• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lorazepam

Status
Not open for further replies.

thcmike

Bluelighter
Does Lorazepam differ any substantial amount from Xanax or Valium (used to calling everything brand names), because I've heard it producing some visual effects among other things. I'm used to valium and xanax, can anyone with experience tell me more about them? And i already have looked them up.

.5mg xanax or 10mg. valium= 1mg. lorazepam(ativan). strong benzo, but usually ranked low for recreational purposes. imo it feels most like valium, but lasts 5-8 hours. with low or no tolerance, 2-3mg. should do it.

imo it is best when mixed with other benzos or alcohol, or as a useful stimulant comedown helper.

its weird as its "strong"(sedative/hypnotic, anti-anxiety, muscle relaxation), but not the most recreational benzo around(lacks euphoria other benzos like temazepam, clonazepam, and alpralozam can have).

I find lorazepam to be a very weak sedative-hypnotic, but a very strong anxiolytic.

Also, studies have shown it to be 2 times more toxic than diazepam (Source).

I find Lorazepam to have much less side effects than diazepam. Diazepam kind of gives me a heavy droopy eyed sedation feeling which feels nice, but is very noticeable that i'm on something (Even at 20mg).

Lorazepam or (Ativan) I have been prescribed many times in the past, although it is not that potent. I still find it stronger than Diazepam for anxiolytic purposes, and its duration of action is much longer than Diazepam, even though Lorazepam has a much shorter half life of 9-15 hours.

I would rate Lorazepam (Ativan) to be one of my favourite benzo's because it kicks in pretty quickly, and the effects are nice and mild and reduces anxiety so I can function normal again.

Although now, I have been pretty much clean from Benzodiazepines for about 7 months now, except for the odd Valium or two, and my phenazepam nightmare. I decided to get clean from benzo's just because where I am in Canada it kept getting harder and harder to get them prescribed and tolerance rose very high, and I was relying on these every couple hours or more because my tolerance was so high. Having to take about 5mg's of Lorazepam for relief, or 4mg's of Xanax for any relief was a bit insane. So I got off them, pretty quickly as the Rehab place I was at tapered my 5.5 year benzo habit over 4-5 days with Valium & Clonidine, and it was one of the worst experiences of my life. Worse than Opiate withdrawal, even though Opiate withdrawal can be a very tough as well, at least the physical withdrawal symptoms don't last more than one week usually. :\

Having said all that, Benzodiazepines are still a great medication but should NOT be taken on an everyday basis, and should only be used as NEEDED. 8o

Anyways, Lorazepam is awesome, and probably my second choice benzo, next to Alprazolam or Oxazepam, and also Bromazepam. :)

i am prescribed Lorazepam and i love it....1 mg pill under the tongue let it dissolve plus it don't taste bad....hits you nice and good...

i am prescribed Lorazepam and i love it....1 mg pill under the tongue let it dissolve plus it don't taste bad....hits you nice and good...

I have the same thing but I abuse it (and am being forced to stop). I think it's quite a bit better than diazepam, and as expected much smoother than alcohol. Not as good as mescaline though.

I was given round ones that are 1mg. I took one yesterday after being on 25mg of vicodin for like 3 hours. I was really confused, more so than i am when i take valium or xanax.

Today i took 2mg before classes along with some coffee (i drink coffee every morning), i was calmer than usual, but still very confused with what was going on, balance and coordination were semi-normal, though i can usually control that anyways.

I'm not as fond of these as i am of Xanax or Valium, I'll have to try it more with whats left.

I'm on 25mg of vicodin again. I always feel vicodin as a heavy or fat high and oxycodone as a skinnier high lol.

I was given round ones that are 1mg. I took one yesterday after being on 25mg of vicodin for like 3 hours. I was really confused, more so than i am when i take valium or xanax.

Today i took 2mg before classes along with some coffee (i drink coffee every morning), i was calmer than usual, but still very confused with what was going on, balance and coordination were semi-normal, though i can usually control that anyways.

I'm not as fond of these as i am of Xanax or Valium, I'll have to try it more with whats left.

I'm on 25mg of vicodin again. I always feel vicodin as a heavy or fat high and oxycodone as a skinnier high lol.

Could the fact that mine was sublingual, therefore fast-acting, have made a difference? Also, I'm sure you'd hate it, but high-dose z-drugs such as zopiclone or (best of all) zolpidem induce a kind of confusion and delirium that's not as unpleasant as benadryl. Its like a state of delirium thats so strange that you cant help but explore as if it was a psychedelic... I am sad that benadryl is not a psychedelic... well, it is at high doses, but thats like being a weed smoker and mixing a gram with a whole pack of ciggarettes worth of tobacco. Dxm is more psychedelic for that matter, but the psychedelic effects of both DXM and Benadryl are crap compared to actual psychedelics...
and just the overall trip sucks compared. but back to the point...

I like lorazepam because it used to pound my anxiety and pull its hair, that lorazepam was like a body guard thats like "hey you cant come in here" to mr. anxiety. I admit some aspects of Valium are better, and I haven't done Xanax. Maybe a bit less euphoria than other benzos, but great for sleep and anxiety.

