• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom and dxm? good combo?

percozakk

Bluelighter
does anyone have any experience with this combo? what were the effects? Do these two substances mix welll?
I have take somwhere between 6-8 grams of kratom and have a nice buzz. I plan on taking 250-350 mg of Dxm.
what should i expect?

Have you taken DXM before?....do you know what effects to expect from it?

...if your answers to the above question are "yes", then I would think that adding kratom to a DXM trip would be very enjoyable. It more than likely will simply increase the amount of pleasure(euphoria) you experience.....any effects it would add beyond that, I dont know, but I would imagine it would be fun.

Just be careful with your doses.

It depends on a lot of things, most especially your physical health. How long have you been taking kratom, are you addicted, etc. Early on during my 2 year kratom binge I could do 200mg DXM with 5g of 15x standardized with no problems whatsoever (in all truth it was the most powerful legal high I'd ever experienced.)

But, as my addiction grew to the 30-40g of ground leaf/day, things changed. On a whim I downed 190 mg of SymptomPak DXM and downed kratom as usual. It was a good, restless 24 hour trip and led me to finally ask a girl out who eventually became my girlfriend and saved me yadda yadda yadda. But severe chest tightness soon took over. I went to the doctor and they said it was asthmatic bronchitis. They gave me albuterol, prednisone, and tramadol and all was well after a couple days. You might ask, "well what about the anxiety about the budding relationship, couldn't that have caused it?"

A later experience would mostly invalidate the idea. I took ~200mg with my girlfriend and downed K powder throughout (I had to). The trip was great but soon after some serious respiratory issues started to manifest: difficulty breathing, wheezing, chest pain. Went to ER, they put me on a bed and let me writhe in AGONY from withdrawal for 8 hours. I was okay afterwards, but never risked combining dxm and k again.

My advice is simple, don't do it if your body is weakened in some way. Any kind of long term addiction counts. Both DXM and Kratom are opioids, so they can cause additive respiratory depression (and possibly death in mammoth doses) so just be careful.

I'm going to try the combo today, seems unsafe because pain pills are not safe with dxm but im going to try a low dose dxm and eventually work my way up until I feel it's safe.

Also read that DXM potentiates Kratom a good bit so should be a good experience :) keeps tolerance down and stuff

This thread is really old, anyways this is a fucking disgusting combo. Expect alot of nausea and more than likely vomiting, MXE is far more pleasant with kratom but even then the nause can get a lil rough. Also as long as the opioid in question doesn't have SNRI/SSRI effects like tramadol, tapentadol, demrol etc you can mix them with DXM, quite nicely as well if the doses are right. DXM is a common tolerance regulator and potentiator, I personally haven't noticed any sort of potentiation by using DXM with opioids, only makes my clean opi buzz dirty and fuzzy. YMMV

^That's true, but I don't think anyone called DXM an opioid.

Anyway, thanks for the bump. And off to the archives.

Dxm is absolutely not an opiod but a dissociative.

Dxm is absolutely an opiod. Is "dissociative" the drug class or what? Shit gets kinda confusing..we would also be correct if we called it a hallucinogen right? It comes from opium poppies tho. It's true.