as long as oral methadone, but not quick enough to shoot it, as there is no rush whatsoever.

All the xanax is going to due is take the edge off so your not so worried about feeling the done as much anymore! I been taking 130mgs for 3 years now and did the whole benzo thing as well, I stopped the benzos 4th day in I had a clonic tonic seizure due to benzidiazipene w/d. So you might not realize it but it builds in your system whether you feel it or not. You can be taking .5mg or 20mg a day and still suffer the same consequences bc I was taking 1 to 2 mgs a day thats it. It's a very scary combo indeed, I havent touched a benzo in 4 months now. That incident saved me lol!

yea i cant do the benzo thing, im on probation. But that can kill you cant it? The methadone/benzo combo? Anyway i just like the rush from iv drug use and taking methadone by mouth doesnt come close, but then again its not supposed to lol.

exactly! When your on maintnence you have to forget about the whole getting high thing imediately because it's suppose to keep you well, i been taking 130mgs for 3 years now and i'm starting to notice 8 hours after intake i'm getting groggy and sick especially the tickle in the throat. U need to just increase your dose as your body requires. Do you go to a clinic?

yes, if you want to shoot methadone, and its really not advised. next time ask for the dose straight up, no flavoring. it'll be less liquid, and at least a little safer to shoot. I still think you're gonna need at least a 10ML rig though.

YOU SHOULDN'T BE ENCOURAGING METHADONE IV USE, FIRST OF ALL IT DOES NOTHING, I DON'T KNOW WHAT KIND OF METHADONE YOU GET BUT THE STUFF I GET IS LIKE SYRUP COMES IN WHITE BOTTLES THAT SAY METHADONE HYDROCHLORIDE ON IT, MY BUDDY HAS TRIED IT AND THIS IS A GUY WHOS USED IVs FOR A VERY SEASONED TIME, HE SAID IT'S POINTLESS BECAUSE A LOT OF THE DONE GETS STUCK INSIDE THE SYRINGE CAUSING TO KEEP OM PULLING WATER AFTER WATER TO CLEAR IT OUT. DON'T DO IT, JUST TAKE IT ORALLY MUCH BETTER THAT WAY. THE IV IS JUST A MENTAL FIXATION ANYWAY JUST WORRY ABOUT STAYING WELL FRIEND. PEACE AND GOOD LUCK!

ok I myself have shot the red liquid and it really does nothing, u get a 2 sec really week head rush like u shot coke and then u can taste and smell the cherry juice taste all over then its goes away it actually makes ur meth not last as long I was on 140mg of meth and had a bright idea to get a big rig and 2 zans crush the add it to my meth and do half at a time since I was afraid I might die if I shot the whole thing so I split it right down the middle using the rig zans in and all and what happened was a waist, I shot it got that shitty rush sat there and felt normal for a couple sec and then passed out and slept for 2 hours while me girl watched over in horror, then I woke up did the second half with the same result and later on was begging my gf to split her dose with me because shooting it made it only last half a day instead of 24 hours to 36 hours, if it wasent for her giving me some I would have been fucked going through it all night. also if ur still having the urge to get high go up in ur meth and eventully it will go away but also be careful cause there a thing called chaseing the meth high where I at one point was up to 180 mg cause it did get me a meth high more or less ur just dopey and tired now im down to 80mg no more chaseing I feel fine don't wanna get high and haven't done anything stupid or bad in two years, just as a forwarning meth is a scary drug cause u can chase a high and get it and just keep going up and up when u really don't need it ur just chaseing, also meth is the hardest drug to detox off of ive done it twice I went to a program and went down 5 mg every 2 weeks 200 mg took me almost a year to come off of and the worst thing that happened to me is for a week I couldent sleep and I pooped allot other then that I was cool the part that's hard is the head part. either way good luck and stay safe and always make sure u got a spotter when doing dumb shit like I did just incase shit gos wrong u got someone to save ur ass best of luck dan

Last edited:
https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179782
It
is well absorbed with oral bioavailability of 90% (Sawe, 1986) and peak plasma
concentration being reached 2-4 hours after oral administration (Koob, 1992).
Its plasma elimination half-life is 16-24 hours in opioid-naive people, but in chronic users extends to 24-48
hours) showing considerable individual variation (Tennant, 1987). This variation
in how individuals metabolize thc drug may contribute to differences in withdrawal symptoms reported by patients on methadone
substitution following acute daily dosage (Dyer & White, 1997).
Nasal uptake of methadone was rapid, with maximum plasma concentrations
occurring within 7 minutes. The maximum effects of intravenous, nasal, and oral
methadone, on the basis of dark-adapted pupil diameter, were reached in about 15
minutes, 30 minutes, and 2 hours, respectively. The respective durations were
24, 10, and 8 hours. Both nasal and oral bioavailabilities were 0.85. Subjects
reported that nasal methadone caused a burning sensation.
this suggests that IV methadone lasts longer?
Ive IVed brown methadone before and it seemed to have a rush greater than oral use. but im concerned about the large amount of liquid that is injected compated with h for instance. 1/4 mL for h. 1mL-20mL of more for methadone. You can purchase 25mL syringes at the pharmacy. it might not be good for the veins. maybe it could be dangerous and cause collapsed veins. Yet Ive heard that some clinics IV methadone?
Ive only done it a few times but I know people who do it all the time. Seems crazy for just that little extra BA.
methadone syrup contains heaps of diffedrent substances. Im just trying to find the list on the net now. although it may be IVed in some clinics. It's probably designed for that.

