• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction

jaystyle

Bluelighter
Hey all,

Since the other New Formulation Oxy extraction threads have become completely cluttered with bull--- lets dedicate this new thread and have some strict rules for it. The purpose of this thread is to:

1.) Post the detailed results of your experiments (whether success or failure) in extracting oxycodone from the OP pills in order to break the time release for ingestion, insufflation, or IV use. Please be as specific as possible when describing your experiment.

2.) Provide useful advice / information about solvents, chemistry, etc which can be used to assist people in experimenting

3.) Ask experimenters questions if they have been unclear.

DO NOT POST THE FOLLOWING HERE

1.) Moaning and groaning about how OC is gone.
2.) Information about Generic OC, other drug alternatives (OPANA), etc.
3.) Any random unrelated comments that will waste our time and distract us from our goal of finding a way to extract oxycodone.

Last edited:
Ok--- so here is my current experiment status' so far.

1.) Milling / Grinding OP 80 - I have found the best way to crush OP80 with the use of a foot file / nail file. Hoseclamp did not work good. Using the file, I was able to get it to a powder around 20% thicker than the old OC.

2.) Experiment 1: Fail - My first experiment was to mill the OP80 and I left it overnight in a mixture of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. 8-9 hours later, I drank it and received minimal if any effects except a horrible case of acid stomach. I suspect all the acid may have killed the alkaloids or something, or just failed to extract it completely.

3.) Experiment 2: Fail - Grinding up and parachuting - despite milling these OPs down, they still retain substantial time release. I found this to be a failure and it released the oxy slowly over the course of many hours.

4.) M.L.K - I read that if you put M.L.K drops (a popular, common solvent) in a spoon to saturate some milled OP 80, then let it evaporate, it dissolves the plastic and leaves a snortable powder that does not Gel. Many people report success with this, but I did not. Perhaps I did not use enough M.L.K or let it dissolve for long enough.

I posted this in the other thread, but I find this information useful and suggest you all read it here in case u missed it:

From the Purdue website, here is a summary of the info I found:
http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/08/slides/2008-4356s1-05-Purdue.pdf

Besides the obvious Simple, Medium, and Complex solvent thing that has everyone confused--- here is some information you guys should consider in ur investigations:

1.) At room temperature, using commonly found solvents, the best they could do was extracting 50% of the oxycodone for SHORT DURATION Shakign Extractions at room temperature.

2.) At room temperature with some less readily available solvents, extraction was as high as 70% during a "SHORT DURATION" shaking extraction at room temp.

3.) When we are dealing with EXTENDED extraction times at ROOM temperature--- some SIMPLE HOUSEHOLD solvents extracted up to 78% of the oxycodone! That might mean if we leave oxycodone soaked in acetone, M.E.K, or Ether for some time we can get almost 80% of the OC out. How long is an extended duration, I wonder? 1 hour, 2, hour, 4 hours-- shaking and stirring it. In the end, I woudl assume we would filter out the gunk, evaporate the solvent, and be left with pure oxycodone residue. The 22% or so that wasnt extracted would remain in the gunk we filter and we could eat them or something. There was one simple solvent they listed, however, that only got 2-9% out--- in otherwords destroying the alkaloid entirely. Not sure which one that is but maybe we can research solvents known to destroy oxycodone molecules. The Medium and Complex solvents all removed most of the oxycodone when leaving them at room temperature for extended periods of time.

4.) Extraction at elevtaed temperatures had adverse effects on the oxycodone so we can safely exclude that from our experiments and stick to room temperature experiments.

5.) Some further information regarding their methods of extracting oxycodone:

“During in vitrotesting, tablets were manipulated to recover oxycodone by crushing, milling, heating, and crushing followed by boiling and filtering fragments, and crushing followed by extracting with various solvents, including ethanol.The tablets either did not break or broke into fragments that retained some of the controlled-release characteristics.When in contact with aqueous media, the tablets or the fragments formed a gelatinous mass.”

PS. IF you look on their website, the picture of their CRUSHED OP looked like shit.... it was super chunky, and with a foot file I can get my OP WAY better than their picture. Perhaps they experimented on the OP while it was all chunk like the picture to prove to the FDA their new OP was soooo good. I'll bet if we file it down fine enough, we'll get better than the results they posted.

