Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Nitrous oxide safety.

satricion

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I know this is a topic that has been done to death and there's a great archived thread about nitrous safety, but I have a question that isn't covered in that and I'd like some Australia-specific experiences.

Basically, has anyone experienced any differences in the different brands of cream bulbs available in Australia? ISI is the only one I have used. It seems to be the most common brand and has been fine. But there are other brands that are cheaper. They all say they contain 8g of nitrous, but has anyone had any experiences which might indicate that these other brands might have more dangerous additives which could cause problems when inhaling them? These other brands include Whip-It and Mosa.

Has anyone tried these other brands, and have any relevant experience?

I do remember seeing a thread on this somewhere on BL once before. I will try to find it and post a link.

From my experience I have had trouble with headaches and excess residue from other brands. ISI brand seems to be the best for huffing. If you do decide to use other brands try taping a piece of coffee filter over the mouth piece to catch any residue that would otherwise end up in the lungs. I even use a filter when using ISI brand and no longer cough the day after a good nang session.

Other brands can be obtained for much cheaper but it may be worth sticking to ISI brand. I do know that sparkwhip are made in the ISI factory so i doubt they'd be any different. You never know though.

I have only used ISI and Sparkwhip (made by ISI I am pretty sure) brands of nangs. I seem to recall reading ages ago (I think Splatt posted it, not sure) that there were some really cheap and low quality brands that had a lot more gunk and shit in them. Clover is a brand name that springs to mind.

Apparently these lower quality ones have a different appearance than ISI bulbs do, but I cannot recall for certain. If you hit many nangs you do start to notice this gunky shit in your cracker that couldn't be healthy, if there is more of that shite in cheaper brands they are well worth avoiding imho.

It may be a good idea to put a piece of cloth or fabric of some kind over the opening you attach the balloon to, as this could potentially filter out some of that grease shite. I have never bothered myself (stupidly!) so cannot say for sure it will have an impact.

Last edited:
Clover bulbs are green, Mosa and bestwhip are chrome, ISI and sparkwhip are steel grey.

I found the 16g bulbs to be the dirtiest by far.

It would be good to get some pics of the different kinds up here for HR purposes.

I also remember this being covered in an old thread.. There were brands that were a little better for you , im not sure of the names now, but ISI was the one talked about for being kind to the body...ahh nangs ;)

P.s Always filter :) or have a good dentist !

i have bought some cheap china brands beofre, the prices were like 1/3 the price of isi. but the quality was also about 1/3. although it says its 8grams as well, but sometimes u load a tripple in and u still can have it in one breathe (which is usually 1 bulb) for me. yeah. and headaches too.

Stick with ISI and u'll be right

I have found Whip-It to be the kindest and nicest on the body. Apparantly they are made from medical grade nitrous oxide, whereas the others(including ISI) are made from food grade nitrous oxide. I am sure there isn't all that much difference between medical grade and high quality(such as ISI) food grade nitrous, but I did notice that the Whip-Its were alot better than any other nangs I have used. I am a pretty big nang whore, i recently went through two cartons(about 70 boxes all up) in a week, one being Whip-It and the other being ISI. Comparing the two directly one after the other, the Whip-It's proved to be much nicer, and gave me a better high. I still found that after having heaps of ISI, I still got the headaches. This wasn't the case with the Whip-It. It may have all been in my head, after knowing that they were medical grade I could have made myself believe they were better... but either way, I still found them to be alot nicer on my body and on my throat and lungs! Hehe plus the bulbs are blue, so they look cool too!! Altho the only place I have found them is online, never seen them in the shops.

phpThumb.php

Description: As stated on the box.
"nitrous oxide used in our whip-it brand chargers are of the highest quality medical grade"

This means there are no impurities you may find in food grade cream chargers, which results in a cleaner, fresher taste!

You can relive the whipped cream taste you enjoyed as a kid!

Fresh, wholesome, real whipped cream, minus all the chemicals and artificial flavorings — that’s what the Whip-it! brand cream whipper is all about.

Whip-it is the ultimate in quality and design, reflecting over 60 years of manufacturing expertise.

Whip-it chargers meet all Pharmacopoeia Eur. lll and Vll and Pharmacopoeia HU requirements, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified Nd and manufactured according to the DIN 32615 standard.

Having said that, when Whip-It is not available, I would always go for ISI. They are great too, altho after Whip-Its, they too seem inferior. ISI is alot less likely to give me those nasty headaches, the dirty feeling and the sore throat the next day that all other brands seem to give me. I stay well away from Best Whip these days, those things make me feel very unwell after a few boxes!

