• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why can't I get high off heroin after taking suboxone?

8 months is enough time to wean off 32mgs of bupe

i went from 32mg down to 2mg within 3months, i should be off in 2 months MAXIMUM, 2-3weeks minimim.

now dont u feel silly...

jp

^I wouldn't talk til your completely off.

I tapered down from 32mgs to 2mgs over 2 months. After 3 more weeks of weaning I still had worse w.d's then I ever had from H. Lost 20 lbs, didnt sleep for 4 days, and was damn close to killing myself.

true that....also why i said might take 2 months, might have to be til im takin the most miniscule amount under my tounge, we'll see tho...

yes, with suboxone you'll get down to even using like 1mg from what I hear. people experience withdrawals even after stopping 1mg (Im talking about after a taper, not people ALWAYS taking 1mg and then stopping, I doubt there'd be much of a withdrawal then.)

i\f ya want to be able to get high while on sub, ur gonna have to lower ur daily dosage to maximum 2mgs every 24hours

id suggest .5-1mg

yes, with suboxone you'll get down to even using like 1mg from what I hear. people experience withdrawals even after stopping 1mg (Im talking about after a taper, not people ALWAYS taking 1mg and then stopping, I doubt there'd be much of a withdrawal then.)

Getting off that last mg is the toughest part. I was able to get down to 24mg-2mg easily and it was a "little" tough going down from 2mg to 1mg but its that last mg that is the toughest. I guess tapering fully off any drug is going to be the toughest part. I was fully off it for 6 days and the craving got to me and it wasn't the right time to quit but the withdrawals don't really make you "sick", its more your body that really hurts accompanied with insomnia and anxiety. That's what I felt.

subuxone vs. heroin

I just wanted to add my 2cents. I've had a few experiences with subuxone; right now I'm trying to get high on H after 24hrs of doing 16mgs of subuxone; actually its now more like 28 hrs, and I do feel the H. What happened was, I got 5 8mg subuxone from my dealer, for free. I decided I'd eventually taper off the stuff, and get clean. Previously, coming from Vicodon, I'd started using Sub, and it got me pretty high. Now I figured one 8mg sub would be a good induction dose to sub. Wrong. I was doing half gram shitty mexican H for about three months, snorting. What happened my dealer was incommunicado on Thanksgiving, I only had a 1/4 bag for the whole day. By the following morning I was really withdrawing, and half-assedly decided to get on subs and go for the taper; problem was, it took 16mg just to stabilize, and that still not completely. Part of it was I was freaking out cuz I had to go to work. Now I'm trying to get high 28 hrs later on H again, cuz the subs are nearly gone. Well, a little bit seems to work. The best way, unless you are IN rehab and doing a short detox sub tapr, is just cold turkey off whatever opiate. Subs stay so long in your system, its the worst withdrawal ever because it takes so long. Just avoid subs, altogether. They are satan.

I just wanted to add my 2cents. I've had a few experiences with subuxone; right now I'm trying to get high on H after 24hrs of doing 16mgs of subuxone; actually its now more like 28 hrs, and I do feel the H. What happened was, I got 5 8mg subuxone from my dealer, for free. I decided I'd eventually taper off the stuff, and get clean. Previously, coming from Vicodon, I'd started using Sub, and it got me pretty high. Now I figured one 8mg sub would be a good induction dose to sub. Wrong. I was doing half gram shitty mexican H for about three months, snorting. What happened my dealer was incommunicado on Thanksgiving, I only had a 1/4 bag for the whole day. By the following morning I was really withdrawing, and half-assedly decided to get on subs and go for the taper; problem was, it took 16mg just to stabilize, and that still not completely. Part of it was I was freaking out cuz I had to go to work. Now I'm trying to get high 28 hrs later on H again, cuz the subs are nearly gone. Well, a little bit seems to work. The best way, unless you are IN rehab and doing a short detox sub tapr, is just cold turkey off whatever opiate. Subs stay so long in your system, its the worst withdrawal ever because it takes so long. Just avoid subs, altogether. They are satan.

i rather be in heroin W/D verse Suboxone W/D, which is so long and agonizing, when heroin is like 5-10 days extreme W/D...ugh the sub W/D is horrible enough but i cant handle 3-4 weeks in sub W/D

How much heroin are you tryin gto use?