Last edited:
good info. trying some experiments tonight. i'm staying here...better thread than "defeating.."

Ok... I have 1 OP here to experiment on (and 10 OC80s to sniff for now... yay :) ). Tonight, I am gonna put 40mg of milled OP in a solution of Acetone, and 40mg of milled OP ina solution of MEK. Im gonna stir it and let it sit for a couple hours-- shaking it periodically. Afterwards, im gonna strain out the white part and dry it off to taste it--- if it is not bitter, that means the oxycodone is in the solution.

I will then evaporate the solution and I am not sure what will be left behind.. I am hoping some residue that has oxycodone in it; but 40mg is so small it will be hard to see. Whatever is left on the bottom, I will scrape it and mix it with water and then test it to see if the oxycodone went from OP, to solution, to water.

What do you guys think? Good experiment? any flaws in it?

PS. Using this method, Purdue said they were able to get up to 78% of the oxycodone out of the pill while regular OCs had like 95%. If you can get OPs cheap, this could work well. With COMPLEX solvents Purdue got out like 100% but who nkows what those are? probably not Acetone or M.E.K and probably something like Acetic Acid, Methyl Ether, and all that weird shit. I will be happy if i can get close to 80% of the OC out of these. If I get an H20 Oxycodone solution, u can then either filter and inject for IV ppl, or for snort ppl, mix crushed nytols and let it dry up, similar to what people mix with black tar h & water to create a snortable heroin powder out of it. If it works, I will get like 10 OPs at a time, and make a bunch of powder to last me awhile.

I Only Have One Contribution

I don't have access to the OP so I only have a suggestion: What about bleach? Is it acidic or solvent-y enough?

Or is it just a bad idea? Maybe bleach was the two to nine percent yield ;)

Just eat them. I'm fucked up. Been on 80s since 2001, when the Twin Towers went down. But thats another story. I know it sounds bad but since then I must have eaten 20 of them, all the rest up the nose. So maybe thats why I'm fucked up. Again I cut 2 OPs in2 16 bits then ate with soda and chips. Feels like the 1st time kind of. Very surprised, because when I ate 2 OPs whole yesterday really nothing happened.
Also went back to k-mart today telling my friend thats where I got the Ethex type lats week, but was told that they ran out and all they have and will have are the OPs. He gave in after the 13th pharmacy we went to and was told the same story over and over again. All OPs from now on! Some punk kid is selling the 80s foe $120 a pop, LOL. He sold about 75 of the in 2 days. Crazy times boyz!

hah.. not so sure about Bleach... The appeal of MEK and ACETONE are that they are easy to evaporate so you dissolve your substance, than evaporate it leaving nothing but what was dissolved.

Anyone with a chemistry background have an idea what the next best solvent to try would be after MEK and ACETONE? How about turpentine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solvent

I have my OP soaked in acetone & mek right now.. will leave it like that for an hour or two then evaporate it. Will post results later.

I don't have access to the OP so I only have a suggestion: What about bleach? Is it acidic or solvent-y enough?

Or is it just a bad idea? Maybe bleach was the two to nine percent yield ;)

What about burning ur nasal passage to death. What a bunch of meatheads on here. EAT THEM!

So there isn't anyway to neutralize the bleach with baking soda or some other way to make it less caustic to your system?

Besides it's not like you'll use 30 mL of the stuff. It seems most solvents that people are using only require four or five units.

Bleach is not a solvent... it is just a hosuehold chemical that disinfects surfaces and bleaches hair and clothes.

Acetone & MEK are industrial strength SOLVENTS that evaporate quickly. the PURDUE website makes it clear they used solvents to extract oxycodone.

Anyone with chemistry background have suggestions of other solvents to try? There are many (turpentine, chloroform, ethyl acetate, etc). Anyone know about the specific bonds oxycodone has to the polymers so we can figure out how to break them with appropriate solvents? How much time could we let these pills sit in these solvents without risking the alkaloid breaking down?

ALSO: Please stop wasting out time with bullcrap unrelated posts (ETHEX generics, EATing OPs, random bullshit). Go back to the other thread if you want to waste time, this thread has a specific purpose so stick to it or go elsewhere.

