• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction

Again, I just broke up 2 80 OPs in 16 bits. Ate 2 at a time with chips and washed down with coke. I am off the wall. I've been taking Oxys since 2001 and haven't had a feeling like this since I started.

So I have been using a technique that has been working pretty well. I would estimate that it releases around 70% of the oxycodone.

1.) grind up the OP as finely as you can and put in shot glass
2.) take soda (Canada dry ginger ale has worked best for me) and pour in a different shot glass to half full.
3.) heat the soda in the microwave for about 25-30 seconds, Basically when it starts gently boiling.
4.) pour the hot soda into the other shot glass with OP in it. Mix well for a few minutes.
5.) this step seems to be important. next pour room temp or cold soda into the soda/OP mixture till glass is full. (room temp has worked best for me)
6.) mix again for a few minutes, then go have a snack, a cigarette etc. for about 5 minutes. Come back and mix it up a little more.
7.) Take the shot. It will be a little gooey from the polymers but you can distinctly taste the bitter oxycodone.

I know most of you agree that adding heat is a bad idea and I would agree if you were trying to extract it but if you just drink the mixture the way I have, it works beautifully. I usually take around 30-40mg a time and when I did this method with an OP 60 I was overly satisfied.

I am actually about to receive a B.A. in biochemistry so I will be working on a way to extract the oxycodone from this mixture for a snortable, injectable substance.

for those w/ scripts, search online for compounding pharmacies/apothecaries in your area... they should be able to put together and IR oxycodone for 'ya.

i heard that taken orally even parchuted it will still have time relase cause the jelly is still time relase so in your stomache this happens or in you nose. they way to fix it by swollowing it is as stated above i did it a week ago. you make into small pieces or powder and put a chip in to your mouth with a small piece or a little powder. chew swollow drink coke it takes a while but it is very very good. i did this with 2 80. (i usally sniff this much). and i was high as shit. better then sniffing suprisingly. i like tooting it but this works really well it makes each peace disslove sepratly so you get a great rush. this is the least harmful way i have seen i wouldnt just start ingesting solvents. this way no strange chems plus any that dosnt hit instently will still go in your system from what i seen on the purdue doc most chems ruin 30-50 % in tell we know the one thats 100% effective as stated. i would be carful. or go to walgreens. but ops arnt all the way useless it just takes a min. by the time i was finally done eating all of the pieces i was allready feeling it. the first time i got ops i just broke it up really small and eat them i didnt feall shit so this way is the best i have heard or tried thus far. safe and easy.

HEY GUYS! we had success with OP 40's. We scraped them using and finely threaded nail. Some how it allows it to be shredded into a fine powder, held it with our fingers and all. IT turns into a powder!!!!!!!!!! we used a straw to snort (and to get it waaay up there) and it worked, no gelling, and a slight drip. give it a try! not the same, but good enough

so does anyone figure out a way to smoke it or snort it? the peg thing works and makes it powder and u take the crap off as u go along. then it goes down fine but like a few hours later u get all this goo stuff that u blow out of your noise? does that mean ur loosing the whole pill and not gettin any of it? or is that just some time releas4e stuff? has anyone really figured it out? all this chemical stuff u guys talk about using with gloves is scary. i just think purdue goingto have to go back to old ones and the lawsuit will just drop cause of people being allergic. can someone please tell me exactlly how to smoke it or snort it if they really know how to?

so does anyone figure out a way to smoke it or snort it? the peg thing works and makes it powder and u take the crap off as u go along. then it goes down fine but like a few hours later u get all this goo stuff that u blow out of your noise? does that mean ur loosing the whole pill and not gettin any of it? or is that just some time releas4e stuff? has anyone really figured it out? all this chemical stuff u guys talk about using with gloves is scary. i just think purdue goingto have to go back to old ones and the lawsuit will just drop cause of people being allergic. can someone please tell me exactlly how to smoke it or snort it if they really know how to?

