Bluelight

Thread: Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction

Page 1 of 25 123451121 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Experiment Thead - New Formulation Oxycodone Extraction 
    Hey all,

Since the other New Formulation Oxy extraction threads have become completely cluttered with bull--- lets dedicate this new thread and have some strict rules for it. The purpose of this thread is to:

1.) Post the detailed results of your experiments (whether success or failure) in extracting oxycodone from the OP pills in order to break the time release for ingestion, insufflation, or IV use. Please be as specific as possible when describing your experiment.

2.) Provide useful advice / information about solvents, chemistry, etc which can be used to assist people in experimenting

3.) Ask experimenters questions if they have been unclear.

DO NOT POST THE FOLLOWING HERE

1.) Moaning and groaning about how OC is gone.
    2.) Information about Generic OC, other drug alternatives (OPANA), etc.
    3.) Any random unrelated comments that will waste our time and distract us from our goal of finding a way to extract oxycodone.
    Last edited by jaystyle; 11-09-2010 at 08:03.

2. Collapse Details

Ok--- so here is my current experiment status' so far.

1.) Milling / Grinding OP 80 - I have found the best way to crush OP80 with the use of a foot file / nail file. Hoseclamp did not work good. Using the file, I was able to get it to a powder around 20% thicker than the old OC.

2.) Experiment 1: Fail - My first experiment was to mill the OP80 and I left it overnight in a mixture of apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. 8-9 hours later, I drank it and received minimal if any effects except a horrible case of acid stomach. I suspect all the acid may have killed the alkaloids or something, or just failed to extract it completely.

3.) Experiment 2: Fail - Grinding up and parachuting - despite milling these OPs down, they still retain substantial time release. I found this to be a failure and it released the oxy slowly over the course of many hours.

4.) M.L.K - I read that if you put M.L.K drops (a popular, common solvent) in a spoon to saturate some milled OP 80, then let it evaporate, it dissolves the plastic and leaves a snortable powder that does not Gel. Many people report success with this, but I did not. Perhaps I did not use enough M.L.K or let it dissolve for long enough.

I posted this in the other thread, but I find this information useful and suggest you all read it here in case u missed it:

From the Purdue website, here is a summary of the info I found:
    http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/...-05-Purdue.pdf

Besides the obvious Simple, Medium, and Complex solvent thing that has everyone confused--- here is some information you guys should consider in ur investigations:

1.) At room temperature, using commonly found solvents, the best they could do was extracting 50% of the oxycodone for SHORT DURATION Shakign Extractions at room temperature.

2.) At room temperature with some less readily available solvents, extraction was as high as 70% during a "SHORT DURATION" shaking extraction at room temp.

3.) When we are dealing with EXTENDED extraction times at ROOM temperature--- some SIMPLE HOUSEHOLD solvents extracted up to 78% of the oxycodone! That might mean if we leave oxycodone soaked in acetone, M.E.K, or Ether for some time we can get almost 80% of the OC out. How long is an extended duration, I wonder? 1 hour, 2, hour, 4 hours-- shaking and stirring it. In the end, I woudl assume we would filter out the gunk, evaporate the solvent, and be left with pure oxycodone residue. The 22% or so that wasnt extracted would remain in the gunk we filter and we could eat them or something. There was one simple solvent they listed, however, that only got 2-9% out--- in otherwords destroying the alkaloid entirely. Not sure which one that is but maybe we can research solvents known to destroy oxycodone molecules. The Medium and Complex solvents all removed most of the oxycodone when leaving them at room temperature for extended periods of time.

4.) Extraction at elevtaed temperatures had adverse effects on the oxycodone so we can safely exclude that from our experiments and stick to room temperature experiments.

5.) Some further information regarding their methods of extracting oxycodone:

During in vitrotesting, tablets were manipulated to recover oxycodone by crushing, milling, heating, and crushing followed by boiling and filtering fragments, and crushing followed by extracting with various solvents, including ethanol.The tablets either did not break or broke into fragments that retained some of the controlled-release characteristics.When in contact with aqueous media, the tablets or the fragments formed a gelatinous mass.

PS. IF you look on their website, the picture of their CRUSHED OP looked like shit.... it was super chunky, and with a foot file I can get my OP WAY better than their picture. Perhaps they experimented on the OP while it was all chunk like the picture to prove to the FDA their new OP was soooo good. I'll bet if we file it down fine enough, we'll get better than the results they posted.
    Last edited by jaystyle; 11-09-2010 at 12:52.

