• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nucynta(tapentadol) hallucinations?

PoppyLlama

Bluelighter
Hey all, so last night I took 500mg nucynta crushed up and swallowed. I got high, as expected, but as me and my buddy went outside to grab some buds to chief, I noticed I was seeing things. Straight up hallucinations, seeing people who werent there, at one point I thought there was a cat and a duck in the middle of the road and said "Dont hit the animals!" and my friend was like "what animals?" and then I looked again and they were still there, but slowly faded (becoming more and more opaque as I kept looking) away into nothing. There were other times too but you probably get the idea.
This is a relatively new drug and ik there isn't alot of info on it. The only thing I could find is on the website for nucynta is says:
"The development of a potentially life-threatening serotonin syndrome may occur with use of SNRI products, including NUCYNTA®.....Serotonin syndrome may include mental-status changes (eg, agitation, hallucinations, coma).... "

I take 300mg Wellbutrin XR and 75mg Effexor XR daily in the morning

I have taken 400mg before with no issues, and I am on the drug daily for pain, though it doesn't help much and I am going to bring that up with my PM Doc but thats another story.

any thoughts?

*edit: I had no other symptoms of anything other than the usual opiated feeling and hallucinating.

Last edited:
nobody has any insights? i mean i know its a new drug but i thought someone would have something to say lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapentadol
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/meds/a610006.html

Tapentadol (Nucynta) may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

* nausea
* vomiting
* loss of appetite
* constipation
* dry mouth
* dizziness
* drowsiness
* difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
* abnormal dreams
* shaking of a part of the body that you cannot control
* pain in the joints
* itching
* rash
* increased sweating
* difficulty urinating or pain when urinating

Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

* slow, shallow, or difficult breathing
* slow or fast heartbeat
* severe sleepiness
* cold, clammy skin
* feeling faint, dizzy, or confused
* difficulty thinking, walking, or talking normally
* seizures
* hallucinations
* agitation
* feeling overheated
* loss of coordination
* overactive reflexes

Tapentadol may cause other side effects.

Sounds like a really bad side effect and or/ overdose my friend....

Last edited:
Nucynta isn't a great drug by any means. It's an SNRI which means it essentially stops urge of brain to feel pain. It has lots of side effects especiaslly if you're on an SSRI or SDRI. It will not get you high. It is so sucky I threw mine away. How come he wont give you morphine or opana? Get off that shit. It is merde du chien .

I think it must have been an overdose because when I take 8 of them (400 mgs) I just get sorta high and no bad side effects. IDK what the issue was that night, but I am not doing that amount again. phosphene ik its an SNRI but it also works on the mu receptors as well, so you can get high off of it as long as your tolerance isn't too high(mine is low in my opinion but at one point when my primary doctor had me on morphine I would have to take like 250mgs just to get high..Ive never had any physical dependence problems but once after a 3 day opana/H/oxyC binge) but yeah tomorrow I am gonna let them know that they dont do anything for my pain at all. I want back on morphine but if I could get opana i just might shit my pants with excitement 8o lol

When I do Nucynta (not even a lot, 100mg-150mg) I get CRAZY super realistic CEVS (Imagine looking at something, closing your eyes and it still looks like you're staring at the desk!) It's kind of like DXM CEVs (which are very realistic)

Super strange drug.. I like it a lot.. Hallucinogenic effects and an opiate!

^ Actually it's a synthetic opioid. I really want to try this and see how it compares to tramadol.

^ i also would like to try it and compare to tramadol.. i just don't understand how a chemical that acts like tramadol could be CII and tramadol itself not even scheduled.. but we'll leave that for a different thread as it has nothing to do wit the OP's question lol.. sorry for derailing you OP.. proceed.

EDIT: this thread has some info in it: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=450139

i thought it was dead at first and then i noticed a post from today lol, i suppose i should have checked the dates on the second page, instead of just the first =D

Last edited:
In my opinion it's a lot better, definitely get you more inebriated (which may or may not be good if you like a clear headed high)

How do you find the right combination to overdose. I have 100 mg nuycenta, 100 mg trazadone 10 mg ambient and. 5 mg clonazepam. Is there a magic mixture

I recently took tapentadol 100mg crushed up modified realese 24hrs our after I smoked about 300mgs of crystal meth and I has some crazy eyes open and closed visuals, whilst I felt up and chatty one hand but with no achey pains/relaxed body and a bit of that opioid warmth but horny was as well. Still no urge to sleep even after more Temazepam. I had 5mg of diazpem and 30mg Tamazepam in between time and about 4hours sleep The only drugs which hadn't taken in combination before where the tapentadol and the crystal meth and give their respective effects on neurual catecholamine transmission it kind of makes since. Strange but not unlpeasent mixture od sensations I had never experienced at the same time before.

