• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The Dreams Megathread vs We Need To Go Deeper

i recommend melatonin as well. it always gives me intense dreams. but like others have said, taking control over the dreams is just something that takes practice. if you have the time to lay around in bed all morning, you might want to try taking melatonin halfway through your night, so that it's still affecting you in the morning when your body is rested.

if your dreams are boring you....maybe that might be an inward reflection of your own mind:\

Entaraa Rheedi or somthin, the african dream herb. Just having the seed around tend to give me mild nightmares, learned to like them partly because I was able to remember them soo well (no dream catcher for me) so the interpretation was a fun activity. I also sleep next to a notebook and a pencil.

Puntr said:
Well I don't know if it's just me but lately I've been taking my doses of 5-HTP and (no joke) I've had lucid dreams about 80% of the time I dream since I started taking it. Again, it could just be me, but worth a shot I say.
It's not just you. I noticed the effects myself when I started taking it the way it's intended, rather than taking it to preload for a roll. My dreams were very lucid and very weird.

KeisaCheeba said:
I have them fairly often ever since I was a child, which is why I'm so interested in it, but I was hanging out with this hippy who pulled out a big bag of some herb he told me promoted it but I can't remember what he said it was...and I have researched REM dreaming and the multiple ways of inducing them.

Fresh or dried rosemary (beside or under your pillow) is fantastic when I want to have lucid dreams. I've tried it several times, and it was awesome.
I mix it with a few drops of pure essential Lavender oil.

if you make tea with and/or smoke a little 'dream herb' (Calea Zacatechichi) it gives you some pretty wild lucid dream experiences apparently.

there is a guy who has a store on ebay that sells it. the store is called 'tranceplants'

^^exactly calea is what Ive got hold of lately and it is very marijuana like (in smell, taste) but far milder and legal but has definately had me dreaming very intensely and interestingly

sheepish486 said:
if you make tea with and/or smoke a little 'dream herb' (Calea Zacatechichi) it gives you some pretty wild lucid dream experiences apparently.

there is a guy who has a store on ebay that sells it. the store is called 'tranceplants'

sounds interesting, I'll have to give it a go

Can yall buy some tibetan quartz from ebay? Its easier to share good dreams especially when u give them out, but you always have to let your partner choose them. Also be careful of people overly depressed, its possible to have other peoples nightmares due to their repression. Also have you considered dreaming whike your awake? PLUR, welcome to the hundred acre hood!

"Sleep is the cousin of death"

Dreams about teeth falling out/getting loose

I've been having these for about 2 years now. Most of the time it's a dream where I'm feeling my front canine-like teeth (the fang ones on the side/front) with my tongue, and the more I press on one of them with my tongue, the looser it gets, and sometimes it just pops right out. That's usually the climax of the dream, where it culminates in pure horror as I imagine life without one or two of my front teeth even for a day. I really do wake up sweating.

The catalyst for this post was a dream I had last night that was so ridiculous that it was almost funny. I had a dream where I had those rubber-band things holding my teeth together in the back, and I was trying to open my mouth but I couldn't because of the rubber bands. Then I tried really hard and the worst possible thing happened: not only did all of my teeth explode out of my mouth, but they were attached to gums and everything, completely whole except for a couple of teeth bouncing off to the side. I lost not only my teeth but my whole mouth, is what it looked like on the ground. I woke up and never went back to sleep for the whole night, granted it was already 6.

My roommate says he gets the same type of dreams, where a tooth is loose. Anyone else?

My wife gets these dreams and has been getting them for years.

A lot of what's in that link is fairly accurate with regard to my mentality. The religious and otherwise traditional interpretations are obviously a reach, but the psychological things are really what I thought in the first place (although i admittedly also thought that my teeth might be falling out).

It means you're worried about time running out on something or time management issues.

my common negative dream element was (haven't had it in a while now) i'd find myself needing to use a toilet but the only ones i'd find have no privacy. it was really, REALLY regular for a time, but over time, my initial strong feelings of humiliation abated to the point of not caring about it.

like i said, i haven't had it in a while.

i have had these also in the past year, pretty fucking vividly too.

i have dreams about forgetting to wear pants in public, falling from the sky, being unprepared for high school trig, being shot, but i've never had one about teeth. will add it to the list.

i've had a bunch of dreams where a tooth comes out. I read the link L2R posted, and think it's crap. I've never been into dream analysis, however. if you sat me down and made me come up with possible explanations or some kind of reasoning to validate a deeper meaning, none of those suggestions in that link would ever come to mind. i tend to thrust my tongue against my teeth when i'm awake, and i know i do it in my sleep as well, because i can feel tension sometimes when i wake up. so there's my personal analysis- actual physical pressure triggers the dream. at least for me.