3. Collapse Details

good info. trying some experiments tonight. i'm staying here...better thread than "defeating.."

4. Collapse Details

Ok... I have 1 OP here to experiment on (and 10 OC80s to sniff for now... yay ). Tonight, I am gonna put 40mg of milled OP in a solution of Acetone, and 40mg of milled OP ina solution of MEK. Im gonna stir it and let it sit for a couple hours-- shaking it periodically. Afterwards, im gonna strain out the white part and dry it off to taste it--- if it is not bitter, that means the oxycodone is in the solution.

I will then evaporate the solution and I am not sure what will be left behind.. I am hoping some residue that has oxycodone in it; but 40mg is so small it will be hard to see. Whatever is left on the bottom, I will scrape it and mix it with water and then test it to see if the oxycodone went from OP, to solution, to water.

What do you guys think? Good experiment? any flaws in it?

PS. Using this method, Purdue said they were able to get up to 78% of the oxycodone out of the pill while regular OCs had like 95%. If you can get OPs cheap, this could work well. With COMPLEX solvents Purdue got out like 100% but who nkows what those are? probably not Acetone or M.E.K and probably something like Acetic Acid, Methyl Ether, and all that weird shit. I will be happy if i can get close to 80% of the OC out of these. If I get an H20 Oxycodone solution, u can then either filter and inject for IV ppl, or for snort ppl, mix crushed nytols and let it dry up, similar to what people mix with black tar h & water to create a snortable heroin powder out of it. If it works, I will get like 10 OPs at a time, and make a bunch of powder to last me awhile.

5. Collapse Details
    I Only Have One Contribution 
    Flask
    I don't have access to the OP so I only have a suggestion: What about bleach? Is it acidic or solvent-y enough?

Or is it just a bad idea? Maybe bleach was the two to nine percent yield

6. Collapse Details

Just eat them. I'm fucked up. Been on 80s since 2001, when the Twin Towers went down. But thats another story. I know it sounds bad but since then I must have eaten 20 of them, all the rest up the nose. So maybe thats why I'm fucked up. Again I cut 2 OPs in2 16 bits then ate with soda and chips. Feels like the 1st time kind of. Very surprised, because when I ate 2 OPs whole yesterday really nothing happened.
    Also went back to k-mart today telling my friend thats where I got the Ethex type lats week, but was told that they ran out and all they have and will have are the OPs. He gave in after the 13th pharmacy we went to and was told the same story over and over again. All OPs from now on! Some punk kid is selling the 80s foe $120 a pop, LOL. He sold about 75 of the in 2 days. Crazy times boyz!

7. Collapse Details

hah.. not so sure about Bleach... The appeal of MEK and ACETONE are that they are easy to evaporate so you dissolve your substance, than evaporate it leaving nothing but what was dissolved.

Anyone with a chemistry background have an idea what the next best solvent to try would be after MEK and ACETONE? How about turpentine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solvent

I have my OP soaked in acetone & mek right now.. will leave it like that for an hour or two then evaporate it. Will post results later.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by pixplzthx View Post
    I don't have access to the OP so I only have a suggestion: What about bleach? Is it acidic or solvent-y enough?

Or is it just a bad idea? Maybe bleach was the two to nine percent yield
    What about burning ur nasal passage to death. What a bunch of meatheads on here. EAT THEM!

9. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
    What about burning ur nasal passage to death. What a bunch of meatheads on here. EAT THEM!
    check the thread rules #3, meat.

10. Collapse Details

So there isn't anyway to neutralize the bleach with baking soda or some other way to make it less caustic to your system?

Besides it's not like you'll use 30 mL of the stuff. It seems most solvents that people are using only require four or five units.

11. Collapse Details

Bleach is not a solvent... it is just a hosuehold chemical that disinfects surfaces and bleaches hair and clothes.

Acetone & MEK are industrial strength SOLVENTS that evaporate quickly. the PURDUE website makes it clear they used solvents to extract oxycodone.

Anyone with chemistry background have suggestions of other solvents to try? There are many (turpentine, chloroform, ethyl acetate, etc). Anyone know about the specific bonds oxycodone has to the polymers so we can figure out how to break them with appropriate solvents? How much time could we let these pills sit in these solvents without risking the alkaloid breaking down?