I snorted it! Using a fine threaded nail and pliers or fingers, we were able to scrape a 40 down to a fine powder. leave the coating on. Use a straw to snort so it gets waaay up there. I did 2 40's and felt my usual high. Later that night i blew my nose and all sorts of goo came out, but I surprisingly didn't get congested after snorting. It was as close to normal w/o the use of any chemicals. give it a try. FINE THREADED NAIL, THE LONGER THE BETTER

i finally am able to put my 2 cents in. i dont care if it is MEK or Acetone. it is going in my arm no matter what as long it is not gel. I feel that some other people wont care as long as we can get high.

opiates burn off at 80 degrees Celsius or 176 F what i did was take the final solutions and put in a pot of water with a thermometer in it and making sure it does not go above 76C.

u got to die sometime. and if i could find h i would be doing that instead. i dont really hang out with alot of people that has connections like that. because they usually will rob u any chance they get. that y i only do my script now.

Last edited:
I'm not particularly worried about ingesting a little bit of residual MEK or acetone...I mean, I've done coke plenty of times and you never know what is in it. that used to be my drug of choice before I started doing OCs.

Jaystyle, I know I read the way you said worked best was with the acetone, however because I was going to do an OP just to stop the withdrawal, and I was talking to a friend and my boyfriend, about the MEK and acetone, and some people said the MEK worked for doing it quicker, so I bought the MEK first, and we're sort of doing some experiments with this, and I do want to get the acetone as well and try it that way.

After soaking the ground up OP40 in MEK then I put it back in the ped egg, a friend suggested microwaving it, just to see what happens, if it does anything different, and after we microwaved it for about 3 minutes, it seems like the gel may have melted to the bottom of the ped egg (which is plastic), something melted into the bottom of the ped egg and I can't imagine it would be anything other than the gel. We are going to let one sit overnight in the MEK and try it tomorrow.

While it definitely seemed to kick in faster, there still some stuff gelling up in my nose.

oh and there was less gel with the second pill we tried. we let it soak longer, in more of the MEK and then microwaved it. maybe we just liked seeing that some of the plastic got stuck to the bottom of the ped egg and melted to it, so we knew it definitely wasn't in the pill/powder anymore.

oh and there was less gel with the second pill we tried. we let it soak longer, in more of the MEK and then microwaved it. maybe we just liked seeing that some of the plastic got stuck to the bottom of the ped egg and melted to it, so we knew it definitely wasn't in the pill/powder anymore.

hahaha please tell me you aren't putting the MEK mixture into the pedegg?!?!

If you are putting MEK into a plastic container than you are a complete MORON.

You are seriously not very bright.

A lot of people are going about this the entirely wrong way... Using methods that are really just shots in the dark it seems. Ingesting acetone is dangerous and not needed!

I figured out how to extract concerta and have a tutorial I wrote in the OD directory, and have also cracked vyvanse time release as well... So I have some experience with this sorta stuff. It seems to be my knack! :p

It seems there are two ways to do simple extractions : Using completely soluble solvents, or completely insoluble solvents. The latter is somewhat harder.

The rumor here is that oxycodone is soluble in acetone. I haven't been able to find much data about that , but drug solubility data is sometimes hard to come by.Any articles with any extended oxycodone solubility information would be well received.

Lets say that oxycodone hcl is completely soluble in acetone. You would want to crush pill as finely as you can to maximize surface area. Add acetone .Mix. Filter (coffee filters rubber banded over a cup works wonders). Evaporate the acetone and hopefully you should be left with pure oxycodone, or oxycodone plus whatever binders and inactives acetone is soluble for. Hopefully most of the junk is left in the coffee filter, which you throw away, or do another wash on if you are desperate.

Any extractions for this will not work without filtering. You can't just add solvent and hope it breaks down whatever is making it gel up and hope it magically leaves when you evaporate it (or don't).

Also, there is NO need to ingest any acetone for any worthwhile OP extraction.

Don't mean to come off rude at all, just trying to help.

If I could get my hands on any OPs (which I can't) I bet I could crack this within a week and be left with a method that produces close to pure powder that can be repeated at home with simple chemicals. Seriously.

-lenses

Mxracer is actually on to something here. Seems that for me the best way to take these is to treat them like a piece of hard candy. Just suck on it until it dissolves away. When I tried that I couldn't really tell much of a difference between these and the old ones, down to the dose. Hit me within an hour, felt about the same (in terms of strength and duration) as just eating an old purdue 80, maybe slightly less. I was honesty surprised at that, since everyone has been posting that these are so much worse than the originals. For me, the difference is negligible, though I will admit that by sucking them away they do not feel the same as snorting the originals felt.