Experiment

Just evaporated acetone & MEK with a blow dryer after letting it sit for an hour-- stirring & shakign occasionally. I seperated the solids and evaporated the acetone & mek off that. I am hoping the majority of the oxycodone is in the solution I strained out.

Each dish has some residue on the bottom of it after evaporation. THe MEK solution appeared more milky while mixed with the milled OP, but after evaporation it appears that the acetone had more residue.

I am going to scrape the residue up as much as possible and pour some hot water (not boiling) into each dish and hope it tastes bitter :)

Will report back in a bit...

UPDATE: AFter pouring hot water in the dishes where i evaporated the liquid, I scraped the bottom of the dish with a sharp knife to make sure all the molecules got loose in the solution. I drank the water (kind of scared doing this considering I had acetone / Mek int he dishes, but I evaporated it thoroughly with a blow dryer and read on the internet that ingestion of minute quantities of both chemicals is usually harmless) and the water was DEFINATELY bitter and had oxycodone in it. The Acetone by far seemed to have extracted a higher amount of oxycodone than the MEK did based on the amount of residue left on the dish and the bitter flavor.

The problem is that the remaining powder, after evaporated, was ALSO very bitter... NOw, I would expect them to be bitter no matter what because they were still saturated in solution when I filtered them out, so ti is possible the powder was covered with oxycodone that had become unbound from its polymer. IT is also possible a large portion of the oxycodone remained bound to the polymer.

This experiment was only ONE hour long... I think in the future, I will leave it overnight and that should extract the majority of the oxycodone. I just drank and ate all the powder, and am waiting to see how hard it hits me. I had already snorted quite a bit earlier in the day so I hope I am able to detect it =P

PS. Both powders, despite being soaked in solvent for one hour, retained their gooeyness when I ate the powder. Whoever came up with the MEK in a spoon for 15 minutes + snort idea is foolish. It does NOT work

Last edited:
I am seriuosly starting to get fucked up guys and it has only been like 15 minutes! I think I have cracked the secret to these OPs!!! =)

Since it sounds like a pain in the ass, the best way to do this is to extract like 3-5 of them at a time. Once you have oxycodone dissolved in water, add crushed NYTOL tablets to it until it soaks up all the water. Then let it dry out, and snort the oxycodone infused nytol to your hearts content! For IVers, I see no reason why you couldn't IV the oxycodone H2O solution I made too.

I have one more theory that maybe someone could confirm--- you see, when you evaporate the acetone with a hair dryer, i fear once it is all evaporated some of it sticks to the bottom of the dish, and other small molecules just fly around with the hair dryer.

What if we mixed boiling water to the acetone? The heat of the boiling water should assist the acetone to evaporate quickly and then we can heat it until the rest evaporates, and the oxy should automatically go from acetone to water without having to hit a dry surface and fly all over the place.

In the future, I will let it dissolve over night or several hours at least and that should get pretty much all of the oxycodone out I'm sure. An hour seemed to do well, but the powder was still too bitter.

Freezing

Has anyone ever tried freezing them? Or any other CR med?

I'm just thinking it might change the molecular structure enough for long enough to break/crush up and take/use.

Like rubber for example, get it cold enough and it will break, crack whatever. I'm not talking liquid nitrogen but it's a thought..

Dude... finding a way to break/crush OPs is not an issue. It can be done easily with a nail file / foot file. Even once it is broken, you cannot sniff / eat it and have the time release broken. That is why we need to extract the oxycodone from the polymers using solvents like what has been discussed above.

Dude... finding a way to break/crush OPs is not an issue. It can be done easily with a nail file / foot file. Even once it is broken, you cannot sniff / eat it and have the time release broken. That is why we need to extract the oxycodone from the polymers using solvents like what has been discussed above.

I'm not trying to disrupt this thread with nonsense. But dude, I just had to tell you that I've been telling everyone in the other defeating OP time release thread about how we need a thread dedicated to just the methods/solutions/results over and over. And this is EXACTLY how I thought it should be set up and also...great job on posting some pretty great info you've posted just alone in this thread. I'll definitely be looking into contributing to this thread as well. I know I said and totally agree that there shouldn't be any non-related posts in this thread but I just had to give you thumbs up and props on the thread! xD

=D

I'll delete/edit this post later so it's not junking the thread up.