I prefer tapentadol to tramadol too btw

wellbutrin is a dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. effexor is a serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. these two are commonly prescribed together, but large doses of each together will cause interaction. throw tapentadol, a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, into the picture and you've got some pretty fucked up brain chemistry. it's really hard to say how this might affect someone, since the dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine systems exert their own effects but also influence each other in very complex ways. some people report mild hallucinations on each one of these 3 drugs, alone. combining them is probably pretty risky. good thing you're alright now. you should really be more careful when you take drugs in the future, considering you're on two antidepressants. you should always research the drug you're about to take to find out if it has interactions with wellbutrin and effexor. most recreational drugs, except typical opiates, will have an interaction. most tryptamine psychedelics won't produce a dangerous interaction, but amphetamines, substituted cathinones, tropanes including cocaine, xanthines to some extent, mdma, tramadol, typical and atypical antipsychotics, tricyclic antidepressants, tetracyclic antidepressants, NMDA antagonists like the dissociatives, alcohol and ESPECIALLY MAOIs can be dangerous in combination. and your prescriptions are meant to accumulate, meaning you can't just not take them in the morning and expect to be fine to take some recreational drug at night. it is really hard to say specifically what could happen to you, but there'll for sure be a danger of serotonin syndrome with some drugs, cardiovascular excitation (potentially causing cardiotoxicity) with other drugs (especially stimulants), dystonia with antipsychotics in specific. all of these are medical emergencies. theres a reason antidepressants have warnings on interactions - they interact with fucking everything. it is completely safe to take traditional opiates with wellbutrin and effexor. by traditional opiates, i mean anything with a phenanthrene backbone. look it up on wikipedia, if you see six adjacent hexagons and it seems to look like morphine, you're fine. on the other hand, fentanyl and related chemicals are also fine because they only bind to opioid receptors. but tramadol, methadone, etc are all unsafe. and you can tell that they're unsafe by checking out which receptors they bind to. even by looking at the shape you can tell that these are not traditional opioids or fentanyl-related compounds. be safe, good luck

Finally got my box of 75mg tabs in. It's been a month or so since I used Tramadol and/or MT-45. About over a week ago I took a 8mg sub.

So far 75mgx4 has been taken. Mood has been uplifting. So far I'm enjoying the effects. I'm curious to see if I get any type of hallucinations. I get cool CEV's with Tramadol so I'm curious how this will be. It's slightly helped my back pain. I give this one a thumbs up.

both bupropion and tapentadol both increase the seizures, taking them together in high doses is just asking for trouble.

I have absolutely had this happen on several occasions. It took me a while to figure out that it was the Nucynta, since I'm always on other drugs as well. At first I thought it might be the Seroquel. But then I got rid of all my Seroquel after a particular bad night, and they happened a few nights later anyway. Today, my partner took some for a toothache and started having the same experiences as me, and that last night that I had them, all I was on was heroin and Nucynta, and GHB I guess. And since I'm on heroin and GHB every night, it makes sense that it was the Nucynta. Most of the time they are purely auditory, but many times they have been both audio and visual hallucinations. They aren't always bad hallucinations, but they have taken a turn towards the dark side on some occasions. It's in the benzenoid class, providing dual action as an agonist of the μ-opioid receptor and a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, like Tramadol. It can possibly affect people more who are on anti-depressants than those who are not.

I would say to anyone taking this medication for the first time, do so in a comfortable setting without too many people, but maybe a babysitter might be a good idea, so long as you prepare them for the possibilities of the side effects first. I've been in groups of people who have just stared at me with pitiful looks the whole time, thinking I was going bat-shit crazy answering questions that were never asked. Not the best setting. But the overall opiate high I'm told (being a heroin addict it's hard to decipher) is very strong, and so long as you don't mind random hallucinations that are a bit more on the delirium side than anything, you'll be okay, especially once you sleep it off.

Is this stuff any good? I know its cII so the fda must thi k it is, but I know someone with these. I'm on 70mgs mmt and I know the conversions except tapentadol, so its like tramadol?

Is this stuff any good? I know its cII so the fda must thi k it is, but I know someone with these. I'm on 70mgs mmt and I know the conversions except tapentadol, so its like tramadol?

There's a few threads with more info,
Long story short, much better than tramadol.
In fact I don't find the two very similar at all.
You'll either love it or hate it, not many people fall in between.

To be honest, kosmokramer's post sums it up:
You'll either love it or hate it, not many people fall in between.

Like Tramadol, you're either in the corner of loving it, or hating it.

In my early days on smaller doses of opiates, I used to prefer Tramadol over Codeine/Dihydrocodeine. It just gave me an electric buzz and 'high' that was so opposite to it's opiate cousins - which I used to prefer during the evenings to chill out. Tramadol was great on a night out, DHC/Codeine were great for a night in.

The same with Tapentadol, I found that it was brilliant for a stimulation-like high, like Tramadol. It's often referred to as Tramadol's 'Big Brother/Sister' and rightly so. It's much more potent.

On my own spectrum it's like:
Tapentadol is very stimulating with zero opiate buzz
Oxycodone is somewhat-stimulating with a nice opiate buzz
Morphine is not stimulating with a large opiate buzz

Though it was px'd be my pain consultant I used to lower the dose in the week so I had more at weekends. Always used to take it an hour or so after some Xanax/Valium/Klonopin/Ativan as I was a tad paranoid about seizures, with it being so much more potent than Tramadol. I can't actually tell you whether it is thus more likely to induce a seizure at an equipotent dose of Tramadol, I just don't know - maybe someone else can answer for that?

It was very enjoyable, yet so subjetive. It wont be too long before someone else comes along and completely disagrees with me.

But hey, it's all so subjective and that's what keeps discussion going :)

edit: and just if you were wondering if the OP's 500mg (Tapentadol/Nucynta/Palexia) dose, either instant or slow release, is quite a large dose in it's on right - let alone taking Bupropion/Wellbutrin and Venlafaxine/Effexor too. So if you do get your hands on some, please take it easy.

Last edited: