• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lorazepam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry Ativan didn't work for you man..but I do recall times in my past when I was first just experimenting with random pill bottles and google..taking like 4 .25xanax (1mg) and 2 or even 3mg or lorazapam and not being as releived...anyways I do much prefer klonopin over lorazapam, as like you I love the long lasting benzos like Valium and kpin ect. BUT I feel the Ativan plays an important role in my anxiety management at least for now because I'm basically still on baby doses and I'm running low... I even told my new Psyc the very first time I met him that I was used to (and on my very last daily dose) of 4 1mg kpins a day.. and he gives me .5s.....but with 10mg of Valium and now 1mg of Ativan a day.....I'm just really left stumbled ?

I dont rate Ativan as a benzo that highly. I was prescribed 2.5mg tablets and i hardly noticed them. It's ok for anxiety but i much prefer diazepam. I think diazepam is probably the gold standard in benzo's as far as safety profile and effects go. Xanax is far too addictive in my books due to the short acting nature and effects.

Yeah you're right.. I'm very very thankful, and lucky to have my diazepam. But shit if my doc will keep writing for lorazepam ontop of my kpin-val I won't complain.. as long as we can bring up the numbers.(dosage$)

Yeah you're right.. I'm very very thankful, and lucky to have my diazepam. But shit if my doc will keep writing for lorazepam ontop of my kpin-val I won't complain.. as long as we can bring up the numbers.(dosage$)
Be careful what you wish for. Building a super high tolerance to benzodiazepines can lead to seriously horrible and potentially life threatening withdrawal. If you want benzos to keep working for what they are designed for then stick to the lowest dose possible and avoid short acting ones. Thats my advice.

Man, I've been on benzos for over 5 years now. I do have a high tolerance, and have gone through benzodiazepine withdrawl before..(3 consecutive seizures/hyperventilating and passing out walking down the sidewalk).. I really don't like short acting benzos either. Dangerously addictive, I had a bad Xanax problem a couple years back that turned my life upsidown. The lorazapam at night really I think was just perscribed as a sleeping pill as z-drugs really don't work well for me... clonazepam & diazepam are the best.

I hate how so many people are like Xanax this and Xanax that, meaning they only know about Xanax, as its most probably the most well known benzo for most people just starting to take benzos as far as people that get them off the street... I know this dude I work with, told me that he though Xanax was a barbiturate, and it was more safe to take than klonopin... Let me just say I put dude in his place, and said "ITs not a barbiturate its a BENZODIAZEPINE!!!" and klonopin is too... its scary how little some people actually know about benzos like Xanax! They think "oh well this is just some pill, it wont hurt me, and it gets me fucked up!" not knowing dick about it, and how it can be super addicting and have serious side effects when stopped abrubtly! I scared the shit out of the dude I work with, he had no idea about any of the bad side effects taking a benzo like Xanax can have! And there are so many more people out there like that too, which have no idea what Xanax actually is! they just think its some harmless chill pill.. its not! and neither is any benzo for that matter!

I know I will most likely be on benzos for my whole life, and I will continue to take them as prescribed so I don't have to deal with withdrawls... I don't mind if I am a benzo lifer, they make my life so much better! And as long as you have an on going steady supply of them, and don't abuse or take too many and run out before your next script can be filled its not really a problem! Its only a problem when you aren't responsible with your meds and abuse them, constantly running out early!

EXACTLY!!! I cannot even tell you how many (young) lives I've seen ruined by Xanax. In my area we had a HUGE influx of green hulk presses with 4mg of alp in each! So many addicts were created from this influx, and I lost plenty of friends to the justice system...horrible horrible shit. I could myself lucky I was able to get myself off Xanax when I did. I'll stick to my perscribed Diaz+Clonaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.