And about fat and thin highs, when I started smoking weed, the first strain had different thicknesses depending on the high, I'd look at a door and it would have this perspective and colour to it that would tell me how high I was, but at the tripping levels the door just got annihilated. Also from strain to strain and then drug to drug. But I've long forgotten about that shit, weed is always a 1/10 strength these days and I just dont care what "feel" a drug has in that same weird way anymore.

I have the same thing but I abuse it (and am being forced to stop). I think it's quite a bit better than diazepam, and as expected much smoother than alcohol. Not as good as mescaline though.

haha why are u comparing lorazepam to mescaline? :p

lorazepam is awesome for anxiety, but kinda sucks for recreational purposes.

I agree. but after getting anxiety from heavy drug use (which is often for me), a drug that relieves anxiety is the most addictive of them all. I think lorazepam is reacreationally better than shwagg weed (although I haven't done that many times)

Lorazepam feels like a mild hypnotic IMO. Very limited recreational value. It has a longer duration than Diazepam/Alprazolam. Lasts roughly 6-8 hours. From the 4 most prescribed benzos (Clonazepam/Alprazolam/Diazepam/Lorazepam) I find it the weakest in comparable doses.

I too found lorazepam to be kinda weak.

While conversion charts may list .5mg alprazolam = 1mg or lorazepam, I would say it's a little bit less potent than that. It would take me 2.5 or 3mg to feel a similar intensity to 1mg alprazolam. I think subjectively it's more comparable to diazepam than alprazolam though. It has more of smooth transition to and from peak compared to the the abrupt, hard hit of Xanax. It feels similar to diazepam, but it's less sedating (not to say it doesn't sedate at all, it does, as with all benzos). I think it's because of the the relative lack of sedation that most people consider lorazepam so weak.

I would recommend starting with 2mg to get a feel of it if your already familiar with benzos. as with all benzos, too much will lead to impaired judgement, amnesia and blackouts, so don't just eat a handful.

p.s.

I have never had any visual effects on this drug. I think it's only a very small subset of the population that gets this. I should add that I do get slight visual distortions and a"trippy" feel ( and I use the term lightly here) on zolpidem, but lorazepam is like any other benzo for me.

I was on Xanax when my doctor prescribed me Lorazepam as a possible alternative, what a disaster that was! I couldn't feel the Lorazepam at all, so I'd take more xanax later in the day to compensate and my benzo habit doubled in the span of about a month or so.

Basically I've never been able to feel Lorazepam. Klonopin works best for me and it's the only benzo I take these days. Xanax works well too but it's like crack in a way, it's too short acting and I have a harder time taking it as prescribed. I can actually get a little high off Xanax, I think if you really have a bad anxiety disorder that requires benzos you need a long acting benzo, then maybe xanax on top of that if you still have panic attacks, but the xanax should only be used for emergency situation panic attacks.

I don't think benzos are too recreational and if you don't really need them they're best left alone.

After years of suffering through anxiety/panic/benzo addiction hell I really do believe that you need to be seeing a psychiatrist and therapist to get better after a certain point.

I JUS GOT A SCRIPT OF .5 MG ones its ok its a benzo how does it compare to xanax hope it relieves stresss

There are much more efficient ways to relieve stress than lorazepam or any other benzos.

Edit: do you really mean that someone made a prescribtion for benzos to relieve stress?

My psyc has me on klonopin, Valium, and most recently Ativan (lorazepam).. I've been on klonopin the longest, so its sorta my "baselineBenzo" to compare others to. For me kpins work well for management of GAD..the Valium was added when I was diagnosed with fybromyalga and started getting muscle spasms in my back. Lovvvve diazepam, keeps me real chill, and the long half life is nice. The lorazapam was added for panic disorder. As I was experiencing 2-3 panic attacks a day with 1mg of kpin and 15mg of Valium already taken as perscribed... SO believe it or not Ativan really has been working for me. At least with the combo of the other 2, I'll take my kpins and Val in the morning add another Valium around noon and then once I get off work I hit the lorazapam (and the green ;) ) and then I sleep like a baby.

damn I wish my doc would give me just a combo of klonopin and valium, screw the Ativan.. I hate it, its like taking a dam Benadryl to me, if that, in fact I think diphenhydramine would do more for my anxiety than Ativan LMAO... ok maybe not, but still I would have to take like 10mg to feel them, compared to my ~4mg of kpin a day or the 40mg of valium I used to be on.. I would love to have just 2mg of klonopin and 20mg of valium instead! It seems like most people, from what I have seen, either like the short acting ones like Ativan or Xanax, but don't like valium or klonopin as much and vice versa.. I myself like the long acting ones.. Today I was freaking out! had a fucking horrible panic attack because I couldn't find my klonopin prescription anywhere I was about to fill, but luckily I called the pharm and they had a refill for me, which I could've sworn I didn't have, as I get 1 refill each month, so about 55 1mg kpins every 2 weeks, and thought last time I filled it it was a refill from the last script, and I lost my paper with the script on it! I was terrified thinking I was going to have to go 2 weeks or some shit without them, even though I knew my doc would call in a script and my awesome pharmacist would take a called in script if I had lost it, but all went well.. and I am totally rambling now, probably because I just chewed like 3mg of kpin up... awwww I feel great now, after feeling like I was going to lose my mind all day at work only taking a 0.5mg of kpin compared to my normal 2mg before work. That relief going from total pandemonium to anxiety free happiness.. it is the best feeling! So happy now. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.