• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

The Dreams Megathread vs We Need To Go Deeper

I had horrible nightmares while I was on Zoloft. I would wake up crying and shaking several times each night. They were so horribly vivid and true.
I would say, evaluate current meds before starting new ones.

Know what you mean, man.....I spent months having really really bad dreams, and the only way I've got rid of them is through weed.

Now they are bizarre but not terrifying and weird and ominous.

Worked for me anyway, good luck cos I know how fucking bad dreams can get o_O

Studies have shown that you are statistically more likely to have a bad dream in a cold room.

Make sure the room is not too hot or too cold (15-19°C [60 65°F] is about right) and minimize noise and light.

should do wonders. call me in the morning :)

killarava2day said:
Smoke more weed... Nature's dream killer.

I'll have to third this. Whenever I smoke a little weed before I go to bed, I invariably forget my dreams. When I don't smoke I usually remember them(but not always).

Using chemicals to solve problems is usually a bad idea, but I wouldn't worry about dependency/addiction or the typical stuff you'd be worried about in this situation, especially if you're only going to be using a very small amount of pot around bed time so you'll be able to sleep peacefully.

It sounds like you are in some real pain, which is the only reason I advocate the use of a chemical(even though it's 'only weed') as a solution. I wish you the best.

KemicalBurn said:
^
thats counter-productive :p

If all other non-chemical methods have been exhausted, then explain to me how taking one toke before bed every night is going to be "counter-productive" if it stops the nightmares?

I take the pragmatic approach that if you can't cure the source, then at least cure the symptom.

I doubt all non-chemical means have been trialed.

exercise has also shown to reduce nightmares. but it needs to be established if they are nightmares (REM) or night terrors (N-REM).

The weirdest/most disturbing dream you ever had?

Aight i remember a whiel back i did a thread "what did you dream last night" in the lounge but this ones more serious i guess. that was just anything here i wanna hear about more personal shit.

I have some weird dreams that are just plain weird, and some thats weird AND disturbing. shit that leaves me in a cold sweat or feelin weird and uncomfortable or uneasy when i wake up.

So everybody tries to analyze their dreams and shit and its mostly bullshit esp if its that new age shit 'spiritual" whatever where _____ means ______, a snake symbolizes anxiety of death, or etc, dreamin abotu teeth means youre stressed out, etc.

But there IS defintely some kind of meaning in dreams, in what is goin thru your mind that you repress from your head in awake time, gets out and into your dreams in sleep time.

thats more concrete than analyzing symbols or some shit like that. like if youre woried of death you get dreams of dying all the time.

your dreams are like a bookreport of whatever happened that day, little bits and pieces. so sometimes the "meaing" of a dream aint shit. just a jumble of your brain processing all the shit that passed thru it that day and throwin out what it dont need. dreams are like your brain's poop, all the extras that aint neccessary lol.

i DO believe you can have predicting dreams cuz ive had them before many times.

sometimes its directly what happens sometimes its figurative.

For example.

one time i had a dream that i was chillin with my homie and i said somethin like "nah i like his music but i hate Biggies personality" and he whipped out a gat and popped me in the chest for saying that. so i got shot and then he keeps hittin me on my chest like "it hurts even more now dont it." and when i wanted to go to the hopsital he wouldnt help get me there he told me to walk.

A few weeks later i got in a huge beef with him over some really stupid shit that was out of nowhere, he just wigged out . then tried to disrespect me. i was always on the level with him as a person not just another chick.

but he started sayin shit like you aitn shit to me you might been the coolest chick i ever met but you aint shit, the truth is i only care about your man, HES my best friend, hes my homie, if you died i wouldnt give a shit, i would still have him, but if he died you still wouldnt mean shit, i would still wish it was you who died not him, you just his girl, etc.

Which none of it is true so it didnt faze me... he always would get drunk and emotional like "youre 2 of my best friends, i love you both, girl i love you cuz we think alike, you a pimp, you hustle like no chick i ever met etc" we used to hustle together and all that shit.
but he was just tryina lash out and say shit to try and hurt me cuz of what he was mad about.

then i had nowhere to go cuz i was stayin at his crib that night and he still made me bounce liek too fuckin bad, fuck you, get outta my house, i aint helpin you for shit.

So maybe im just reading to much meaning into that dream but it does have alot of parallells in it to what happened not too much later.

Anyways.....

A. What is the weirdest dream/s you ever had?
B. what is the most weird/disturbing/upsetting dream/s you ever had?
C. what do you think they meant , or do you see no meaning in them and you just had a weird overactive subconscious the night you had them.

