View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Snorting DMT

WhiteLinesNcoffee

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, i am new to N-N-DMT only smoked it three times now and it is by far my favorite psych. i recently noticed on erowid that dmt can be snorted . Anyone ever tried this? how does it compare to smoking

Yes, it can be snorted(though salts work better((i'm assuming you have freebase))for snorting). Its like a slowed down, longer lasting version of smoked.

I thought you could only snort 5meo-dmt. Doesn't n,ndmt need an MAOI to work orally?

you can snort the freebase, you just need more of it. the high lasts a little longer and it will burn.

I thought you could only snort 5meo-dmt. Doesn't n,ndmt need an MAOI to work orally?

Yes, silly, but snorting is not oral...snorting it gets absorbed via the nasal mucus membranes... well as long as you do not snort so hard that is wraps around and ends up in your throat!

I've heard it burns extremely bad and you need to use a large dose...

I can't imagine the trip to hyperspace being pleasant when you want to tear you nose off your face.

Yes, silly, but snorting is not oral...snorting it gets absorbed via the nasal mucus membranes... well as long as you do not snort so hard that is wraps around and ends up in your throat!

I realize that, but in most cases when you snort things some of it ends up dripping down into your stomach.

I've snorted DMT freebase three times. The two times on 70mg I only got some boring 2D CEVs, but the one time on 80mg I got highly intricate 3D self-transforming CEVs, along with a sense of an alien presence (which seemed friendly, but was also very surprised to meet me for some reason). I always planned on doing it again sometime at higher doses (maybe around 100mg or so), but I never got around to it. Overcoming the Fear is a big problem for me...

It only burned a little bit at first, and also made my sinuses numb during the trip itself, so it was pretty tolerable. About a half hour later though, when I was coming back down, *then* it burned like a motherfuck. *wince* If I ever do it again, I will convert it to a salt first to see if that helps with the burn.

The salt form is MUCH better for snorting, there is nearly no burn for me. I have found that for the fumarate salt, 75mg or so is when things start to get interesting, with a breakthrough dose being only slightly higher, maybe around 85mg or 90mg.

That said, I do seem to be particularly sensitive to DMT so dosage may vary. Dosage for the freebase is pretty much the same, but as mentioned above, it burns quite intensely, but in my experiences the burn isn't noticeable if you breakthrough, as its hard to be aware of a burning sensation in your nose if you cannot conceive of your self let alone your body.

I did read one report on erowid (can't find it at the moment), a guy reported having a breakthrough at around 100mg.

I know this thread is about n,n-DMT, but for comparison, what's a typical snorted dose for 5-meo-dmt, and how long does it last?

there is no comparison between dmt and 5-meo-dmt, completely different effects profile, completely different feelings.

I cant imagine the mindfuck of 5-meo-dmt being enjoyable at all, let alone with a burning nose! lol

I did read one report on erowid (can't find it at the moment), a guy reported having a breakthrough at around 100mg.

You mean this one? lol the title was supposed to be "I could go no further" but I screwed it up in the submission process...

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=80249

On a side note, since then I tried upping the dose to 125mg, and it was much more intense, to the point that I cannot remember the first initial "breakthrough" period very clearly, I think any higher than ~120mg and I lean towards a "whiteout" experience wherein the intensity is so great that I cannot even remember most of it, just a perplexing sense that something violent and beautiful occurred but I'm not sure what it was.

Erowid lists dosages for 5-MeO-DMT as being between 5-25mg, with 25mg being the upper end of intensity. 5-MeO-DMT is quite often compared to DMT, I think with pretty good reason, the predominant differences being in intensity and visuals, but maybe thats just my experience...

about 75mg is very good for me

im sensitive to psychedelics though friends usually take 30-50% more than me for similar intensities....

You mean this one? lol the title was supposed to be "I could go no further" but I screwed it up in the submission process...

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=80249

On a side note, since then I tried upping the dose to 125mg, and it was much more intense, to the point that I cannot remember the first initial "breakthrough" period very clearly, I think any higher than ~120mg and I lean towards a "whiteout" experience wherein the intensity is so great that I cannot even remember most of it, just a perplexing sense that something violent and beautiful occurred but I'm not sure what it was.

Erowid lists dosages for 5-MeO-DMT as being between 5-25mg, with 25mg being the upper end of intensity. 5-MeO-DMT is quite often compared to DMT, I think with pretty good reason, the predominant differences being in intensity and visuals, but maybe thats just my experience...

Yeh yeh yeh! Good trip report, it actually sparked an interest in snorting DMT ;)

take a test dose imo to determine if the burn is worth it. Also hanging your head off something laying on your stomach (nose to ground) helps inhibit the drip which is disgusting and will lower the intensity of the trip (wasting the dose).,

much better when IMed but you need to have wheel filters and also crystal pure DMT (by rextalizing it).

thank u guys for all the responses!> i am not concerned about how bad it will burn. i am used to snorting tar anyway haha.