ALSO: Please stop wasting out time with bullcrap unrelated posts (ETHEX generics, EATing OPs, random bullshit). Go back to the other thread if you want to waste time, this thread has a specific purpose so stick to it or go elsewhere.

12. Collapse Details
    Experiment 
    Just evaporated acetone & MEK with a blow dryer after letting it sit for an hour-- stirring & shakign occasionally. I seperated the solids and evaporated the acetone & mek off that. I am hoping the majority of the oxycodone is in the solution I strained out.

Each dish has some residue on the bottom of it after evaporation. THe MEK solution appeared more milky while mixed with the milled OP, but after evaporation it appears that the acetone had more residue.

I am going to scrape the residue up as much as possible and pour some hot water (not boiling) into each dish and hope it tastes bitter

Will report back in a bit...

UPDATE: AFter pouring hot water in the dishes where i evaporated the liquid, I scraped the bottom of the dish with a sharp knife to make sure all the molecules got loose in the solution. I drank the water (kind of scared doing this considering I had acetone / Mek int he dishes, but I evaporated it thoroughly with a blow dryer and read on the internet that ingestion of minute quantities of both chemicals is usually harmless) and the water was DEFINATELY bitter and had oxycodone in it. The Acetone by far seemed to have extracted a higher amount of oxycodone than the MEK did based on the amount of residue left on the dish and the bitter flavor.

The problem is that the remaining powder, after evaporated, was ALSO very bitter... NOw, I would expect them to be bitter no matter what because they were still saturated in solution when I filtered them out, so ti is possible the powder was covered with oxycodone that had become unbound from its polymer. IT is also possible a large portion of the oxycodone remained bound to the polymer.

This experiment was only ONE hour long... I think in the future, I will leave it overnight and that should extract the majority of the oxycodone. I just drank and ate all the powder, and am waiting to see how hard it hits me. I had already snorted quite a bit earlier in the day so I hope I am able to detect it =P

PS. Both powders, despite being soaked in solvent for one hour, retained their gooeyness when I ate the powder. Whoever came up with the MEK in a spoon for 15 minutes + snort idea is foolish. It does NOT work
    Last edited by jaystyle; 11-09-2010 at 05:55.

13. Collapse Details

I am seriuosly starting to get fucked up guys and it has only been like 15 minutes! I think I have cracked the secret to these OPs!!! =)

Since it sounds like a pain in the ass, the best way to do this is to extract like 3-5 of them at a time. Once you have oxycodone dissolved in water, add crushed NYTOL tablets to it until it soaks up all the water. Then let it dry out, and snort the oxycodone infused nytol to your hearts content! For IVers, I see no reason why you couldn't IV the oxycodone H2O solution I made too.

I have one more theory that maybe someone could confirm--- you see, when you evaporate the acetone with a hair dryer, i fear once it is all evaporated some of it sticks to the bottom of the dish, and other small molecules just fly around with the hair dryer.

What if we mixed boiling water to the acetone? The heat of the boiling water should assist the acetone to evaporate quickly and then we can heat it until the rest evaporates, and the oxy should automatically go from acetone to water without having to hit a dry surface and fly all over the place.

In the future, I will let it dissolve over night or several hours at least and that should get pretty much all of the oxycodone out I'm sure. An hour seemed to do well, but the powder was still too bitter.

14. Collapse Details
    Freezing 
    Bluelighter
    Has anyone ever tried freezing them? Or any other CR med?

I'm just thinking it might change the molecular structure enough for long enough to break/crush up and take/use.

Like rubber for example, get it cold enough and it will break, crack whatever. I'm not talking liquid nitrogen but it's a thought..

15. Collapse Details

Dude... finding a way to break/crush OPs is not an issue. It can be done easily with a nail file / foot file. Even once it is broken, you cannot sniff / eat it and have the time release broken. That is why we need to extract the oxycodone from the polymers using solvents like what has been discussed above.

16. Collapse Details

Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by jaystyle View Post
    Dude... finding a way to break/crush OPs is not an issue. It can be done easily with a nail file / foot file. Even once it is broken, you cannot sniff / eat it and have the time release broken. That is why we need to extract the oxycodone from the polymers using solvents like what has been discussed above.
    I'm not trying to disrupt this thread with nonsense. But dude, I just had to tell you that I've been telling everyone in the other defeating OP time release thread about how we need a thread dedicated to just the methods/solutions/results over and over. And this is EXACTLY how I thought it should be set up and also...great job on posting some pretty great info you've posted just alone in this thread. I'll definitely be looking into contributing to this thread as well. I know I said and totally agree that there shouldn't be any non-related posts in this thread but I just had to give you thumbs up and props on the thread! xD

I'll delete/edit this post later so it's not junking the thread up.

17. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I'm just trying to help man no need to be an ass about it.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/...-05-Purdue.pdf

Check out page 20..

"crushing followed by extraction with various solvents, the tablets either did not break or broke into fragments that retained the controlled release characteristics. When in contact with aqueous media, the tablets or fragments formed a gelatinous mass."

"On hydration of tablet fragments, the polymer becomes a viscous gel that inhibits extraction of the active ingredients"

I know they used Ether and vinegar. I'd bet they used Acetone too because it's readily available.

They tested readily available solvents, harder to get solvents and so on.. You don't think they tried acetone?
    Also it says max on the best one you get 55% or something.

The methods that use boiling water, a blow dryer on hot.. Heat destroys opiates. Oxy isn't the exception.

To the people testing, could you state what your regular dose is, what dose you take to get "high" or whatever you do and what dose you use in the experiments.

Cause someone that takes an 80 every now and then and gets high, will get high off half an 80 too.

Are you opiate naive or tolerant? These are important questions to me because I am along with a lot of people here.

I know what the issue is as you put it but if we had beginners chemistry labs and solvents I'm sure we could extract the polymers all day long.

Can someone tell me how on the tests with the solvents they were extracting up to 107% of the Oxy out of the original formulation? How is that?

18. Collapse Details

Thanks for the info Akomplice and sorryf or being an ass. I am curious to know whether they consider Acetone a simple or medium solvent? it is a fairly powerfull solvent... its possible they label it medium or complex for the sake of discouraging people who read their report.

IT says 55% is the most for a SIMPLE solvent in a SHORT DURATION. IF you read further, it says Medium solvents in short duratino can get up to 75% (page 57).

HOwever--- what if we leave it in the solvent overnight?? It shows that for LONG duratinos, simple solvents can get up to 78% up and medium to complex solvents up to 103%. Who knows what Acetone is, but it got me nodding after ONE HOUR of soaking... I am thinking 4-7 hours and I will break that bad boy down to the core. Acetone is KNOWN for its ability to break down polymers--- what better solvent to use than that? I am telling you guys... This is the way.

I am thinking the best way is taht after you get the acetone solution, you add some slightly less than boiling water and that should evaporate the acetone (heat it a bit longer if it doesn't) and strain out the solid matter. You will have a clean oxycodone solution free of polymers which you can mix with crushed nytol and dry for a powder, drink if you want to get high with no time release (like me tonight), or IV if you are into that kind of thing. The way I did it at first was I poured the acetone solution into a different dish and evaporated it with a hair dryer. Then, I added hot water to the dish and scraped the residue from the bottom of the dish so it mixed with hot water. The water was bitter. I also evaporated the acetone off the powder and ate that too--- It was bitter too, for one of two reasons: 1.) I didn't let it soak in acetone enough so a lot of oxycodone remained in the powder 2.) I was tasting the unbound oxycodone that remained in the acetone saturating the powder at the time I removed it. I am thinking I need to let it sit longer (lots of stirring and shaking along the way) and find a clean good way to strain out the leftover solids and squeeze out all the acetone from it into the 2nd dish.

OP has been solved... it is time consuming, but all you have to do is get like 10 of them and handle them all at once. Make a bunch of happy powder with it and use it for days.

I can imagine a future where labs do the extractino for us, and you buy extracted oxycodone powder off the streets! You'll see, iot will come... but it will be cut to shit =-\ DO it yourself!!!

GUYS--- try this and report your results. ALSO, chemists and people with brains, expand on my technique and make it better and report.

19. Collapse Details

Any idea at what temperature does Oxycodone decompose at? I tried to look but couldn't find much. Any info on that would be helpful so we know if a blow dryer / boiling water should or shouldn't be used for this.

PS. I have a substnacial opiate tolerance... am physically dependent on them. It takes like 80mg to get me really high if I have nothing in me, and can do anywhere form 1.5 to 3 80s a day if I wanna go apeshit.
    Last edited by jaystyle; 11-09-2010 at 08:14.

20. Collapse Details
    Credit Where Credit is Due 
    Thumbs up
    Assuming that others get similar results, major props to jaystyle!