Last edited:
aw bustin my bubble.

im chillen how u doin dawg. shit i was like no more cat loaf? damn. hahaha. good to see u back

The most disturbing dream I had was 2 weeks ago, I had dream I was at this place siting at a table eating and drinking, then I realize two of people at my table are my enemy, that they have drugged my drink and food and once I pass out they will kill me, after realising this I check my pocket to take out my knife to stab one of them, but I can't find my knife.

I was the size on an ant on a tile kitchem floor, with black and white tiles. There are large spheres lying about. A taradactal comes out of the sky an picks me up.

I'm staying in a hotel with Ben Browder/John Crichton. My mother is staying in the room next door (go away, mom!). I seem to be romantically interested in John, and feel very anxious because I want us to fuck but I haven't been waxed recently and I NEED TO SHAVE MY PUSSY, but I HATE shaved pussies! But I don't want to be all hairy for John! Alot of the dream revolves around me trying to get a little time alone so I can slyly go shave myself into pussy perfection. I recall much anxiety on this topic. So, I guess I shave my pussy (I don't remember it, but let's presume), and then John and I fuck. Sadly, I don't believe the actual sex part was dreamed -- it just happened, but I didn't get to experience it in detail (alas!). Anyway it was good and John was snuggling me and I was happy. Then he starts ignoring me! And he moves all of his stuff out of our room! I freak out, as I want him, and I want to FUCK him again, and he's being very indifferent. So I rant internally about how indifference is the worst thing ever, and I'd rather that John be angry at me and hate, because angry sex is hot, and anything is better than being ignored. I don't remember much after this, but I don't believe the John thing is resolved.

(I had this dream a few weeks ago)

I have lots of weird and wonderful dreams. There is one that I used to get every once in a while, but not recently. I find it disturbing because I think it's a warning about my psychological state.

I'm hiking up a mountain, sometimes alone, sometimes with other people, when I suddenly fall to my hands and knees and vomit up dirt and grass. You know that feeling when you bite of more than you can chew? Well it's like that, my mouth is full of dirt and turf and even though I keep spitting it out, there is always more.

I can speak, I can't do anything else. It feels like I'm going to be spitting up dirt for eternity. I mouth is eternally blocked.

I looked up the meaning on an internet site and their interpretation is that this is a dream you get when you have been telling too may lies. Thing is, I'm not a big liar, so I think the dream represents the things I feel I cannot say.

Thankfully, I haven't had this dream for a long while.

I don't often have disturbing dreams - I rarely remember them at all. But I do have a recurring one which I find really unsettling.

It seems to pop up every time I move house, or at least every move where I like where I'm living and don't want to leave. The dream is pretty simple - basically that I go back to the old house for some reason forgetting that I don't live there anymore and get sprung by whoever lives there now. Nothing much even happens in the dream other than me freaking out and trying to hide, but it's always unbelievably vivid and I always have to reassure myself when I wake up that it didn't actually happen. I think the meaning of the dream is pretty obvious - I resent having moved and don't want anyone else living in my old house.

It's pretty lame really - but my dreams are always about mundane boring stuff. I don't think I've had a really bizarre dream (that i remember anyway) since I was a kid. But it's the feeling that accompanies the dream that freaks me out the most, and my most disturbing dreams have always shared this - that something's just wrong.

I wish my dreams were more like dreams, and less full of boring crap 8(

I had sex with my mom in one of my dreams.

I only spent 2 therapy sessions on that though.

Most if not all of my dreams are disturbing: They always have one section involving me being persecuted/chased by someone/thing, usually me trying to kill someone or others trying to kill me. Usually involve guns and a lot of panic (that weird feeling like you have to get out but you can't, you just keep running).

Lat nights for example: I'm trapped in a house with a friend or something and I'm trying to pick off this sniper in a window of the house across the street, but my rifle is in pieces in a case and this old man in the house won't give it to me. Then there was some scene with a basement renovation, just empty concrete floor and stud walls and insulation. Then I dreamt I was on this party bus that took us to 3 major party houses, I drank in the first huge house and went exploring in it, then I met people who knew me but I didn't know, and 3 guys offered to smoke me up but I turned them down in fear of getting caught. Then we went to the last party house, was smaller and I don't remember what happened there.

Then I dreamed I was on drugs, i was seeing all these really vibrant patterns and glowing objects, like huge colored splotches of super bright/super intense colored light that moved around. Yellow things were coming out of my imaginary bed post and leaving powdered yellow trails and everything took on this surreal effect, very hard to describe (in this part of the dream I was in bed instead of walking around). The color intensity was like nothing I had seen in reality.

Rationale for this dream: Saw lord of war last week(guns), Saw Garden State lat night (party house), Went on pub crawl on Friday (bus to 3 bars, not 3 party houses), best friend of 10 years moved to Vancouver this morning, drank absinthe and smoked 2 cigars last night until drunk (inspiration for hallucination sequence?).

Why do I never dream about sex or women?