Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Walking Dead

should be a good episode on tonight. I can't wait for the character to meet another survivor, who was listed as "hillbilly asshole" or something

It was a great episode. The racist redneck was annoying, but at least they picked a good actor. Michael Rooker takes asshole to another level. I like the asian kid, too. The wife, on the other hand, needs to be eaten along with Rick's co-worker. I still can't believe they just left him at the hospital like that. They're just fucking away without a care in the world. That's cold.

did anyone else think of the kid from indiana jones when the asian kid first showed up?

love this show!

The racist redneck was annoying, but at least they picked a good actor. Michael Rooker takes asshole to another level.

the whole time I was thinking... stink palm on Mr. Svenning!

Mr_Svenning_Mallrats_Michael_Rooker.jpg

The second episode was ok. I was expecting he was going to mow down those zombies with the tank. I mean come on, who in their right minds wouldn't try to start up the tank?

The Asian kid interests me. The redneck was an asshole, but I don't think anyone deserves to be left like that and face starving to death or being eaten. Anywho, I think I will watch the show for another 2 episodes max, if they don't pick up the pace and add more curve balls, I'm tuning off.

I would have left the redneck guy there for sure, fuck that guy. A guy like that has the potential to ruin everyone's circumstances, he's better left alone. I might have tossed him the hacksaw just out of reach but I sure as hell wouldn't have unlocked him.

Last edited:
The second episode was ok. I was expecting he was going to mow down those zombies with the tank. I mean come on, who in their right minds wouldn't try to start up the tank?

The Asian kid interests me. The redneck was an asshole, but I don't think anyone deserves to be left like that and face starving to death or being eaten. Anywho, I think I will watch the show for another 2 episodes max, if they don't pick up the pace and add more curve balls, I'm tuning off.

Sorry. But it could keep this pace for three seasons and I would continue to watch it. Already, it has proven itself to be better than 95% better than all other shows on television. It's the little things that make this show.

The scene in the darkened stairwell in the first episode: If this had been a horror movie, there would have been a zombie either in front of or behind Rick about the third time he struck a match to see. It would have been so obvious and a cheap jump scare. Instead, they just played it out on suspense alone. Just as effective without the in-your-face jump scare bullshit.

The scene where Rick is about to bust open a zombie in episode 2: I love the fact that he goes into detail about the person before he does what he does. Telling the group to not forget that the dead walker was once a regular man with a family, right down to how much money he had in his wallet.

The emotions: From Rick losing it, having no idea what is going on or where his wife and son are. To Morgan devastated over the fact that his wife is now one of the walkers. It was heart-breaking, watching him try to shoot his wife. Which brings me to the third reason I love this show.

The acting: Everyone here is on point. I've never read the comics, but they picked a great cast. Andrew Lincoln, (Rick) Lennie James, (Morgan) Steven Yeun, (Glenn) Michael Rooker, (Merle aka racist fuckhead). These people make me want to watch the show. Hopefully, Lennie James will be back. I only see him listed in one episode this season. This show would be even more better if he was a regular cast member. He's great in everything I've seen him in.

I don't doubt that they will pick up the pace towards the end. I'm just grateful that they're actually taking the time to establish the characters and flesh then out. After all, why would we even care whether they live or die if we don't even know who they are in the first place?

i did not like this episode as much as the first, but i'm still on board. the dialogue was not the best.

and i would have shot the redneck. leaving him there would have been cruel, but letting him go would have been a guaranteed problem.

The Walking Dead gets renewed for a second season

The renewal that was already inevitable after last week's premiere is now official: AMC has ordered a second season for the zombie drama "The Walking Dead."

AMC made the formal renewal the day after "The Walking Dead" aired its second episode, drawing a whopping 4.7 million viewers, including 3.3 million in the key 18-49 demographic. That showed only minor audience decomposition from last week's Halloween premiere, which pulled in 5.3 million viewers, including 3.6 million in the coveted demo.

Based on the popular Image Comics series created by Robert Kirkman, "The Walking Dead" is already a third of the way through its shortened six-episode first season. Viewers will get more gory fun next season, when "The Walking Dead" will be back for 13 episodes.

This is awesome news!