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jaystyle View Post
    Just evaporated acetone & MEK with a blow dryer after letting it sit for an hour-- stirring & shakign occasionally. I seperated the solids and evaporated the acetone & mek off that. I am hoping the majority of the oxycodone is in the solution I strained out.

Each dish has some residue on the bottom of it after evaporation. THe MEK solution appeared more milky while mixed with the milled OP, but after evaporation it appears that the acetone had more residue.

I am going to scrape the residue up as much as possible and pour some hot water (not boiling) into each dish and hope it tastes bitter

Will report back in a bit...

UPDATE: AFter pouring hot water in the dishes where i evaporated the liquid, I scraped the bottom of the dish with a sharp knife to make sure all the molecules got loose in the solution. I drank the water (kind of scared doing this considering I had acetone / Mek int he dishes, but I evaporated it thoroughly with a blow dryer and read on the internet that ingestion of minute quantities of both chemicals is usually harmless) and the water was DEFINATELY bitter and had oxycodone in it. The Acetone by far seemed to have extracted a higher amount of oxycodone than the MEK did based on the amount of residue left on the dish and the bitter flavor.

The problem is that the remaining powder, after evaporated, was ALSO very bitter... NOw, I would expect them to be bitter no matter what because they were still saturated in solution when I filtered them out, so ti is possible the powder was covered with oxycodone that had become unbound from its polymer. IT is also possible a large portion of the oxycodone remained bound to the polymer.

This experiment was only ONE hour long... I think in the future, I will leave it overnight and that should extract the majority of the oxycodone. I just drank and ate all the powder, and am waiting to see how hard it hits me. I had already snorted quite a bit earlier in the day so I hope I am able to detect it =P

PS. Both powders, despite being soaked in solvent for one hour, retained their gooeyness when I ate the powder. Whoever came up with the MEK in a spoon for 15 minutes + snort idea is foolish. It does NOT work
    jaytyle, I have a couple of questions and wanted to clarify some of what you did in this experiment. (sorry I'm a little fucked up right now, but I'd just like to make sure I understand the process).

First, is there a difference between the acetone and the MEK? you're saying the acetone left more residue and that's good...so this residue must be the pure oxycodone then? I have heard, though that MEK is better to use because it leaves less MEK residue in the oxycodone than what acetone leaves. Would maybe the MEK leave more oxycodone residue if it soaked for a longer period of time? (again sorry if I'm asking questions you may have answered)

Then when you said you evaporated the solution with the ground up pill and each solvent by using a hair dryer after letting it sit for an hour..I just want to make sure if I do this, that I'm doing it right. How much of each acetone/MEK did you use to mix with the ground up 40mg of OP? And I'm guessing the hair dryer just speeds up the process, but you think it might be better to just let it sit longer and not use the hair dryer?

And when you said you separate the solids, did you mean the ground up OP? and then you said that you evaporated the acetone/MEK from the solids? but if it's the powder than you already did evaporate the solvents from it. I think that's what I'm confused the most on.

And then I would pour hot water in the cup/dish/whatever was used for evaporation, so that's just pouring the hot water over the powder after the acetone/MEK has been evaporated? (and scrape off any residue that was left at the bottom of the glass or whatever you use.

Is this procedure only to swallow or possibly IV it? If you don't add the water after the acetone or MEK has been evaporated thoroughly then can you just snort the powder that's left over, is this supposed to be pure oxycodone (or close to pure, basically it's just not supposed to have the solvent in it anymore and most of the gel agent they use should mostly be gone (maybe with still a littl bit of whatever binding/polymer type chemical they Purdue using in the OPs). So could you then snort it if you did it without adding the hot water?

Also do you think you can put a post up of the steps you took and just list them, like step 1., 2. etc? Maybe with measurements also, almost like the simplest, easiest way to understand/read to make sure anyone who is going to try it doesn't make any mistakes. Thank you if you can! I definitely want to try the MEK if it works by only giving it a little more time to evaporate or something.

Sorry about all the questions, as I said I'm a little fucked up, but I just want to make sure I know exactly what to do when I do it and I don't want to make any mistakes because I'm not exactly sure of one of the steps to get around this horrible gel/plastic substance.

THANK YOU!

