Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Walking Dead

I don't have a hard time suspending disbelief about a zombie outbreak, but the ongoing guns and ammo shortage always rubs me the wrong way. It makes some episodes unwatchable. In a recent one, they made a big deal about Dr. Eugene making one single bullet, and it was extremely hard for him to figure out. The bad guys, not even the ex military or ex law enforcement, can't figure it out at all. The main character is ex police, and all police have been exposed to this craft. They either know how to do this or know where to quickly find out.

One can only assume the story is set in an alternate reality America where guns have been banned for decades. The writers need to address this problem with the story;

It's like the writer is from Japan or somethign where guns are prohibited and gun culture is unknown. One third of Americans owns at least one gun and plenty of ammo. When the ammo runs out, its easy to make more. Even a child can do it. In fact, when I was a child (highschool), I had a copy of the Black Book of Improvised Munitions, and making my own ammo was a hobby.

"The bullet casting process can be easy, enjoyable, and in many ways, relaxing. It's also liberating. Have you ever had your eye on an unusual gun, but were put off by the oddball caliber and lack or expense of commercial ammo? No problem! When you realize you can easily and inexpensively make bullets for anything that shoots lead, you'll be buying that old warhorse in a heartbeat.
For those who might like to try bullet casting but don't know where to start, this is a basic primer. Like any hobby, bullet casting can be taken to a serious degree of knowledge and practice. I'm not there yet, and don't know that I ever will be. This is just about getting over the hump to casting your very first bullets. It's fun."

What you need: a fire, sauce pan, bullet mould (gun store), and some other basic supplies
Sources of lead: wheel weights, fishing supplies, plumbing supplies
sources of brass: gun store, reuse your old brass
primers: gun store, primers can also be improvised.
gun powder: gun store, make your own

The story is set in Georgia, and Georgia has a gun store on every street corner. Eventually, gun powder will run out. People have been making their own for centuries, and a field trip to a regional chemical supply house will supply Rick and his crew with enough raw materials to supply an army.

Archery is a comparable situation. It takes less than 6 months to become proficient with a longbow, much less for a compound bow. Arrows are easy enough to make too. it requires more skill but less equipment.

Last edited:
JDM as Negan has been pretty fucking fantastic so far. I remember reading these comics online years ago back in Gaza. I was so excited when the show came out.

^^Seconded.

I hate how he makes him actually start to form the beginning of an inkling of a positive image of the dude and then *boom!* "Here, meet Lucille," outta fuckin' nowhere, man.

The writers did a good job with giving his personality a really fucked up duality.

I was disappointed with the finale. Not that it wasn't a good episode-- it was awesome. I just wished this god damn show would stop with the (semi)cliffhangers for their finales. (NSFW for minor possible spoiler)
NSFW:
I wanted the Negan issue to be resolved by the end of this season, only to learn that the real conflict's only just beginning.
With the way it ended, though, I'm fucking stoked for the next season and my only real disappointment when I think about it is that I'm not getting a new episode every week for a while.

I lost interest somewhere around season 4 or 5, when the Governor lost his eye and was like wandering around for an episode or two, and didn't get back into The Walking Dead until this last season premiered. Binge-watched all of it until I was caught up.... and, man, for all the hate I hear some people shower onto this show, once it sucks you in it really sucks you right the fuck in. There's only a few really terrible episodes, in my opinion, and unfortunately those episodes alone can make a person be like "Dude.... Fuck. This." real quick.

JDM has a huge beard right now..so I'm assuming they will film his prison scenes first, (which we won't see till the end of season eight)

Can't wait!

JDM has a huge beard right now..so I'm assuming they will film his prison scenes first, (which we won't see till the end of season eight)

Can't wait!

How far ahead are the comics compared to the show? I know the earlier parts have a few huge differences between the two, and I can only imagine they branch away even further the deeper you dig into the story.

I thought they were caught up by now, so I didn't even bother to finish reading the vol.1 set I have. Maybe I should get through all the graphic novels while I wait for the next season...

How far ahead are the comics compared to the show? I know the earlier parts have a few huge differences between the two, and I can only imagine they branch away even further the deeper you dig into the story.

I thought they were caught up by now, so I didn't even bother to finish reading the vol.1 set I have. Maybe I should get through all the graphic novels while I wait for the next season...
About two years. In the comics, Rick and company are already at war with new villains called the whisperers. They're humans who wear walker skin...

Dwight becomes an ally and leads the Saviors after helping take down negan.

Dope, dude, that's encouragement enough for me to power through to that point. Those massive collection volumes are expensive but fun to read, so thanks for that, man. My biggest issue was just that I had so many pages to get through to catch up, and was just like fuck it...

....but I'm kind of Walking Dead-addicted atm so I think this'll do. Like, the way it ended felt like a mid-season finale, but I guess they have a ton of content to draw on for new seasons so yeah. Win, win in the long run.

^ for me, it's never really been about zombies. it's mostly about human relationships...

i was a little underwhelmed by the season finale - i wish they would just get on with the negan denoument. i think next season should be the last season...

alasdair

The Walking Dead , I like this series very much. I think it isn't just a regular Zombie based story. In fact, it's about a relationship between people. It rises the question of "How did human society get started?".

Not such a fan of Fear the Walking Dead.....

Not as good as The Walking Dead

Proof that not even an All-Star cast can make up for shitty writing. Kim Dickens and Cliff Curtis deserve better than that shit.

IMO, The Walking Dead has been pretty bad lately as well. I'm probably not going to watch the upcoming season.

Proof that not even an All-Star cast can make up for shitty writing. Kim Dickens and Cliff Curtis deserve better than that shit.

IMO, The Walking Dead has been pretty bad lately as well. I'm probably not going to watch the upcoming season.

I hear you and agree

The guns and ammo plot hole has long bothered me.

I was also wondering if TWD zombies poop or pee. How come we don't see zombies carrying a load in their pants? Or conversely with distended bellies ?

I don't see it so much as a zombie opera about relationships but more an escapist fantasy show where the survivors are dumb and we would do so much better in their shoes.

The oddest thing in the series is the lack of trenches. Humans have always dug trenches for defence, and they'd be very effective at stopping zombies. Probably too effective, hence no storylines involving trenches, just fences that break etc.

The walking dead has dropped in quality and the more seasons that they make of it the worse it will get. Any tv show should limit itself to 5. Game of Thrones, Mad Men and Sons of Anarchy k were the anomalies but I find its telling with this one. Really enjoyed seasons 1-3.

Lot's of common things are missing from the show like your trenches - islands, boats, towers, castles, any kind of fortified buildings, the Second Amendment, ammo loading kits, freezing winters, and maggots.