This would make sense, seeing as our saliva contains digestive aids.

Still, we're talking about a decent high for a quarter of the old price. I don't require snorting to enjoy oxy. I try not to be subject to psychosomatia, and feel confident enough about the effects I feel from sucking them to nothingness that I don't really care that I can't snort them.

Just me, ymmv.

Last edited:
Oh and btw, for anyone who is interested, saliva seems to dissolve the new OPS fairly quickly. I personally let it sit in my mouth for about 30 minutes, and the pill usually almost entirely dissolves. But im sure others will come up with some other ideas... gross ones at that..

But i wonder if you let the OC sit in some saliva for an hour or so, then add water and either 1. evap it off, or 2. drink it.. either way is pretty gross, but it might work..

Although while the OP sits in my mouth for 30 mins or so... i can literally feel the slimey gel start building up in my mouth, but eating sourpatch kids seems to really help with that ;)

I'm willing to bet the gel is some sort of organic base that is dissolved by the enzymes in our saliva. good luck :)

Are talking about OCs or OPs?
OPs definitely turn into a big ball of gel if you let em sit in your mouth.

Are talking about OCs or OPs?
OPs definitely turn into a big ball of gel if you let em sit in your mouth.

Im talking about OP's... And they definitely do not turn into a ball of gel in your mouth. Not if you keep sucking off the gel anyway... The outer layers begin to soften and "gel up" but like i said before, you need to suck on the pill.

If you continually suck on the pill, it will not turn to a ball of gel... the gel gets sucked off.. which contains the oxycodone, which is absorbed through your mouth, and the rest is swallowed

Last edited:
OK, so I got about 3 of these for free from a friend of mine a couple days ago. I used to be a big-time snorter and that was my method of choice for the old ones however I didn't want to waste these and get a 2-day booger.

I tried two of the simpler methods I had found on online threads so far, with varying degrees of success. Granted my tolerance has dipped dramatically, but I definitely noticed a difference between the two methods.

1. Coca-Cola Method: I used my old trusty "Microplane" (like a pedegg but designed specifiaccly for pills, this was my warrior when I was really into the brand name) and shaved it down as fine as possible, placed the powder in a small glass of room temperature Coke and let sit for about 10 min. I proceeded to drink the entire mixture, sipping the cola "underneath" the gel layer on top. Definitely tasted the bitterness of what little of the chemical was absorbed, then drank the top "gelatinous" layer. After about 20 min, I felt a mild body high but nothing substantial and definitely no nodding/euphoria.

2. Good ol' Chewing Tobacco Method: Again, I Microplaned an OP 80 as fine as possible. I proceeded to dump this into the front of my mouth between my lower lip and gums (like chewing dip). I figured, with it being as finely chopped as it was, some would be absorbed in through my mouth and the saliva would naturally break down some as well. I proceeded to "milk it", gathering saliva around the mass and then swallowing. I did this repeatedly for approximately 10 min straight before it began to get really gooey and swallowed the rest. The effect was DEFINITELY better than the cola method. Again, none of the "good ol' 80" punch, but a significant difference. A stronger body high and some droopy eyes.

Just another experiment shared to whomever is interested in going the "simple" oral route and waiting for the guys with the chem engineering degrees to find out how to really break it, sorry, not risking my life dealing with ETHER. Tip of my hat to everyone trying the more complex methods, but be careful.

So it seems that saliva is breaking down the time release from the reports on here. I bet the amylase in saliva is breaking down the poly-whatevers that are complex sugars which cause the gelling into simple sugars. I imagine if you could get a hold of some amylase enzyme and add it in a solution with the OP and let it sit for an hour (perhaps at a lower ph ... like cola's ph) it would not be a gel solution and destroy the time release. Probally couldn't shoot it or snort it without more extraction, but this method would work for oral use. I imagine the amylase isn't good in the bloodstream or nose...

Should this thread get merged into the larger OP extraction thread? I don't want the information posted in this thread getting lost...

-lenses

Handbook of chemistry and physics

I was looking in the handbook at ethylene glycol and found that it is soluble in acetic acid. Perhaps it would be better to get rid of the gel instead of extracting the oxycodone. Just a thought. If anyone knows any
other ingredients of the gel matrix I can look that up as well.