4mg sub is a pretty big dose. Your tolerance is higher than you think,

I take 2-4mg of sub a day and I can get high the SAME day.

If I used sub the same day I am using dope, I shoot a solid bundle of easy coast NJ nice white powdered dope in a shot.

If I didn't take any sub that day, I can get by with 5-7 bag shots.

If you are shooting a tiny bit of dope don't expect to feel shit on 4mg bupe

I took 2mg of suboxone last night when could I feel the effect of dope, I'm currently at 15 hours

I know this thread is super old but more and more people complain of this problem. I switched from oxyto sub, being on sub for 7 months 18 mg I went back to oxy. It has been 5 months since I am on oxy and cannot feel a thing.

Buprenorphine mixed with Naloxone or not is trouble for someone who enjoys abusing opiates. It binds in the brain more powerfully than any full agonist while not producing many of the effects that full agonist produce. Anyone who uses bupe and has any kind of tolerance to it would need a solid month break in order to feel what they expect from full agonist opiods.

I always say I think it's more dangerous psychologically to be addicted to buprenorphine than full agonist. It ruins all the fun of using In the first place. I say either use full agonists or don't use at all in my opinion.

I agree with you except when you are in withdrawal and have no opioids left

The whole point of being on subs is to get off heroin. If you still want to use, why are you even taking subs?

I'm not saying it's the greatest of ideas, but it is because maintaining a heroin habit with tolerance is super expensive and it's a way to stave off WD between getting high while not blowing the rent check. But you can only keep it up for so long, after every "vacation" switching back to bupe becomes harder and harder until it becomes a logistical nightmare taking 48+ hours to stabilize or feel normal on just bupe, eventually the bupe just kind of poops out on you and I would highly advise against making a habit out of this or thinking it is some kind of long term solution. Eventually you'll find yourself right back in the same boat you started in, except bupe will now be basically useless, and your tolerance to heroin will be higher than ever.

I'm not saying it's the greatest of ideas, but it is because maintaining a heroin habit with tolerance is super expensive and it's a way to stave off WD between getting high while not blowing the rent check. But you can only keep it up for so long, after every "vacation" switching back to bupe becomes harder and harder until it becomes a logistical nightmare taking 48+ hours to stabilize or feel normal on just bupe, eventually the bupe just kind of poops out on you and I would highly advise against making a habit out of this or thinking it is some kind of long term solution. Eventually you'll find yourself right back in the same boat you started in, except bupe will now be basically useless, and your tolerance to heroin will be higher than ever.

I agree. I wanted to go to sub for my 2nd time but what good will it do? Especially I would try to stay little on it. I cannot get high after sub so I either quit oxy like taper then I would try be without it for a month maybe after that it would open my opioid recentors. If depression makes me go to sub God know wjat will happen

The whole point of being on subs is to get off heroin. If you still want to use, why are you even taking subs?

Good question. I took sub becaseI couldn't get any more of high doses of oxy. 7 months later after I quit sub and started oxy again, no high, zero, regardless of eventual dose increase.

Harm Reduction guys, not fun. There are a lot of different potential issues at play here regarding tolerance and such after MAT withdrawal, but not being able to get the type or magnitude of high that you're after would not be considered Harm Reduction material.

Eh, so I noticed this thread because I am/was wondering the same thing. It's about half a year old but screw it if I found it someone else will so hopefully my input will help also. I've been prescribed 16mg of sub since I got out of prison in august. For the first month or two I was doing both subs a day, then I started to cut back a little bit, and would switch it up between like 3/4 to 1/2 strip in the morning then again at night. I came across a couple bags of dope 6 days ago and had to wait till today to do them because of my biweekly meeting with my parole officer and didn't want to chance testing dirty. I should've started tapering since I first got them but I was dumb, the past couple days I've been doing the same amount(half in the morning/half at night) and took 24 hours off. I just did them and caught a little buzz, not much though and I'm currently in the process of getting more, so if I get more I will experiment and then post the results. As of right now though, 24 hours is NOT enough. All depends on the amount you do though I suppose.