• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Chewing Adderall XR

StaySedated

Bluelighter
can adderall xr be chewed so the beads would be crushed enough to defeat the time release?

I would think so. i used to crush the tablets into powder and snort them and it definitely bypassed the XR. So I would imagine chewing would have similar effects.

They still retain some XR qualities. It might kick in a little quicker, though. But I don't see how any of you speed freaks can handle the sickly-sweet taste of Addies. Blecch! Makes me wanna puke thinking about it--I'll take the bitter, sharp chemical taste of methamphetamine any day. :)

I'm mostly replying to this because I gave my friend this same advice close to an hour ago.
The pharma company I currently work for makes very similar beads, and doing anything to change the size, shape, or even cracking the beads will increase the release of active exponentially. Chewing them will definitely work, but if you dont like the taste, throw them in a cup of coffee. The heat should quickly dissolve away the 'bead', and you shouldn't taste it.

I'm mostly replying to this because I gave my friend this same advice close to an hour ago.
The pharma company I currently work for makes very similar beads, and doing anything to change the size, shape, or even cracking the beads will increase the release of active exponentially. Chewing them will definitely work, but if you dont like the taste, throw them in a cup of coffee. The heat should quickly dissolve away the 'bead', and you shouldn't taste it.

Thats cool that you work for a pharma company.....im guessing you dont actually work with the drugs?

best way to do it is to grab a small piece of cling wrap, empty the pill into it, fold it up then roll over it a couple times with a rolling pin used for bread, or whatever else you have that's heavy and round. then empty it out into a drink or onto a surface so you can smell that shit real good.

best way to do it is to grab a small piece of cling wrap, empty the pill into it, fold it up then roll over it a couple times with a rolling pin used for bread, or whatever else you have that's heavy and round. then empty it out into a drink or onto a surface so you can smell that shit real good.

Yea...thats a great method.....

except I dont use a rolling pin.......I use a giant glass-blown mushroom. ha....im so proud of it.

This is according to Shires web site. Although this is similar to the tums w/h amines to increase effectiveness idea, thats more to do with blood pH and how fast amines clear from your system. Shires time release mechanism works on the difference in pH of your stomach, compared with the rest of your digestive tract. Stomach is very acidic obviously, and immediate release portion enters your system here. Time release portion is not dissolved in acid. It is activated lower in your G.I. as the pH rises. Higher the pH, higher the dump.
When certain high dollar OTC meds, designed to counter act an over production of stomach acid are ingested, this will circumvent the time release design of the capsules and cause the whole dose to be dumped at once. Can't remember the exact meds, they are on the drug store rack with the Tums and stuff, they just sell for like 10-15 dollars for a box. Info may still be on Shires site. Don't know why Tums themselves wouldn't cause the same thing. Maybe they do. At any rate, no crush, no chew needed, just tweak your belly pH and change a extend release capsule into an immediate release tablet.

^
Yeah that sounds much easier than putting the beads in paper and crushing them with a spoon, or rolling a quarter over them, etc......

Depends on what I have, but often times I fold a crisp bill in half, pinch one side and tilt it, pour the beads in, pinch the other side and use a few fingers to keep them in a small area(maby an inch by an inch) and roll a quarter over that a bunch till I hear no more clicking(breaking). This kills the time release, feel free to bitch and say that the extra 5 seconds it takes to absorb the brown powder(from XR beads) compared to white(IR beads).

I'm fine getting IRs. I do what I mentioned, AND THROW IT UNDER MY TONGUE AND LET IT SIT THERE A FEW MINUTES and I get a rush sometimes. After a few minutes swallow anything left that you can, and a minute or two after that swish water around your mouth and swallow again. Doesn't work as well with IR tablets, I think the extra fillers get in the way.
20mg XR beads weigh 160mg or so(so still lots of filler but they seem to work a bit better sublingually than IRs).

And it tastes delicious Eagleman and doesn't keep me up all night if I dose at noon, unlike your super tasty meth. Meth also makes me bloody from sublingual use sometimes(still gotta do it sometimes, just make sure your tongues wet enough!).

I like chewing because I prefer oral over sniffing and it requires no tools and little time.

whatd id do when i used to be prescribed adderall xr to beat the time release is crush up the beads and then put the powder back into the capsule and take it like that. i hate the taste of adderall. yuckk!