22. Collapse Details

Just a couple thoughts after reading through this thread:

Wouldn't you run the risk of blowing away "freed" oxycodone powder with the hair dryer? I don't know what your final product looks like in consistency or texture or whatever but seems like a possibility. My suggestion would be to put it on a plate or something so you could spread out the surface area as much as possible and maybe put it in the oven on the lowest setting, maybe with the door slightly open to allow air flow. I dunno, something like that. Oh, but if you have a gas oven then maybe putting flammable liquid in it wouldn't be a good idea, haha, anyway the point is don't blow away your precious drugs. If nothing else just let it sit out somewhere, better to not rush it then to run the risk of ruining it.

I'm no chemist or anything, but i really don't think adding boiling water to get rid of the acetone is a good idea. Sure you may get rid of some of it, but how can you be positive it won't just mix with the water and then lose its ability to evaporate? Also as it has been stated, you run the risk of destroying some of the oxycodone in the process (couldn't tell you what temp that happens at, but thats far too precious a chemical to accidentally destroy, haha.) Not to mention its kinda scary to suggest that after adding boiling water you could IV it, or any method that could potentially contain solvents without knowing if its actually rid of any potentially harmful residue.

You could try a second extraction on the gelled up portion? Dry it up somehow and powderize it and re-extract? I don't know, but like you said there's probably still more left in there and it would be worth trying to get it out.

I had some good ideas to go along with this nonsense but its like 2 in the morning and i can't keep my thoughts straight. Anyways i hope this helps or gives you something to think about at least.

23. Collapse Details

today i got 3 of these op's for the price of one ...i was on a opana binge so i cant tell you how well it worked but a foot skin shaver breaks these down as good as real ones but turns to glue in your nose but its the only thing that i found that worked a hose clamp wont ... but my tolerance has been threw the roof so i cant say how well it worked and i have never just ate one...

24. Collapse Details

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CHEMICAL EXTRACTION OF OXYCODONE TECHNIQUE LISTED BELOW INVOLVES THE USE OF A POWERFUL SOLVENT-- "ACETONE". IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THIS PROCEDURE WILL RESULT IN THE INGESTION OF SOME QUANTITY OF ACETONE IF IT IS NOT FULLY EVAPORATED OR IF THERE IS SOME RESIDUAL LEFT BEHIND AFTER EVAPORATION. THIS COULD POSSIBLY LEAD TO HEALTH CONSEQUENCES IF SUFFICIENT QUANITIES OF ACETONE OR INHALED / INGESTED. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF YOU DECIDE TO TRY THIS AND UNDERSTAND YOUR RISKS BY INVESTIGATING HEALTH EFFECTS OF ACETONE. I HAVE NO BACKGROUND IN CHEMISTRY WHATSOEVER, BUT MY GOOGLE STUDIES OF ACETONE HAVE LEAD ME TO BELIEVE INGESTING MINUTE QUANITIES OF ACETONE IS NOT PARTICULARLY HAZARDOUS, AND IF EVAPORATION IS DONE PROPERLY IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA AND IS DONE SUFFICIENTLY, THERE SHOULD BE LESS THEN .0005% CONCENTRATION OF ACETONE REMAINING WHICH IS LESS THAN THE AMOUNT WE ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE IN OUR DRINKING WATER.

Hey,

I did the experiment with two seperate solvents-- M.E.K & Acetone. Both solvents extracted some oxycodone over the course of an hour, but the acetone experiment had more residue than the M.E.K experiment and the water solution afterwards was more bitter with the acetone so I figure that acetone is the superior solvent to use.

Acetone is the fastest drying solvent available, so I am sure there wont be much, if any, acetone in your oxycodone if it is evaporated adequately. There is no chemical taste or smell of either chemical after the evaporation.

Here are step by step VERY DETAILED instructions of both the experiment I performed that had success, as well as suggestions for how others can do it to improve upon the way I did it. PLease keep in mind that acetone is a serious chemical and breathing it and getting it on your hands is probably not very healthy, and the fumes are flammable so do not do this near open flames or where there could be sparks. Use rubber gloves if possible and avoid breathing the fumes. Also-- keep in mind, this experiment is really very simple so dont be discouraged by this excessively long explanation.