Here we are:
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...X30IBg&usg=AFQjCNFpYsJMOp3GijdHz8p1jZUyXXcpFw
Product description
What Methadone Syrup looks like
Methadone Syrup is a bright, amber-coloured syrup, with a spicy odour. It is supplied in an amber glass bottle containing 200 mL of Methadone Syrup.
Ingredients
Each one mL of Methadone Syrup contains the active ingredient methadone hydrochloride 5 mg.
Methadone Syrup also contains: sodium benzoate, ethanol, sorbitol solution 70% (non-crystallising), glycerol, caramel, flavour pharmaceutical 503.978/A and water-purified
I think biodine doesn't have the 70% sorbitol so maybe it atleast "safer" to inject but would obviously still be a bad idea. I know Biodone has less ingredients. I cant find them atm and am going to bed.

Is it safe to IV methadone?
is the red stuff Biodone which seems to be replacing the brown stuff here in Australia?

I'm starting to think that I should never IV methadone again & It was stupid to even do it a few times!

Last edited:
https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179782

this suggests that IV methadone lasts longer?
Ive IVed brown methadone before and it seemed to have a rush greater than oral use. but im concerned about the large amount of liquid that is injected compated with h for instance. 1/4 mL for h. 1mL-20mL of more for methadone. You can purchase 25mL syringes at the pharmacy. it might not be good for the veins. maybe it could be dangerous and cause collapsed veins. Yet Ive heard that some clinics IV methadone?
Ive only done it a few times but I know people who do it all the time. Seems crazy for just that little extra BA.
methadone syrup contains heaps of diffedrent substances. Im just trying to find the list on the net now. although it may be IVed in some clinics. It's probably designed for that.

Here we are:
http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...X30IBg&usg=AFQjCNFpYsJMOp3GijdHz8p1jZUyXXcpFw

I think biodine doesn't have the 70% sorbitol so maybe it atleast "safer" to inject but would obviously still be a bad idea. I know Biodone has less ingredients. I cant find them atm and am going to bed.

Is it safe to IV methadone?
is the red stuff Biodone which seems to be replacing the brown stuff here in Australia?

I'm starting to think that I should never IV methadone again & It was stupid to even do it a few times!

Dude, me too. PS. Love ya name.
Anyway, tonight I got a bottle of syrup. Dickheads told me I could shoot it straight and I haven't had a shot in two days. My shots vary to the stereotypical junkie finances. Bills paid first tho. Can't get too bad down that track of the done tho, cause I've come off of morph after a 9 month binge with my boyfriend at the time and mates. But anyway, doses vary of mophine IV between 30 and 400 mgs. I've been real messed up but I can face that fuck up after I've drank this whole bottle. I regularly use this site and it was good to actually have someone in recent years to comment. I dunno bout booting it and I noot noot pingu boot just about anything... especially anything to make me fucked up to walk, talk.. Whatever. But this syrup business isn't really something I should be tampering my veins with hey? I only shot 5mg of the syrup (1ml sharp). It didn't stick to the barrel, but the chest had this minty feeling to it. Idk guys, I've been on meth (shitty stupid amphetamines) to kinda take away the fact I haven't had morph. So I'm happy I'm not gonna be sick, I'm gonna sleep but I wanna wack this shit... So much liquid but you could just use a butterly but again, there are sugars and shit and I didn't come down in the China and European battle over the opium trade but will take it for the team that I done fucked up listening to these crack heads I was with who told me to shoot it straight from the bottle. I'm a pro at mixing me pillies, why did I even do that ffs.

Anyway, if there is a way to shoot this without it being bad for your body (despite all the risks and shit like OD. I don't want a dirty shot and I kinda do want mum to see me alive when I'm 30).

You definitely don't want to be using Methadone liquid from the clinic by any injection route. It's highly, highly damaging to the veins. I know, I've lived it. I used an intravenous catheter and line to inject mine. I thought it was pretty hot shit until I lost my main vein on my left arm after ~4 injections. It's gone and has not returned. Methadone itself is actually quite caustic, so you already have that working against you.

In addition, you have the additives present in the syrup itself. This is definitely something you should avoid.