Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Walking Dead

people discount some comics but the author, Robert Kirkman rivals most prose that I've ever read. it's some seriously heavy shit bro

people discount some comics but the author, Robert Kirkman rivals most prose that I've ever read. it's some seriously heavy shit bro

+1 i'd recommend them to a non-comic reader to show them what a valid art-form the medium is, he takes the romero style premise of using a zombie apocalypse to examine humanity and does it wonderfully. dark and engaging and honest and emotional to the max.

really looking forward to this!

+1 i'd recommend them to a non-comic reader to show them what a valid art-form the medium is, he takes the romero style premise of using a zombie apocalypse to examine humanity and does it wonderfully. dark and engaging and honest and emotional to the max.

really looking forward to this!

I believe it. I don't want my "I haven't read a comic book since I was a kid" comment to be taken as condescending. I should have put another one of my parenthesis in there to clarify, so as not to offend fans of the art-form.

So who else is spending Halloween night watching this show instead of, like, you know, having a life or partying or something like that?

I don't really go out much Sunday night, that's what Friday and Saturday is for

I am going to be a couple hours late on watching this, because I have to watch footbaw

thankfully, it looks like AMC is looping this non-stop tonight. they've been playing quality zombie movies all night too

through the first commercial break, so far so good. it's more horror than I thought, Darabont is doing a great job of being creepy

the shower is scene is hilarious! it had me smiling instantly. I wish I lived in a world where the simple act of taking a shower meant singing and dancing all around the place. we take too much for granted

It was a solid pilot ... I am big fan of both apocalyptic and zombie movies.

Now the problem I see with any zombie related movies/ tv show is that everything has been said and done. I am sure after a few episodes people will just start saying, 'I have seen this before', and this will end in epic failure for AMC, which carries the tag line, 'story matters here'...

I have a few ideas about twists and turns, but the writers have to get in touch with me;)

Last edited:
oh no my friend, don't you worry about the writing

the writer of the comics is heavily involved with the show. I know some people are sick of zombies and detest this show, but as referenced earlier this show is more about the people and the zombies are just a vehicle bringing situations that the people have to react to

the comics feature some of the most gory, heartfelt, brutal and intense writing that I have ever read

the next episode should be good, apparently it will show a hillbilly survivor who puts everyone in danger. this is a good sign as I can't wait for the human conflict to begin! that is what this series is all about

Last edited:
I am sure after a few episodes people will just start saying, 'I have seen this before'
Who needs a few episodes? I can already say I've seen it in 28 Days Later, mostly. But I don't mind, I like this kind of stories. The pilot seemed promising.

28 days later took it from day of the triffids, no ideas are 100% original. walking dead, the comic anyway is finer than just about any zombie movie you can think of, i'm very glad they went with a series rather than a movie, the first episode is very promising.

I liked the premeire. looking to see where it goes... but I loved getting that first glimpse of a true horde. that was the oh shit moment for me.

I'm reading the comics (I have the compendium one). Are there different designers/cartoonists?
Because the design changes from chapter to chapter.

well, Tony Moore was the first artist. I think he drew for the first six issues, what us comics enthusiasts call "arcs" (because it contains one story arc). I think Tony is one of the best artists in the industry, but I do not think he was right for this book. he is a little bit too clean in his approach, but to give him respect I have often compared his sketches to "crack." yes, I am a serious comic book nerd, with no help in sight

Charlie Adlard, a Brit, takes control of the series past the first six issues - and I love him! although perhaps not as artistically gifted as Moore, Adlard is gritty, dark, and horrific. I think his style lends perfectly to the image that TWD is trying to go for

since the book is in black and white, I think that the newer artist is more useful

if you have been thinking that the book's style changes in-between the first arc or also other than the two artists, I would say that it was an artists trying to get the feel down for the book and changing his approach slightly. if you read other comics that have been continuing for years and years, you will notice that the artist improves and has gotten better and changed his style slightly within those years. it's a learning process, and they are always trying to improve. another reason why I love this median

I think it is a very well done adaptation of the graphic novels. It was surprisingly well done because most movies or shows based on comic books seem to turn out to be complete shit (e.g. 30 Days of Night and Watchmen). Its unfortunate that the first episode at least was pretty much exactly the same as the comic book. The writing in the book is very good but now I know whats going to happen before it does. The whole time I watched the premier I kept thinking, "Oh this is where he gets hit with a shovel. Hes going to ride a horse now. Hes going to shoot that dead bitch in the face." I was actually pretty bored because I knew what was going to happen even though the episode was really good. I'm going to keep reading the comics because I think they are better, people who haven't read them will probably love the show. If the the TV show doesn't deviate from the original story line at all I'm probably going to stop watching it.

yeah, the first episode was predictable if you've read the books. but, they are changing it up. first, they have said that the show will be different than the comics. and second, I read the six episode synopsis and starting with the next episode things change a little bit. there are a couple characters that are made for the show, including this hillbilly asshole survivor in episode 2 and a black guy named T-Dog

and I thought 30 Days of Night was pretty good. Watchmen just seemed right from the comic, so it was ok

28 days later took it from day of the triffids, no ideas are 100% original.

I read that in college. Great story.

Due for a movie re-make.

Debut was meh but I think there are reasons to keep watching.
It's AMC and they have a good track record.
And while a single tv episode is not going to measure up to a $300 million Hollywood blockbuster in "wow" factor, TV shows can develve into characters much deeper than a single movie. Which I imagine is where this show will stand or fall on.