• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Walking Dead

ExOblivion

Bluelighter
Finally, we are getting a zombie apocolypse TV drama!

I've been a fan of The Walking Dead comics for a while now and I'm very excited about the TV show.

If you don't know, The Walking Dead is set in a apocalyptic world over-run with the living dead. It follows a group of survivors as they make their way through this new world. As it goes on it becomes less about zombies and more about human nature and our self destructive tendencies.

The guy behind the show is the man that directed Shawshank Redemption and The Mist.

So, is anyone else excited?

Looking forward to it, and I LOVE the music choice in the trailer I saw.

OMG! I didn't start a thread on this show because BL is pretty notorious for not being as comic book friendly to the media as I am.

but holy shit! have I ever been as excited for a new show? definitely not!

for those not in the know, the Walking Dead is a seminal, epic monthly comment about the zombie takeover and ensuing apocalypse. the worst part about zombie movies usually are their endings (think about the lame tricked out ending to the new Dawn of the Dead). it seems that they are all forced; TWD is great in that it probably will never end.

the comics are not so much about zombie gore and madness, but about the struggles the surviving people go through.

I just rewatched the Mist, and it seems that Frank Darabont used the monsters as a secondary problem to the characters and the horrifying things they do to one another in stressful situations.

basically, this looks to be a real winner. their were rumors that an expanded second season was going to released before the first season started. unusual, and proven to be false. but most def a great expectation for the first season.

the zombies looks great BTW! I almost wanted the show to be in black and white just like the comic, but realized this might turn off some casual on-the-fence fans.

Frank Darabont has said there will be a black and white option on the DVD

Ever heard of Dead Set?

Dead Set isn't available in the US, but I believe it will actually be premiering the same month (October) as the Walking Dead. two zombie dramas starting in the same month! weeee

Does a mini series not count as a TV drama? They do television differently over in the UK. They want to make something really good and then leave it alone, here they want to get to 100 episodes and get mad bank from syndication.

just torrented Dead Set. holy shit, very well done. I like how they make fun of British media and the vain through the ridiculousness of Big Brother

Didn't care for Dead Set at all.

Still excited for the new series.

That trailer looked fucking awesome. Why do I feel Like if AMC was a woman I would marry her?

Seriously, fuck premium cable, AMC for the win.

I usually do not like shows/movies about zombies (Zombieland excepted) but this show looks fucking awesome. Looking forward to it. AMC is 3 for 3 so far with shows. Mad Men (really good show), Breaking Bad (my favorite show of all time) and Rubicon, which is pretty good (I like it more than Mad Men so far) as well.

this should be great 3, 4. the zombies really are only the cause of the drama that's set up between the humans. Robert Kirkman has said that the Walking Dead doesn't even really signify the zombies, but the people themselves.

Frank! I saw that trailer as well. we are in an age where "fan created" doesn't mean a god damn detrimental thing

here are some excellent trailers and featurettes showcasing just how awesome TWD is going to be!

Shane is one of the main characters in the comic and the show and he is the best friend of the lead character, Rick Grimes. both are policemen. actor Jon Bernthal (who plays Shane) explains his thoughts on Shane's character and you get to see a bunch of snippets of the survivor camp outside Atlanta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAHPy0vQmdw

here is a sweet new 30 second trailer that has some snippets of other characters besides Rick, the main character. check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bksblNndixc

TWD-Key-Art-357.jpg

official poster for the show...

tumblr_l93pxvVVDp1qcuuon.jpg

and a sweet pic of Rick Grimes in action!

I personally can't wait! Halloween can't come any sooner...

here are some excellent trailers and featurettes showcasing just how awesome TWD is going to be!

Shane is one of the main characters in the comic and the show and he is the best friend of the lead character, Rick Grimes. both are policemen. actor Jon Bernthal (who plays Shane) explains his thoughts on Shane's character and you get to see a bunch of snippets of the survivor camp outside Atlanta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAHPy0vQmdw

here is a sweet new 30 second trailer that has some snippets of other characters besides Rick, the main character. check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bksblNndixc

TWD-Key-Art-357.jpg

official poster for the show...

tumblr_l93pxvVVDp1qcuuon.jpg

and a sweet pic of Rick Grimes in action!

I personally can't wait! Halloween can't come any sooner...

Fucking awesome. This show better not disappoint, although by the trailers it looks almost like a sure thing. How the fuck did AMC become a quality television network? My grandparents used to watch that shit.

yeah... looks awesome; I'm almost 100 percent sure that they're going to take this show into another (longer) season... and it hasn't even aired yet!

have you read the comic books 3, 4? they are some of the best pieces of literature I have ever read. I strongly recommend picking them up... I've turned on a handful of IRL friends and BL friends on to the Walking Dead very easily

Hell yeah, love me some zombies. Coming from a comic book means it'll be that much better. When shows or movies are based on a comic book you know that so much more time and thought has been put into it compared to typical made for tv shite.

yeah... looks awesome; I'm almost 100 percent sure that they're going to take this show into another (longer) season... and it hasn't even aired yet!

have you read the comic books 3, 4? they are some of the best pieces of literature I have ever read. I strongly recommend picking them up... I've turned on a handful of IRL friends and BL friends on to the Walking Dead very easily

I haven't read any comic books since I was a kid, but I am an avid reader. I'm open to the idea, just not sure if I should read the comics before or after I watch the series. I like the suspense.

I still have about 25 books in my reading pile to go, some of them really long. I'm not even in a position to buy another book right now.

Off topic, but speaking of reading I need my goddamn Adderall script back. Anna Karenina is a book that requires it for me. I've been venting about my doctor bullshit for about a month.