All that is involved in this (quick version-- it truly is a simple concept): Remove coating from OP & grind, place in non plastic small container and add acetone, stir & shake around periodically and let sit for 1hr - 8hr covered (I did 1, but will try longer next time), pour the solution into another container but let solids remain in the first container. Put cotton on the solids so it sucks up the solution, and squeeze it into the other container, evaporate the acetone (I used a hair dryer, but you can just let it evaporate naturally or put the container in warm water to accelerate) and you are left with residue and microscopic OC on the bottom of the container, add water and stir and scrape bottom residue so it mixes with water. You now have instant release oxycodone mixed with water & no polymers. Drink it, Filter & Slam it, or add crushed up nytol pills (or absorbing powder of your choice) and let it dry for a snortable powder. I swallowed the powder & drank the oxycodone water which was bitter. I went from being mildly high to nodding out on my couch in 20 minutes... It felt to me like I had just eaten at least 55-65mg crushed OC. I am mostly a snorter so I might not be gauging it right, but it got me floored! It definately works... maybe not 100% like the old OC, but close enough.

Now--- the detailed instructions if you want precision details of what I did.

1. The purpose of this procedure is to extract OXYCODONE HYDROCHLORIDE from the new reformulated oxycontins that have polymers (plastics) which hold a time release even when the pills are crushed / milled. Assuming Acetone is a "SImple Solvent" according to Purdue, this method should be able to extract as much as 80% of the oxycodone from the pills. If it is a complex or medium solvent, according to the Purdue document, than even higher than 80% extraction is possible. The remaining 20% can still be eaten so should not go to complete waste. The end product of this procedure results in a water solution that will contain oxycodone hydrochloride dissolved in it, as well as a few fillers which were soluble in the acetone, and possibly trace amounts of residual acetone that was not fully evaporated. The water can either be drank (what I did tonight), IVd (but I woudl suggest micron filterting it first since we dont know what binders ended up in the solution), or preparing a snortable powder by using the same technique people use for black tar mixed with water--- crushing nytol pills, letting them soak up the solution, and drying them out and snorting it when it is dry. Since this process takes times, the best way to do this is to first practice with 1 or 2 pills, and if you like the result, extract multiple pills at a time so you have a stash of instant release oxycodone.

2.) You will need 2 containers--- NOT plastic (acetone eats plastic). it is preferable if you can seal them from air so the acetone does not evaporate, stink up the room, and risk combustion while it is working its way on the OPs. The smaller the better, so you will have a smaller surface area to scrape at one point and less likelihood oxycodone particles will escape. You will also need pure acetone which can be obtained at virtually all hardware stores. You also need some OPs (obviously), water, a fileing tool to mill the OPs, and I used a hair dryer to expedite the evaporation of the acetone.

3.) I started by removing the coating on the OPs. I did this by putting some acetone on a paper towel, and rubbing the coating off. Afterwards, I dried them and finely milled them down with a fileing tool I have. You will want to grind them as fine as possible. Once I filed it, I took a razor blade and cut the larger chunks down as much as possible.

4.) Put the ground up OP into one of the containers, and add acetone. Keep doors and windows open when you do this for cross ventilation, or do it in a garage with the garage open. You will want to put just enough acetone to completely submerge all of the OP powder and give it some room to swim around in when you shake and stir it. Don't put an excessive amount, or you will have a higher content of trace amounts of acetone in your mix once it is evaporated (I am assuming... perhaps acetone can be evaporated 100% but lets stay safe and conservative).

5.) Stir and shake the mix every now and then and keep it covered when possible. I used two little glass dishes like for putting sauce into, and covered it with tinfoil but this was kinda ghetto. You might be able to do better. I did my extraction in one hour and felt great, but I think a longer extraction would have been even better (3,4,5 hours or even overnight?). I am unsure on whether acetone exposure will hurt the alkaloids or not, but on the Purdue website it makes it clear that the best extractions are done over an extended period of time.

6.) When you are ready for the next step, you will want to seperate the solid white particles from the acetone solution. I simply poured the solution from one container to the next--- the solid matter is heavy and kinda sticks to the bottom so it was easy to pour it without any crazy filtering going on. The solid matter, however, will be soaked in a juicy amount of oxycodone rich acetone so you will want to find a way somehow of milking it out and putting it in the main solution. Some ideas---pushing a little piece of cotton on it to soak up juice, then milking it into the other cup. You guys can be creative on this one.

7.) Now--- what I did at this point was blow dry BOTH solutions (the left over powder and the solution) to rapidly evaporate the acetone. You will want to evaporate it until the dish looks dry, and then some more after that to get rid of the particles. You should not smell ANY acetone when the procedure is complete. Some people tell me hot air from a blow dryer might hurt the alkaloid so you can consider evaporating it naturally over time or some other method. **Another possible method--- got a dish with hot water and it the dish submerge in it so it heats up the acetone and helps it evaporate.