Pander loves that it makes Atlanta look awesome

i'll i will say, the city where we live looks pretty fucking grim in that show

The scene where Rick is about to bust open a zombie in episode 2: I love the fact that he goes into detail about the person before he does what he does. Telling the group to not forget that the dead walker was once a regular man with a family, right down to how much money he had in his wallet.
That's exactly what I disliked in that episode. Such a cheap trick seen in almost every (American) movie.

That's exactly what I disliked in that episode. Such a cheap trick seen in almost every (American) movie.

huh? I'm thinking the opposite, it would have been a cheap trick if Rick said something like "he's a dead guy. who the fuck need him?"

Pander loves that it makes Atlanta look awesome

i'll i will say, the city where we live looks pretty fucking grim in that show

I asked Pander, but I think he was busy - did you see any of the shooting going on in downtown Atlanta? I know the ATL is a very large metro area, but I did seriously consider going down and trying out to be a zombie on this show

and just how realistic would that have been? I know the protagonist, Rick, is a police officer - but how many people do you know, know how to drive a tank? I can certainly tell you it is much difficult than it looks, and I in no way assumed at all that Rick would be driving the tank. actually, in the comics there is another bad group of survivors and they learn how to commandeer a tank - with a hilarious result

in an end-of-the-world situation, why would you not leave someone like that behind? it's not like they didn't try to let him go, as even the man who took the brunt edge of the Racist's wraith, T-Dog, was about to let him go

the Racist stood up moments early, essentially saying that if anybody stood against his leadership that he would shoot them. this is not something you want to deal with when zombies are running around ending the world and all

I think that the Racist's brother is still in the camp, and was infuriated in the next episode previews that they left his brother? so I don't think we have, interestingly, seen the last of the Redneck Racist Michael Rooker (who plays the perfect asshole, yes)

Frank - yeah, they basically green-lit the second season before the first season even came out. wow, talk about unprecedented

and just how realistic would that have been? I know the protagonist, Rick, is a police officer - but how many people do you know, know how to drive a tank? I can certainly tell you it is much difficult than it looks, and I in no way assumed at all that Rick would be driving the tank. actually, in the comics there is another bad group of survivors and they learn how to commandeer a tank - with a hilarious result
i was with an ex-marine when watching, and he said starting and operating that tank could have been done by a chimp. about as complicated as a car. the tank was probably out-of-order, otherwise it would not have been left there and the soldiers inside would not have died. if you have an operational tank, and some zombies kill you, well then you must suck.

I asked Pander, but I think he was busy - did you see any of the shooting going on in downtown Atlanta? I know the ATL is a very large metro area, but I did seriously consider going down and trying out to be a zombie on this show

you know, i asked him when this filming was going on, because some of it is LITERALLY in our neighborhood (the park where Rick walks through with the zombie torso lady is literally 3 blocks over there ----> same with the house that magical negro & son live in) but he says he doesn't recall ever running into film crews! it also seems like the filming took place around our birthdays this year, so i wasn't down here yet, but seriously, we're gonna be on the prowl from now on. %)

"and just how realistic would that have been? I know the protagonist, Rick, is a police officer - but how many people do you know, know how to drive a tank? "

-I didn't expect him to drive it well or anything... just that he would TRY it. Anybody in such a situation would. I know I would !

"in an end-of-the-world situation, why would you not leave someone like that behind? it's not like they didn't try to let him go, as even the man who took the brunt edge of the Racist's wraith, T-Dog, was about to let him go"

- Just saying, he should have given him the saw and then left.

Last edited:
haha, this is either going to become a thread discussing zombie-fighting tactics and ethics in The Walking Dead, or someone should make another thread specifically for these debates.

i was with an ex-marine when watching, and he said starting and operating that tank could have been done by a chimp. about as complicated as a car. the tank was probably out-of-order, otherwise it would not have been left there and the soldiers inside would not have died. if you have an operational tank, and some zombies kill you, well then you must suck.

:: shrugs :: maybe I'm wrong, then. at least what I said about the tank in the future comics is true. like I said, the drivers had some extreme trouble operating it and it caused many lolz. I think you are correct in that the tank was more than likely not operational

haha, this is either going to become a thread discussing zombie-fighting tactics and ethics in The Walking Dead, or someone should make another thread specifically for these debates.

I say that both are applicable to the movie. it's not like they are off-topic or anything?