• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Saint Johns Wart and Suboxone / Subutex / Temgesic

DkBlaze1

Bluelighter
Hey everyone I am wondering if people have any knowledge about these too drugs and there interaction. some web site has a fallowing it seems that, says they live and die by the belief that The saint Johns wart potentiates the shit outa Bupe to the point they dont take it any more without it.

Odd things I read in this forum was they were taking high dose suboxone I E 4-8 mg and still getting a great responce from this combo. which doesnt make sence to me cuz most the people who this forum that get a good effect w/o use of benzos are using low does bupe I E 4 mg or less but more so 2 mg or less per day...

some of the folks say it is something that works better and better the more days u do this combo which if true would be great. theres just so litttle info on the topic im makeing this thread to hopfully get more on it in one place

I guess the reason why its ment to work is it inhibits the same liver enzyme cimitidine does(CYP3A4)t also induces a liver enzyme CYP3A4 (this is the enzyme that is ment to make bupe into NOR bupe.

my understanding is that would b keeping more Bupe around in ur body but also create a higher turn over of that bupe into nor bupe which is ment to b a full agonist so this theroy sounds valid to me but i didnt really get that effect who knows tho the people in the forum that spoke on it sure sound like they did

any who I donno if this is considered sorcing but ill put it in and if it is please just let me know and i will take this paragraph out . but the website that speaks on all this is. http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=14532

Please anyone with More knowledge on this topic feel free and explain to me what they know and what they experinced while trying this combo.

and if you dont know anything but think its a cool Idea give it a try and get back to me on how it went

I tried taking st. johns wort along with my daily suboxone doses for a while but simply didnt notice any effects/difference/etc....

I don't know if this means that most people who try this would have the same result but all I know is that it didnt do anythign for me and I still have a bottle with some unused st. johns wort pills inside sitting in front of me right now.

I currently have moved on to valerian root extract which I take in high doses and I notice a somewhat sedating effect, and also....the most pronounced effect is the vivid, intence, realistic, dreams that I get when taking valerian. Yet it still doesnt seem to "potentiate" my suboxone.

Allthough I really feel no need to potentiate my suboxone because I allready get very good euphorical highs off of my very small daily doses to the point where Im competely satisfied. I don't need to get any more higih off my suboxone and I dont(cant) get anymore bioavailability because I IV my subs in the first place.....nothin beats 100%

I've tried this on three or so occasions. The first time there was definitely noticeable difference in the feeling of my Suboxone dose. It wasn't anything great like a full agonist would be but I sure did feel a lot 'happier' on my dose. The second time I tried it (a few days later) the effects were still there but noticeably diminished. The next day I did it again and noticed no effect.

I would like to stress that the effects from the first day I tried it were nothing great. They didn't turn bupe into a full agonist, they just made my dose feel a bit better.

I wonder how this combo would work for someone who doesn't take Suboxone for maintenance, but isn't opiate naive. I wonder if a person would be more apt to get a more "full-agonist" feel from the Suboxone.

xanax: best way to potentate bupe

if you can find some xanax i think it works the best to potentiate bupe in my experience especially such a weak one like temgesic.

dont take too much xanax!!! you can die! mixing downers depresses breathing/heart rate its a serious thing it kills people all th time.

i find that i only need less than a half of .25 taken with bupe to do the trick. a small enough amount that in regular times would hardly mess you up at all. be very careful mixing downers with opiates, it will dull the effects in too high of doses or can kill. like i said, the xanax 'completes' it perfectly. but just a little bit!

Hey everyone I am wondering if people have any knowledge about these too drugs and there interaction. some web site has a fallowing it seems that, says they live and die by the belief that The saint Johns wart potentiates the shit outa Bupe to the point they dont take it any more without it.

Odd things I read in this forum was they were taking high dose suboxone I E 4-8 mg and still getting a great responce from this combo. which doesnt make sence to me cuz most the people who this forum that get a good effect w/o use of benzos are using low does bupe I E 4 mg or less but more so 2 mg or less per day...

some of the folks say it is something that works better and better the more days u do this combo which if true would be great. theres just so litttle info on the topic im makeing this thread to hopfully get more on it in one place

I guess the reason why its ment to work is it inhibits the same liver enzyme cimitidine does(CYP3A4)t also induces a liver enzyme CYP3A4 (this is the enzyme that is ment to make bupe into NOR bupe.

my understanding is that would b keeping more Bupe around in ur body but also create a higher turn over of that bupe into nor bupe which is ment to b a full agonist so this theroy sounds valid to me but i didnt really get that effect who knows tho the people in the forum that spoke on it sure sound like they did

any who I donno if this is considered sorcing but ill put it in and if it is please just let me know and i will take this paragraph out . but the website that speaks on all this is. http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=14532

Please anyone with More knowledge on this topic feel free and explain to me what they know and what they experinced while trying this combo.

and if you dont know anything but think its a cool Idea give it a try and get back to me on how it went

I'm pretty sure it's because St Johns wort affects cyp3a4, which is what metabolises bupreorphine.

Although, I could be wrong, but isn't St. Johns Wort also an maoi. It would be safer, imo, to just use cimitidine instead.