• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids opiate rash?

Fornax55

Bluelighter
well it's not really a rash, but when i have a day of hard opiates (usually hydromorph or heroin,) the following day these white spots appear on my shoulder that look like my skin is actually peeling/dying/drying up. it's kinda gross. i'd imagine it has something to do with dehydration but i drink tons of water so idk what's up.

Honestly that just sounds like dry skin, I have had a similar problem in the past.

However you can never be too safe, get it checked out by you Dr. at your next check-up or bring it up if it isn't present at the time.

Yeah, that doesn't sound right man. By 'opiate rash' I thought you meant the red rash that appears around the injection site after a shot of good dope. I can't explain your listed symptoms in relation to opiates, though - and, what's more, I wouldn't trust anyone on the internet to make a diagnosis for you. That's certainly not what BL is here for... but if it *always* and *only* follows administration of opiates, you can correlate the two with a reasonable degree of certainty and do some research online using the keywords "opiate" (and/or "opioid") and "rash" or "skin/peeling" before deciding to pay for a doctor's visit.

For what it's worth, I've never heard of this happening as a result of using opiates.

~ vaya

Yeah, that doesn't sound right man. By 'opiate rash' I thought you meant the red rash that appears around the injection site after a shot of good dope. I can't explain your listed symptoms in relation to opiates, though - and, what's more, I wouldn't trust anyone on the internet to make a diagnosis for you. That's certainly not what BL is here for... but if it *always* and *only* follows administration of opiates, you can correlate the two with a reasonable degree of certainty and do some research online using the keywords "opiate" (and/or "opioid") and "rash" or "skin/peeling" before deciding to pay for a doctor's visit.

For what it's worth, I've never heard of this happening as a result of using opiates.

~ vaya

I would follow this^^ advice.