• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I can't hit a vein...HELP!!!

Znegative when you say "shallow angle" what do you mean? Could you elaborate on that for me? I never thought I could be going through the vein...should I possibly not stick the entire needle all the way down, then try drawing back and seeing what happens? If I get blood, but the needle is only half way in, I can do what totach said...I thought this whole time the needle had to be ALL the way in. Maybe that is my entire problem right there.

Oh, my, god.8o

face palm.

the way you hold the needle are essential to get the draw-back.... could you not watch a friend in'ing... don't go with "the feel".... practic with saline ater.. until you findn your problem with your needle... i used to to go inn blind.... very dangerous... my doc told me the way to hold needles....

but i havn't iv'ed in a while, coz every place seems to be filled with corn starch, and scar tissue... IMO dont go for tthe veins in yur necck (too obvious), your dick, (coz if it goes pair shaped, your FUCKED) and in the vein betwen your legs.. also very dangerous if ou din't know exact spot) nd you could hit your feoral artery.. very dabge

Iv is fail in the long run.

lose some weight if u really wanna poke ur body and feel good for 2 hours.

Znegative when you say "shallow angle" what do you mean? Could you elaborate on that for me? I never thought I could be going through the vein...should I possibly not stick the entire needle all the way down, then try drawing back and seeing what happens? If I get blood, but the needle is only half way in, I can do what totach said...I thought this whole time the needle had to be ALL the way in. Maybe that is my entire problem right there.

Oh - my - fucking - life.

Seriously mate, stop right away. You're going to do yourself serious damage if you carry on trying to shoot with such little knowledge, seriously. I'm a GP and I have trouble registering my own veins, after nearly 8 years of experience.

Do as Captain.Heroin says, stick to snorting until you have to switch back to the needle, then get your 'friend' to help you and tutor you from there if you need to.

Serious mate, be careful, you're going to end up with an abscess and losing limbs if you carry on like this.

It's hard man,.,,, i can finally iv but sometimes I'll miss 2 or 3 times in a row... You will know what it feels like when u hit a vein .... Make sure ur going parallel I was going way too deep at first

On a side note I can never get rid of this one air bubble that always forms at top or rig I tap it squirt some the bubble near the top never goes away... Everyshot always has this tiny air bubble of course I never inject it but it's disconcerting

On a side note I can never get rid of this one air bubble that always forms at top or rig I tap it squirt some the bubble near the top never goes away... Everyshot always has this tiny air bubble of course I never inject it but it's disconcerting

IVing air bubbles wont hurt you. Every shot Ive ever injected has had air bubbles, some even 10-20 units of air. The only way air can cause harm if it is IV'd in huge amounts, way more than a single 1cc syringe can hold. So unless you're injecting 100 units of air, dont worry about air bubbles.

Oh I thought if you iv air bubbles u could like instantly die or something lol

Well that's reassuring

IVing air bubbles wont hurt you. Every shot Ive ever injected has had air bubbles, some even 10-20 units of air. The only way air can cause harm if it is IV'd in huge amounts, way more than a single 1cc syringe can hold. So unless you're injecting 100 units of air, dont worry about air bubbles.

Yea but you shouldn't be just IVing 10-20 units of air. That's just lazy, no? :D

I majorly screwed up my arms by not knowing how to shoot properly. Now those veins don't work anymore and it's frustrating because I could really use those spots nowadays. You'll regret it if you mess up your best chances because you didn't learn the right way. Plus just jabbing the needle in and not finding the vein just dulls the point and hurts.

I had a weird tweaker friend that said he could put the point in and be in the vein, he was that good, and turns out he never even pulled up on the plunger, and had big bumps where he missed :O

I had to have friends shoot me the first few times and teach me. I hope you can find someone if you choose to continue trying the needle. It can be really scary if you are alone and you hit something you shouldn't and your skin turns whitish and puffs up! Hell, save IVing for when you can't get high/well from other ways anymore.

Oh and there's no reason to have more than 5 units of air bubble in the barrel. I didn't like risking pushing out a drop of my shot, but I was able to get it close.

Last edited:
yeah man. like your doing more damage then good. just have your friend do it for you. if you watch where your friend puts it, then that should give you a general idea. and really? your really pushing the needle all the way in?! you should have read IV Mega Thread it will give you a lot of information and a lot of harm reduction.

and if you just recently started again, why would you go straight to IV? just stick to sniffing for now. only shoot if your tolerance goes back up.

Yea but you shouldn't be just IVing 10-20 units of air. That's just lazy, no? :D

Lol, that only happened once when I was in a rush..and another time when I was digging for a vein and pulling back lots of times and finally registered. %)

Wow, this sounds like natural selection hard at work.

In my crazy, perfect world, anyone who is about to "cross the line" and get into IV drugs is so scared shitless that they automatically do as much reading and research as possible so they are as well prepared as possible.

You said you did a lot of reading but couldn't find any answers - but clearly you failed to even notice the thread called "THE IV MEGA THREAD" where many of the points you've brought up would have been addressed. In addition, just typing "iv drug safety" into google would return a butt load of good advice.

So clearly you aren't that scared of the needle and may even have a death wish. I guess if I was 5'4 and 240 lbs I'd want to die too.

But if you'd rather let drugs ease the pain of existence while you get some exercise and eat less, do yourself a favor and STOP INJECTING until you've exhaustively researched what you're doing.

