• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Capsules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kronan

Greenlighter
How effective is Kratom in capsule form?
Is it just as effective as making tea with Kratom powder?
I'm just assuming that it shouldn't make much difference if the Kratom is ingested as a tea or in a capsule.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Kronan

Kratom capsules are effective if you have an extract that is made correctly from some quality leaf. Plain old capsules are alot to swallow if you know what I'm saying.....the powder is easier to dump and wash versus taking like 12 giant 00 capsules just to a few grams in you.

Personally I like the capsule form better, it takes a little longer to hit you but its worth it to not taste that awful taste. plus then you know how much youre doing without having to weigh it on a scale

If anything, the capsule form should be more effective since you lose nothing. With extractions (such as making tea) you probably will lose a small amount unless you are very precise with temperature, technique, etc... And even then, as mentioned, you have that nasty taste that (imo) detracts from it.

There are some good products out there which are extracts (mitragynine more commonly than 7-HM from what I've seen) and these don't require massive consumption like putting whole leaf in capsule would... But of course in either case, the amount you'd have to consume is relative to tolerance.

Personally, I get some kratom capsules from a local head shop that are very effective. They are 900mg a piece and although the potency of the extract isn't listed, subjectively I find each pill to equal roughly 7.5mg hydrocodone.

If anything, the capsule form should be more effective since you lose nothing. With extractions (such as making tea) you probably will lose a small amount unless you are very precise with temperature, technique, etc... And even then, as mentioned, you have that nasty taste that (imo) detracts from it.

There are some good products out there which are extracts (mitragynine more commonly than 7-HM from what I've seen) and these don't require massive consumption like putting whole leaf in capsule would... But of course in either case, the amount you'd have to consume is relative to tolerance.

Personally, I get some kratom capsules from a local head shop that are very effective. They are 900mg a piece and although the potency of the extract isn't listed, subjectively I find each pill to equal roughly 7.5mg hydrocodone.

7.5 mg of hydro per 900 mg kratom pill?...damn i didn't realize that kratom was so effective(or so similar to an opiate). I have never come across any kratom so I don't know much about it other than I think it attaches to some of the same receptors that opiates do. So your saying that if you took around ten of those pills, it should give someone with a moderate to large opiate tolerance a good high/buzz?

7.5 mg of hydro per 900 mg kratom pill?...damn i didn't realize that kratom was so effective(or so similar to an opiate). I have never come across any kratom so I don't know much about it other than I think it attaches to some of the same receptors that opiates do. So your saying that if you took around ten of those pills, it should give someone with a moderate to large opiate tolerance a good high/buzz?

its hard to find kratom in most places, so most people that I know go online. there are forums dedicated to it, and often if they allow distributer as members you can pick up discount codes for your orders... Just don't go on there and start asking how the high is - they call it "aroma" because Kratom is an "incense ingredient." Most who like opiates enjoy the Bali Kratom over the other types due to the lack of stimulant qualities. The forums will often warn you about extracts because they create physical dependence, but a decent vial of 7-OHM will compare to almost any pharmie I've come across in the right dosage, and there's none of that nasty apap.

IME the red vein kratom whether bali or thai are far superior to green vein or plain old premium commercial grade kratom.. YMMV tho.

never used capsules tho.. thought of buying a capsule machine a while ago for the hell of it but never did cuz i have no need for it so im glad i didnt waste the money even tho you can get cheap ones.. kratom doesn't do anything for me anyways since im on subs.. some say it still works but i tried a while ago and got nil.
But before subs it did have good effects (not as strong as my DOC OxyContin) but the two types i listed gave me the best experiences.

I was addicted to hydro's for the longest, and kratom, good solid kratom plain leaf would require at least 4 grams to even kill w/d.......yes it has a different type of buzz to it...like an SSRI/opiate/? but the method of putting drink in your mouth, and then dumping the powder in your mouth and swallowing was always the most effective method of killing w/d.

Thanks for the info and replies.
I ended up ordering some "Super Premium Indonesian" kratom capsules through Amazon.Com, mainly because I didn't know of a reputable source to order from for my first time and Amazon's site allows me to read feedback from previous buyers.

The "Super Premium Indonesian" moniker is most likely marketing hyperbole, but I'll post my critique after I've received them.

-Kronan

I would strongly suggest you look for some forums w/distributors as members - that way you get their product description along with reviews of those experienced with Kratom...

amazon's too hit-or-miss to invest one's well being with, IMO

I was addicted to the tea for a while. It was good, reminds me of hydro. Even with opiate tolerance you can get effects... Here is a good recipe. Follow each step closely.

Equipment:
Large Pot that won't corode with lemon juice!
Something to stir preferably a large metal whisk that you can leave in the pot
Something to strain kratom (use imagination and you might come up with some good ideas!)

Ingredients:
50 grams of bali kratom (1\2 cup maybe?)
1 gallons of water (if you have a PUR filter or something use it.)
1\2 cup of lemon juice

Stir kratom in lemon juice. Let sit 30 minutes. Add water and stir. Slowly bring to a vigorous boil. Boil it on HOT! Stir every 15-20 minutes and avoid letting the kratom powder stick to the sides. When your left with a couple quarts strain all powder out. Run hot water through filter to get all alkaloids out. Simmer down solution to half a quart of liquid. 2 ounces of this will be 6.25 grams of kratom or one dose. 2 ounces is exactly a quarter cup. Freeze solution when not in use. You must thaw the mixture COMPLETELY and shake for 20 seconds before pouring out your dose.