I'm just trying to help man no need to be an ass about it.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/08/slides/2008-4356s1-05-Purdue.pdf

Check out page 20..

"crushing followed by extraction with various solvents, the tablets either did not break or broke into fragments that retained the controlled release characteristics. When in contact with aqueous media, the tablets or fragments formed a gelatinous mass."

"On hydration of tablet fragments, the polymer becomes a viscous gel that inhibits extraction of the active ingredients"

I know they used Ether and vinegar. I'd bet they used Acetone too because it's readily available.

They tested readily available solvents, harder to get solvents and so on.. You don't think they tried acetone?
Also it says max on the best one you get 55% or something.

The methods that use boiling water, a blow dryer on hot.. Heat destroys opiates. Oxy isn't the exception.

To the people testing, could you state what your regular dose is, what dose you take to get "high" or whatever you do and what dose you use in the experiments.

Cause someone that takes an 80 every now and then and gets high, will get high off half an 80 too.

Are you opiate naive or tolerant? These are important questions to me because I am along with a lot of people here.

I know what the issue is as you put it but if we had beginners chemistry labs and solvents I'm sure we could extract the polymers all day long.

Can someone tell me how on the tests with the solvents they were extracting up to 107% of the Oxy out of the original formulation? How is that?

Thanks for the info Akomplice and sorryf or being an ass. I am curious to know whether they consider Acetone a simple or medium solvent? it is a fairly powerfull solvent... its possible they label it medium or complex for the sake of discouraging people who read their report.

IT says 55% is the most for a SIMPLE solvent in a SHORT DURATION. IF you read further, it says Medium solvents in short duratino can get up to 75% (page 57).

HOwever--- what if we leave it in the solvent overnight?? It shows that for LONG duratinos, simple solvents can get up to 78% up and medium to complex solvents up to 103%. Who knows what Acetone is, but it got me nodding after ONE HOUR of soaking... I am thinking 4-7 hours and I will break that bad boy down to the core. Acetone is KNOWN for its ability to break down polymers--- what better solvent to use than that? I am telling you guys... This is the way.

I am thinking the best way is taht after you get the acetone solution, you add some slightly less than boiling water and that should evaporate the acetone (heat it a bit longer if it doesn't) and strain out the solid matter. You will have a clean oxycodone solution free of polymers which you can mix with crushed nytol and dry for a powder, drink if you want to get high with no time release (like me tonight), or IV if you are into that kind of thing. The way I did it at first was I poured the acetone solution into a different dish and evaporated it with a hair dryer. Then, I added hot water to the dish and scraped the residue from the bottom of the dish so it mixed with hot water. The water was bitter. I also evaporated the acetone off the powder and ate that too--- It was bitter too, for one of two reasons: 1.) I didn't let it soak in acetone enough so a lot of oxycodone remained in the powder 2.) I was tasting the unbound oxycodone that remained in the acetone saturating the powder at the time I removed it. I am thinking I need to let it sit longer (lots of stirring and shaking along the way) and find a clean good way to strain out the leftover solids and squeeze out all the acetone from it into the 2nd dish.

OP has been solved... it is time consuming, but all you have to do is get like 10 of them and handle them all at once. Make a bunch of happy powder with it and use it for days.

I can imagine a future where labs do the extractino for us, and you buy extracted oxycodone powder off the streets! You'll see, iot will come... but it will be cut to shit =-\ DO it yourself!!!

GUYS--- try this and report your results. ALSO, chemists and people with brains, expand on my technique and make it better and report.

Any idea at what temperature does Oxycodone decompose at? I tried to look but couldn't find much. Any info on that would be helpful so we know if a blow dryer / boiling water should or shouldn't be used for this.

PS. I have a substnacial opiate tolerance... am physically dependent on them. It takes like 80mg to get me really high if I have nothing in me, and can do anywhere form 1.5 to 3 80s a day if I wanna go apeshit.

Last edited:
Credit Where Credit is Due

Assuming that others get similar results, major props to jaystyle!