Here's one tip: do NOT just shove the whole needle into your arm and pull back hoping for a register; if you think you're over a vein, stick the needle in just enough to break the surface (maybe an eighth of an inch tops), then draw back AND HOLD IT - you probably won't see any blood yet, but you've now created a vacuum in the syringe which is now patiently waiting for something to suck up. NOW slowly push the needle down and if it meets a vein, you'll see the syringe fill with blood and now you're in.

This technique takes some of the guesswork out of it. As long as you know the location of the vein, this trick means you won't have to guess at how deep (or shallow) the vein is. Just break the surface, pull back and slowly push in. This has made it SO much easier for me to register, since the hardest thing for me was trying to guess how deep to push in. Now I don't have to worry about it.

As others have said, given your weight, the tops of the hands or inside side of the wrist might be your best bet. I'd advise against the feet, it's one of the worst places to inject (and, no offense, but i'd guess all that bending over to even get to your feet is quite a chore).

Stick to your arms and hands and educate yourself before you try again.

Read the megathread. Look online for the PDF of safe injecting.

And lay off the Twinkies.

In my crazy, perfect world, anyone who is about to "cross the line" and get into IV drugs is so scared shitless that they automatically do as much reading and research as possible so they are as well prepared as possible.

You said you did a lot of reading but couldn't find any answers - but clearly you failed to even notice the thread called "THE IV MEGA THREAD" where many of the points you've brought up would have been addressed. In addition, just typing "iv drug safety" into google would return a butt load of good advice.

So clearly you aren't that scared of the needle and may even have a death wish. I guess if I was 5'4 and 240 lbs I'd want to die too.

But if you'd rather let drugs ease the pain of existence while you get some exercise and eat less, do yourself a favor and STOP INJECTING until you've exhaustively researched what you're doing.

Here's one tip: do NOT just shove the whole needle into your arm and pull back hoping for a register; if you think you're over a vein, stick the needle in just enough to break the surface (maybe an eighth of an inch tops), then draw back AND HOLD IT - you probably won't see any blood yet, but you've now created a vacuum in the syringe which is now patiently waiting for something to suck up. NOW slowly push the needle down and if it meets a vein, you'll see the syringe fill with blood and now you're in.

This technique takes some of the guesswork out of it. As long as you know the location of the vein, this trick means you won't have to guess at how deep (or shallow) the vein is. Just break the surface, pull back and slowly push in. This has made it SO much easier for me to register, since the hardest thing for me was trying to guess how deep to push in. Now I don't have to worry about it.

As others have said, given your weight, the tops of the hands or inside side of the wrist might be your best bet. I'd advise against the feet, it's one of the worst places to inject (and, no offense, but i'd guess all that bending over to even get to your feet is quite a chore).

That is some very helpful information, surrounded by a lot of rude comments. How disgusting that you are talking to someone like that, who only wanted some help. You have no idea why this person weighs what he does, and you poking nasty comments isn't going to help him in his poking. Grow up, John.

That being said, I've never really had too many issues shooting up... And I'm thin. But here are some tips to hopefully help.... 1st of all, get warm, possibly even try in the shower, this will help your veins pop. 2nd, definately go for the hands and wrists. 3. if it bleeds it doesn't mean you are in, if there is blood going into the syringe, it does 4. ALWAYS pull back a bit before you start digging, but after you've actually put the needle in just a bit, then you can have a vaccuum pocket to fill up with blood to let you know you've registered, as the rude John burrows has stated. this is KEY! VERY IMPORTANT 5. try tying off halfway between your elbow and wrist, just a bit closer to the wrist than not and 6. look at the underside of your arm, near your wrist... slap the area hard a few times, and feel around. the areas where there is a vein will be sort of springy, you should be able to feel the veins even if you can't see them, 7. 45 degree angle -
so recap just stick it in a little, then pull back, then start to slowly push it (needle not plunger) in a little at a time, til you see blood enter syringe, then stop and push the plunger, don't jack it off, its not necessary (pull blood back into the rig and re-inject) wa-la you've just hit yourself if you want I'll take some pictures of myself doing it for you step by step

disclaimer- I don't really think this is a good idea but i don't want you to lose an arm and your obviously set on doing it, that's why I'm helping. IMO you should NOT inject your drugs (i know i'm a hypocrite)

also once you get good you will be able to feel what its like to enter your vein.... Its very smooth like... Also a good tip is to feel your vein with your fingers so you know where its at.... I dont do the suction tip i usually just enter and i know when im in register then unload..... I would also not reccomend inserting then digging around searching for the vein.. just exit and re enter.....

Its definetly not easy it takes alot of practice.....

and John real rude man

Last edited:

asshole...fuckin major asshole

I usually muscled my dope, but your muscles disolve over time. My ass is missing a chunk.

Inverted/flattened buttcheeks or bruises, abcesses and scarred veins, the choice is yours!

It's called tough love folks, look it up. I don't sugar coat things and pat people on the head and tell them everything will be ok.

But for all my sarcasm, I'm a lot more helpful on this board than 90% of the idiots who post, including the OP of this thread who's digging holes in his arm BEFORE properly educating himself. You might as well take a handful of pills THEN come on here and ask about proper dosage.

Sometimes people need a slap. But go ahead and look at my posting history and then come back and tell me what a terrible person I am.