**For 8-- I included two possible techniques. A is the one I did, B is a technique I think might be better in the future but im not sure if it will work.

8a.) Once the main solution bowl and powder has had its acetone evaporated, you will have 2 dry containers. The one that had solution & no solids will have a small amount of crystally residue. The other will be powder that is dried out of acetone since it should have evaporated. Taste the powder in the powder dish, but make sure you have dried it substancially and smelled it to make sure all acetone is gone. If the powder is very bitter, that means the the powder still has oxycodone in it and you did not do a long enough extraction. Dont be discouraged though... it could just be some instant release oxycodone that was released from the powder but didnt make its way to the other dish. Eat it up, or do a second extraction of it if it is SUPER bitter.

When viewing the residue, keep in mind, 40-80mg of oxycodone is VERY small, but the oxy is in there. At this point, I added boiling water but was told by others to just add warm / hot water since boiling water can hurt it. When the water is in there take something sharp and scrape at the bottom of the container to loosen up all of the residue and have the oxycodone dissolve in the water. Once it is fully dissolved, taste it-- it should be bitter. That is your oxycodone dissolved in water, free from time-release and nasty gooey plastics! Do what you would like with it.. drink it, filter and slam it, or add powdered pills to it, dry it, and snort it later.

8b.) Once you are left with two dishes-- one with acetone/oxycodone solution & the other acetone soaked powder that was seperated---- instead of evaporating it and being left with a residue on the bottom of the plate, what if you just add some water to the acetone and then heat it until all the acetone evaps? That way, once it evaps, the oxycodone will be automatically dissolved in the water which may or may not be better than mixing water with a crusty residue and mixing it. I feel that when you have the dry residue, some of it can be wasted since 40-80mg of OC is so small it could literally just fly in the air or something. I am not sure if the acetone will react with the water and form some unevaporatable chemical or something... Anyone know if it is possible to heat up a solution of acetone / water and remove all the acetone?

9.) Eat the remaining powder once you are sure the acetone has been evaporated. there is a good chance whatever oxycodone is left in the powder has been partially freed from time release by sitting in the solvent so long.

Alright you guys--- this is as detailed as I can make it. Do it and report your results, and good luck!
    Last edited by jaystyle; 12-09-2010 at 08:00.

25. Collapse Details

Good points... I am not a chemist either. The hair dryer idea seemed ok because once it evaporates, it seems the majority of the OC is in a residue on the bottom. But I agree this runs a risk and I addressed it in my above post.

I am not so sure about the boiled water to acetone idea either, but it would solve the hair dryer blowing away OC powder idea... I guess someone needs to experiment with acetone water and see if it is possible to purify.

Quote Originally Posted by Lando138 View Post
    Just a couple thoughts after reading through this thread:

Wouldn't you run the risk of blowing away "freed" oxycodone powder with the hair dryer? I don't know what your final product looks like in consistency or texture or whatever but seems like a possibility. My suggestion would be to put it on a plate or something so you could spread out the surface area as much as possible and maybe put it in the oven on the lowest setting, maybe with the door slightly open to allow air flow. I dunno, something like that. Oh, but if you have a gas oven then maybe putting flammable liquid in it wouldn't be a good idea, haha, anyway the point is don't blow away your precious drugs. If nothing else just let it sit out somewhere, better to not rush it then to run the risk of ruining it.

I'm no chemist or anything, but i really don't think adding boiling water to get rid of the acetone is a good idea. Sure you may get rid of some of it, but how can you be positive it won't just mix with the water and then lose its ability to evaporate? Also as it has been stated, you run the risk of destroying some of the oxycodone in the process (couldn't tell you what temp that happens at, but thats far too precious a chemical to accidentally destroy, haha.) Not to mention its kinda scary to suggest that after adding boiling water you could IV it, or any method that could potentially contain solvents without knowing if its actually rid of any potentially harmful residue.

You could try a second extraction on the gelled up portion? Dry it up somehow and powderize it and re-extract? I don't know, but like you said there's probably still more left in there and it would be worth trying to get it out.

I had some good ideas to go along with this nonsense but its like 2 in the morning and i can't keep my thoughts straight. Anyways i hope this helps or gives you something to think about at least.

Page 1 of 25 123451121 ... LastLast