Add lots of gatorade powder and sugar to extract. Let mixture get to room temp for rapid absorption, stir 20 seconds, and drink with chaser. Its not too bad because you don't get powder stuck on your throat. In the freezer the kratom tea should last 3 weeks and maybe longer. Don't use this stuff more than 4 days in a row. Also don't try a high dose until you have experimented with the dose I recommended.

Weekend, thanks for the recipe. I'll have to get some powder in the future and try it.

Teonanactylln', so you think I should be wary of the kratom capsules I ordered through Amazon? There was a small amount of feedback, but it was positive.
Although I suppose it could be shill feedback (similar to the obvious shill bids that you see on eBay from time to time).

Finding a reputable seller through a kratom forum is a good idea.
I registered with "kratomforum.com" three days ago. However, it's one of those sites where registrations must wait for approval by a moderator, and after not receiving word from a moderator for two days, and not knowing where to order it, I just went ahead and ordered the capsules through Amazon yesterday.

-Kronan

the kratom site sounds like a scam id wait for another site to approve ya and get feedback from a WIDE variety of customers. cause thats the only way to make sure your not getting scamed by some people making accounts and posting trying to sell a bunck product IMHO.

Received my order of kratom capsules today.
The capsules are clear and are in a well labeled bottle, similar to something you might find in a health food store.
The place they were shipped from is "sylantech.com" in North Carolina.
When I went to their website I read that they've been selling kratom since 1995.
They list the ingredients of their kratom capsules as "commercial leaf mixed with 15x resin."

So far, everything sounds and looks legitimate.
Has anyone ever heard of this outfit?

Thanks,
-Kronan

Okay guys (and gals), here's my experience with these capsules so far.
My order was for 160 capsules, the site states that's a total of 112 grams of kratom. You can do the arithmetic and figure out the amount of kratom per capsule.

I took only one capsule to start with (on an empty stomach), because this is a substance that I'm not familiar with at all, and I'd rather err on the side of caution.

Within about 45 minutes, I started to feel a nice sense of well being with an accompanying boost in my energy level. At the one hour mark, I took another capsule, and within another 45 minutes I had a VERY nice sense of well being.
I would say it's roughly equivalent to how 7.5 mg of hydrocodone makes me feel...and I have a low tolerance level for hydrocodone.

Is this unusual to get these effects from two capsules on my first experience with it? Or possibly, it's just my individual metabolism?

Back in February, I got a 60 day supply of 7.5mg hydrocodones from my doctor and I never noticed a tolerance developing with them.
Throughout the entire 60 days I'd get a very nice sense of well being from just one 7.5mg tablet.
In fact, I once tried taking one and 1/2 (roughly 12mg) just to see the effects, and I broke out in a sweat and felt lousy for close to an hour. The 12mg was just too much for me. After that, I never took more than 7.5mg at one time.
As I said, perhaps it's just my metabolism?

-Kronan

Also, thank you Weekend Addiction for the link to that website in your personal message.
I couldn't send a message back to you because I was prompted that I needed to be a "bluelighter" to send personal messages.

-Kronan

From my experience the shit sucks. I spent $35 buck for 3 grams of "Purple Sticky Kratom 15X" from water beds and stuff. I was really excited from what I read about it online. I was used to doing anywhere from 15-45 mg of oxycodone (usually perc 30s) to get pretty faded. Im not talking an everyday thing, but getting faded a few times a month, pretty much every friday.

Anyways I drank all the shit even though the guy at the store said it was super strong and only do 1 mg. I really didnt feel anything at all. Maybe slightly and I mean ever sooooo slightly relaxed, but nothing like a good opiate buzz.

I believe it can work for people, but I dont think its worth the money either way. I would have much rather spent 40 bucks on an OC 80 at the time because now they are selling for 50-60 or even 80 bucks if they are the real OC not OP's.

Anyways a single perc 5 would have made me feel better IMO and the OC 80 would have had me nodding and itching all night just how it should be.

DMac614 said:
From my experience the shit sucks. I spent $35 buck for 3 grams of "Purple Sticky Kratom 15X" from water beds and stuff.

So, the "supplier" you got it from is "Water Beds and Stuff?"

From my experience the shit sucks. I spent $35 buck for 3 grams of "Purple Sticky Kratom 15X" from water beds and stuff. I was really excited from what I read about it online. I was used to doing anywhere from 15-45 mg of oxycodone (usually perc 30s) to get pretty faded. Im not talking an everyday thing, but getting faded a few times a month, pretty much every friday.

Anyways I drank all the shit even though the guy at the store said it was super strong and only do 1 mg. I really didnt feel anything at all. Maybe slightly and I mean ever sooooo slightly relaxed, but nothing like a good opiate buzz.

I believe it can work for people, but I dont think its worth the money either way. I would have much rather spent 40 bucks on an OC 80 at the time because now they are selling for 50-60 or even 80 bucks if they are the real OC not OP's.

Anyways a single perc 5 would have made me feel better IMO and the OC 80 would have had me nodding and itching all night just how it should be.

Everyone knows that purple sticky is a shitty brand. Also a waterbed store is probably not the best kratom source.... Your not going to get an OC 80 experience of kratom but an OC 15 experience isn't out of the question... provided you get some good shit not the crap you bought...

Status
Not open for further replies.