I have only and always use the ISI 8g cartridges, only ones available to me.

How or where would one go in order to have a whipped cream dispenser (nang machine) repaired and maybe fully cleaned?

Wouldn't it be cheaper to go to a suitable outlet and get a size D or C gas bottle of N2O for your nanging ppleasure rather than buying whipped cream ones from the supermarket or where ever?

Wouldn't it be cheaper to go to a suitable outlet and get a size D or C gas bottle of N2O for your nanging ppleasure rather than buying whipped cream ones from the supermarket or where ever?

It is only possible for medical professionals to get tanks of medical grade nitrous oxide from gas suppliers. Analytical grade is also available to certain people.

I'm not sure of the controls on industrial grade N2O, but you do not want to be breathing that in due to the impurities.

Every now and then, bottles of medical grade N2O will find their way onto the black market, but it's not as simple as just going to a gas supplier and asking for a bottle.

For this reason, people will continue to buy large amounts of cream chargers to get their nang fix.

i have already looked into this. n20 is now a controled gas. so u need license/rgistration etc. before BOC will fill up ur size D E what ever size tank.

you can scrub the car grade nitrous oxide very easily. You'd be able to google the process. you bubble the gas through 3 chambers, first sodium hyroxide, 2nd ferrous sulphate, 3rd is optional for drying the gas, something like calcium chloride flakes.

When I saw a person that was unknown to me try this he was using aerating blocks used in fish tanks in the 2 bottles of liquid. Don't recall how well that stood up to the caustic soda solution.

forgot to say: you're scrubing the denaturant called sulphur dioxide.

I saw this once, it was a messy campsite =D

^Sounds all too much like one of my doof camps baysie %)

The trick is to get the bottle on the dance floor so people actually leave the camp site ;)

I had my first N20 experience just recently in Melbourne... Thanks L3niad %)

So I've just recently made my own cracker and a few weeks ago myself and four n2o virgins when through two packs (20 canisters) of the 8g "BestWhip" cartridges, they're chrome and packaging is white/red with a picture of a dollop of cream.

This was in the space of about 2 hours and no visible or touchable resin/oil/contaminant was left in my cracker (made of brass plumbing fittings) But i just read the Erowid "Nitrous Contaminate Warnings" page as linked from the Big & Dandy Nitrous Thread and they show a picture of black residue on a finger run through the whipped cream maker after only 12 iSi canisters.

So far so good with the BestWhip Brand... Well see how it goes in terms of residue after this weekend...

EDIT: None of the users complained of headaches either, but I'm uncertain 4-5 each constitutes as enough to cause headaches...

Last edited:
Headaches usually occur after several boxes per person and I rarely see much residue in my bulby before it's had several boxes put through it.

All brands have residue, some are worse than others.

Now that you have tried nangs, chances are, you will down a sleeve or more in a night some time in future ;)

Use the best brands and always filter

you can scrub the car grade nitrous oxide very easily. You'd be able to google the process. you bubble the gas through 3 chambers, first sodium hyroxide, 2nd ferrous sulphate, 3rd is optional for drying the gas, something like calcium chloride flakes.

When I saw a person that was unknown to me try this he was using aerating blocks used in fish tanks in the 2 bottles of liquid. Don't recall how well that stood up to the caustic soda solution.

forgot to say: you're scrubing the denaturant called sulphur dioxide.

This sounds like a big and complicated effort. And dangerous given the consequences of fucking it up while sober or out of it on nangs. I think it's better just to do bulbs.

Headaches usually occur after several boxes per person and I rarely see much residue in my bulby before it's had several boxes put through it.

All brands have residue, some are worse than others.

Now that you have tried nangs, chances are, you will down a sleeve or more in a night some time in future ;)

Use the best brands and always filter

Ahh appears as though I'm more of newbie than I thought hehe... I'll learn in good time about residue and headaches I'm sure :) Thanks Psilo!

Surely someone else has noticed the vapor that is exhaled after inhaling a n2o filled balloon? I first noticed this on a friend, then when concentrated hard I could see myself exhale it. Is this bad for your heath and related to the residue, or just because of it being a gas and cold?

Last edited:
i might be a bit off topic im not sure but with nitrous i dont think there are any safer or better bulbs out there for you, although im not sure of the dangers of oxide huffing i could see it being really bad for your head. Used to do nitrous quite a bit a few years ago but i decided that 10 second buzz isnt worth it i guess itd be fun if you have a lot of it but na theres already enough drugs out there that are doing me damage, so im curious why do u use it,
cheers