Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Walking Dead

kewl :) I am so happy as to how well this show has been, and equally as content to all the praise and the number of viewers who have been turning in. I really feel like this story is my baby, because I have watched it grow from the beginning. talking to youse guys about TWD will amuse me to the end of the world (so to speak). hopefully none of you are sick of me in this thread yet, I must have more than half of its posts :\

I'm not sick of you, but your avatar gives me motion sickness. So I'm kind of sick of you? j/k

I love this show - I was ok with the pace of the 1st episode, but I'm the 2nd episode got me amped up. I love post-apocalyptic movies/shows (e.g. zombie movies or The Colony) because it allows me to imagine myself in those scenarios, and there is always a point where I would do something way different.

Like - spreading zombie-mix on your coat, because it will cover your smell? What the fuck?? I'm thinking what if the zombies smell the adrenaline people are putting off? Zombies don't have blood flowing with adrenaline, maybe that's how they smell the difference? Why wouldn't you test it before just boldly walking out in zombie goo suits? Big risk...

And how many times are you going to yell and slam the fucking doors when you know that is drawing more of the horde.

I love this show...

Stare at my avatar instead, JJ. Nothing wrong with multiple posts in this thread. I know I'll keep posting in here throughout this season. I only wish it wasn't so short. Waiting another year after six episodes is like having to wait a week for sex after being given a great blowjob that stopped before the big finish. It makes me sad in my pants. :(

By the way, axl. You have 23 posts in here. The next highest number is 10. So you win.

THIS SHOW IS AWESOME. Zombie are my favourite.
This is the only comic book I have read as an adult.
I am tense through out the show.

you read the comic? oh swooon. I got my girlfriend into reading it as well. where are you currently at in the series? it's some series reading, ain't it?

Don't get too excited ;) I got up to issue #8 then we moved to VA and my husband could not borrow them from a client.

buy the Omnibus or the Compendium. they are worth it. I only have separate single issues, not the collections that are usually in hard back or paper back, or else I would mail them to you. to a comic geek, my single issues are just too precious to risk being fondled by the grubby hands of the US postal service ;)

i had a gut feeling the asian kid was going to get eaten. i was proven wrong.

:)

no way! Glenn (the Asian kid) turns out to be very bad-ass, in a kind of different way. I think he will be in it for the long haul, as he is a staple character in the comics. although, they didn't make him as bad-ass in the show as in the comics

in the comics, Glenn is the group's runner. meaning he runs into ATL every week or so and loots stores for food, meds, and other necessary items the group needs. in the show, for some reason they brought a huge group (although I think Glenn mentions that this was the first time it wasn't just him running to ATL). Glenn also knows how to steal cars in the comics, so I was kinda aggravated that Rick was the one to hot-wire that car instead of Glenn

this show is everything awesome. very very well made, as with any AMC original series. some edge of my seat moments for me:

-first episode when the black dude's wife came up to the door and was turning the door knob for what seemed like an eternity. imagine being that kid and just having to hear that throughout the night. id go insane.

-second episode as rick and glen are making their way to the construction site. everything from when the sky turns grey, the thunder rolls in, and the first drops of rain. the entire scene was super intense.

cant wait for the next episode. two thumbs up from me.

did anyone else think of the kid from indiana jones when the asian kid first showed up?

nope, but data from the goonies for sure.

i do like the storyline between rick's partner and rick's wife. now i hadnt read the comic so i started to wonder how long had it been going on before everything went to shit. the way he asked about her at the beginning of the first episode was a bit suspect. regardless, they did a great job of making me want to punch rick's partner. although that sex scene was fuckin hot. %)

^I got the impression that Rick's partner and his wife had been having an affair for some time (before Rick got shot and put into a coma). The dialogue between the two of them in the first episode about Rick's relationship with his wife pretty much gives it away...the way his partner asked those questions about her and the way he reacted to Rick's feelings about it was suspect.

That's Rick's wife and kid??? I didn't pick up on that. Time to re-watch the first 2 episodes for the 5th time...

yeah it is, some delicious drama should be unfolding in a couple episodes

I don't know if they conveyed the affair, and Rick's kid Carl being in the middle very well. I had to explain that love triangle to a couple of my friends that have been watching this show with me every week

Over at AICN, the biggest debate over this show is whether or not Shane was pounding Rick's wife in the ass last week. It's nice to come back here and read some intelligent replies. I don't know why I even go to AICN anymore.

AICN is great for reporting the rumors and scoops first, other than that, it's the usual immature fan-boy banter