• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Curious on the effects of 15 mg of morphine

xxlexilovespiexx

Greenlighter
if one were to be taken by someone around 125 lbs, nineteen of age and has never taken it before.
More so, will it hit really heavy, or ease in to the high and out of the high?

Last edited:
as far as i could guess you wouldn't feel much of anything on a dose that small. are you planning to take it orally ?

if one were to be taken by someone around 125 lbs, nineteen of age and has never taken it before.
More so, will it hit really heavy, or ease in to the high and out of the high?

First, is the pill immediate or extended release. You might catch a buzz off 15mg immediate release morphine sulfate. If it's the extended release kind, the dosage tends to be much higher, even if crushed into powder.

Personally, I would attempt to snort it rather than swallow it. Morphine undergoes extensive first pass metabolism when taken orally (50-60% of the drug is broken down in the liver before it can reach the bloodstream). Snorting it theoretically by-passes the liver, allowing the drug to absorb directly to the bloodstream. There is a lot of conflicting information regarding oral vs. nasal use of morphine though, this is just my personal take on it.

hope that helped!

Morphine has a higher oral bioavailability then intranasal so snorting it is a waste. So just eat the stuff i would say. If it's instant release you don't have to crush it but if it's suspended release or XR like MScontins, kadians and m-esslons you will have to crush it it make it instant release.

If your opiate naive you might feel something off of 15mg's of morphine but not much.

If it's the extended release kind, the dosage tends to be much higher, even if crushed into powder.

Personally, I would attempt to snort it rather than swallow it. Morphine undergoes extensive first pass metabolism when taken orally (50-60% of the drug is broken down in the liver before it can reach the bloodstream). Snorting it theoretically by-passes the liver, allowing the drug to absorb directly to the bloodstream. There is a lot of conflicting information regarding oral vs. nasal use of morphine though, this is just my personal take on it.

well aren't you just full of terrible information?

first off, the pill doesn't have more than stated, if its extended release, and its 15mg, then its only got 15mg in the pill, not a higher dose.

AND THEN, nasal use of morphine has a lower BA than oral for morphine. so theres not conflicting information on that. you just have bad information.

also, you will not get a buzz off of 15mg of morphine unless you do it IV, and I don't recommend. you're better up passing up on the pill and keeping your money, or if you already bought it or whatever, just hold onto it. folks, 15mg of morphine is equal to about 5mg of hydrocodone.

I definetely would not rrecomend IVing the morphine since even IR's much less SR's like kadians or worse MScontins are very dangerous to inject.

well aren't you just full of terrible information?

first off, the pill doesn't have more than stated, if its extended release, and its 15mg, then its only got 15mg in the pill, not a higher dose.
Perhaps I wasn't clear. I meant that it takes a higher dose of extended release morphine than instant release to achieve the same effects.

AND THEN, nasal use of morphine has a lower BA than oral for morphine. so theres not conflicting information on that. you just have bad information.

Well, this abstract, done on rats btw, states "At both 5 and 15 min after administration, brain hemisphere morphine concentrations after nasal administration were similar to those after i.v. administration of the same dose, despite lower plasma concentrations after nasal administration."

but, other studies, such as this one, state that intra-nasal morphine is only 10% effective compared to I.V. when administered to sheep. The same article also quotes studies on rats that put intra-nasal morphine at 60% and 86% of I.V.

This abstract, done on humans, states " Overall, i.n. morphine 15 mg presented an efficacy profile similar to i.v. morphine 7.5 mg."

So, you can see there is in fact conflicting information. I have yet to find a study that explicitly compares the effectiveness of oral, nasal, rectal and IV morphine in humans. If you know of one, please share.

also, you will not get a buzz off of 15mg of morphine unless you do it IV, and I don't recommend. you're better up passing up on the pill and keeping your money, or if you already bought it or whatever, just hold onto it. folks, 15mg of morphine is equal to about 5mg of hydrocodone.

Some people claim to get high on 15mg. I'll agree that the majority people wouldn't feel it. but as with all drugs, some people are naturally sensitive to it.

I just ask that you have correct, well put answers if you're going to help someone.

and again, bad information. oral morphine you'll get more of the drug than snorting. especially the CR's.

just gonna say, I did 10mg of morphine my first time doing opiates at 125 lbs, and i had a nice, relaxing high for about a day. definitely nice and it eases in and out. no nausea.