Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Jimscaline

fractal fountain

Bluelighter

Jimscaline.png

(C-(4,5,6-trimethoxyindan-1-yl)methanamine) / (R)-(2,3-dihydro-4,5,6-trimethoxy-1H-inden-1-yl)aminomethane / Jimscaline

Has anyone had experience with Jimscaline? It sounds and looks interesting, according to wikipedia, It's 3 times as potent as Mescaline. Would this mean the dose would be 100-150mg?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimscaline

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks hard to synthesis and working at rather high dose, not the next best seller IMO.

One of the citations on wikipedia says it has 5x potency over Mescaline, if that were so, then the dose would be around 50-60mg.

One wishes there were reports in the scientific literature about human testing of this novel compound...

From the thread title I thought this was some sort of mixture of Jimson weed + Mescaline.

I'm more interested in a cyclobutane group on a psychedelic as in TCB-2! Talk about good ring closing chemistry.

3x times as strong.... man you be be tripping for maybe 72 hours that would crazy.....i wonder how much it cost.... imagine its like 25 dollars for a 72 hour high

3x as strong doesn't mean it has 3x the trip length.

I also saw this around. Was about to start a thread on it, but...

Sounds quite promising. A stronger version of mescaline? I'm down.

But Feste is correct...3x the strength (dosage wise) does not mean 3x the trip length.

Lots of hype surrounding this one... but being an indane, I'm not terribly sure its going to be the "magical potent mescaline" everyone is so desperately clamoring for...

Thoughts?

Lots of amazing chems I never dreamed I'd get to taste coming to market lately. And lots of duds. Which this is I haven't a clue. Being an indane doesn't sound promising, but that is just a quess (and not a very well educated one).

Thoughts? I think we've been blessed to live in the true golden age of psychedelic drugs, whether jimscaline turns out to be a winner or not;)

Lots of amazing chems I never dreamed I'd get to taste coming to market lately....
I think we've been blessed to live in the true golden age of psychedelic drugs, ...

true, the variety is amazing these days. Back in the mid to late 90s reading erowid about all Shulgin's creations in PiHKAL & TiHKAL I dreamed of having the opportunity to try these things & never thought i'd be able to. Then in the pre-web-tryp days I only managed to try 2c-d & 2c-i and after that I thought things were probably done for good... not so, and how :D

I think eventually we'll happen across some good indanes. There are plenty of tryps, phens, ergolines, amphetamines etc that are duds as well. Surely some indanes will turn out well.

i don't have particularly high hopes either, though i am interested. And i'm sure eventually something worthwhile will come out of that chemical class, not that some of the MD indanes aren't interesting and/or excellent for combos & stimulant/empathogen comedowns.

This will be the first "psychedelic" indane though, so who knows. Definitely wanna hear some reports, good or bad.

iv got some one claiming to have this but i got a red flag when he said that it has to be taken sublingually does any one know if this is true ?

Don't know if that is true but it sounds very fishy. Conformationally restrained compounds like this could be unstable but that is not necessarily the same as prone to destruction by first pass metabolism. I supposedly found one source too that might be the same, I see a reference that it apparently carries it although it is down for the moment so I cannot actually see. Let's not go into specifics though because vendor discussion is not allowed, I found it prudent to warn you this way but I said too much already.

Also, as long as this remains at a 'rumor' level I see no reason to add this to the list of official threads.

^if you mean tabs as in blotter paper I would steer clear. There isn't any blotter that I know of that can hold 50mgs of anything in one tab so it's more than likely not actually jimscaline. And if it is well the why the hell would anyone put it on blotter lol that seems silly

Well someone I know recently acquired two 50mg tabs and is eager to try them. Acouple people I know have done the same tabs and said to have had very good intense experience on both but said 1 would have been fine also...I read up on is somewhat and Shulgin only tested it up to the 35mg mark so Im not exactly sure if 50 is a good dosage...Any thoughts?

I don't think Shulgin ever tested jimscaline, it was invented by David Nichols at Purdue university.
Also 50-100 mg sounds a lttle bit low as it's supposed to be only 3 times as potent as mescaline.

50 mg would be like 150 mg Mecaline. is it possible it's TMA-2 or TMA-6 your freinds had?

it's much more likely that it's either Escaline or Allylescaline you have, as Jimscaline has never been available as far as I now. This is also why no one will be able to help you with your questions. So basicaly your on your own with this.

If you really want to now what your mystery compound is, send it of to something like http://www.ecstasydata.org/

It was thicker than paper and had a shine to it a little bit. I have read reports saying people have taken 2 of these and had a great time. But I have also read other places that it didn't really do much...so idk. I actually snapped a picture of them can I upload it or is that against the rules? Im new here..

it's not against the rules to upload a picture, BUT "identify threads" aren't allowed, meaning that it's completely impossible to identify a drug from it's appearance or from a description of it's effects.

As I said, no one can help you with this! But in my opinion, it's much more likely to either be Escaline or Allylescaline. One reason for the source to lie about what is in your tabs is to be able charge a higher price if he claims it's something rare.