• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Can I shoot with this needle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nilzar

Greenlighter
Ok so after snorting like 10 blues a day and its just not doing the trick anymore I think I want to try shooting one and see what that does. I did a little bit of web surfing on the topic before I tryed to and found myself here.

Anyway what I have to ask is the only needle I have is a veterinary needle (my gf works for a vet and she has boxes of them) it has the numbers 91-1009-00 and it says pfizer animal health on it. I am wondering if this needle is too thick to use. As this will be my first time shooting up I have no clue about the subject. I do know it is thicker then the normal diabetic needles most people use to shoot up with. The needle is smaller then normal pencil lead and bigger then mechanical pencil lead if that helps at all.

Thanks,

Nilzar

P.S. I like the forum here... rock on...

I would just go to your local pharmacy and get some there vary cheap.. The bigger the needle is the more chance you have on geting cottin fever it's beter to be safe then sorry. Imo

Check the gauge. If its any larger than 25g I wouldn't even get near it. I've shot heroin with 22g needles when all I could get was vet needles, and it worked, but boy, was it painful. And boy, was there a lot of blood!
Even 25g is huge, but not as bad as 22, obviously. It's all a matter of what you are willing to put up with, I guess. Stay safe!

I would just go to your local pharmacy and get some there vary cheap.. The bigger the needle is the more chance you have on geting cottin fever it's beter to be safe then sorry. Imo

Dont you need a script of some kind to be able to buy needles?

Eagleman said:
It's all a matter of what you are willing to put up with, I guess.

Being my first time I think I will wait for a smaller needle... thanksz... :)

you will blow out your veins with vet needles,. just gop to a syringe exchange or you can buy 10 at any big pharmacy in many states. just go to the back and ask for 10 insulin syringes ive never even gotten a dirty look.

You can get them at any chain pharmacy, I personally get my from publix (grocery store down here).......when you get there ask for some insulin syringes, and make sure to specify what size you want. I usually get 28 gauge 1/2" 1cc. You want to use anywhere from 28g-32g while learning how to shoot properly.

You can get a bag of 10 syringes where i live for about 3 bucks so theres no excuse not to have them. I don't know about a lot of the US but in canada they never even really ask you why you want them. I prefer 30 guage 1cc short tip syringes but alot of people have problems using short tips. So 29 guage 1cc long tips are the second best in my opinion. They barely leave a mark unless you miss and have to route around for a vein :\

You can get them at any chain pharmacy, I personally get my from publix (grocery store down here).......when you get there ask for some insulin syringes, and make sure to specify what size you want. I usually get 28 gauge 1/2" 1cc. You want to use anywhere from 28g-32g while learning how to shoot properly.

They don't make 32, smallest you will find is the short 31s. I like the regular 30s or 28s from the exchange (it's 27 or 28 there).

No you don't need a script to get um or every drug user would be using dirty needles.. :) just ask for um

may i suggest an alternate ROA? i used to shoot oxy but the high is very lacking after about 45 mins. maybe give plugging a try. you'll be surprised when u see ur dosages lasting 4+ hours instead of only 2, which is how long it usually lasts from snorting.

u also don't really save that much mg per mg with shooting oxy. u basically have to shoot the same amount. the only difference is that the high is more intense for the first 30 mins and you'll get a nice nod which will fade away very quickly. the only thing it'll do is skyrocket your tolerance even faster actually due to the drugs crossing the blood brain barrier faster.

Yea shooting oxy is not worth it imo, oral or plugging is the best, and insufflation is not bad.

Since we've provided you with info on how to buy needles (as well as you can search for that, there have been previous threads of this nature) I am going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.