• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How would you describe what it feels like to be "high" on fentanyl?

Bupe

Bluelighter
I find fentanyl to be very strange. I can shoot .25mg and just feel an overall dulled feeling a minute later. No rush at all and no powerful effect if you compare to other opiates at a fentanyl equivalent dosage. Wearing a couple patches does this a couple hours in too soi I use this routes. What does it do for you and how do you do it?

When I used to use fentanil, I always would cut the patch into 4 strips and slide them in etween my gums/teeth and cheeks. Buccally(sp?) I guess is my ROA. I always found a nice warm content opiate feeling to come on 20 minutes after dosing. By an hours time, I will be nodding hard. Its verysedating for me, plus for some reason makes me annoyingly itchie. I uuse the large ones though (100mcg).

I have a massive dilaudid tolerance so fentanil is the only thing left that will getme high, and Ido a whole 100mcg patch at once. I used to use these alot but since I started trying to cut back, its been a while. I have had 6-7 patches just sitting on my dresser for weeks. Fentanil raises my tolerance too much and my goal right now is to lower it.

it feels like a more muscle relaxing morphine to me, if that helps

I've only had fent once but I really enjoyed the "floaty" feel it gave me.

The amazing thing is that it actually WORKED on me! I've been on dilaudid for close to 2 years now and my opiate tolerance is so high almost nothing has an effect on me... Even my beloved dillies have lost their shine, but it's all I got since that's what the doc gives me...

Anyway the point is that last month a ran across one fent patch and plugged it and, much to my surprise and delight, it had an effect on me, and a nice one at that.

*sigh* I know people treat dilaudid like gold around here, but I'd gladly give them up for fent - that stuff is quite tasty.

I wore one for 3 days and it made me feel like I was on a Coke high for two days then a dull morphine ending.

and it completely killed my tolerance to vis..I was taking 60-90 mg a day of hydro..after one 50 mcg patch...it was 120 min.

It made me sleepy and couchbound.. a little on the weird end.. I almost want to call it the psychadelic of opoids.. but.. I am not a fan!

Iam a regular methadone and diamorphine user and I was recently in hospital where they gave me fenatyl being the first time I had this I tried to fight it but it was like nothing else I have experienced since my opioid affair started this was the pinnacle of any analgesic high but I have tried to find since being discharged from hospital with no luck at all , and can't seem to reach that euphoria again. Devastated but until the next time I suppose what iam taking will have to do !!

I have worn the fent patch as directed, put a heat pack on it, put the gel under my tongue, ate the gel, smoked it and even snorted frozen gel. I can honestly say that fent is useless for getting high off as it has absolutely no euphoria at all and certainly can't come close to Morphine or Dilaudid or even Oxycodone or lousy old Demerol for getting high. After a few tries trying to get high on the stuff i gave up and just wore the patch as prescribed. So in short it is by far the best painkiller i have had but is not much better then codeine (if at all) for getting high.

Also fucking around with fent has killed many a BLer so i would strongly advise not taking it unless you are taking it in it's prescribed manner for pain

I don't think it really gets you high imo.

The effects seem to be more sedation than anything else. If you are sick, it will stop that but that is about it.

I have had a rx for fentynal patches for quite some time and I am beginning to find them rather useless. The pain relief was decent at first and I liked the simplicity but other than that it seemed to lack the analgesic effects other opiates would provide.

So all in all it is a rather subtle drug that really slows down the cns which puts people at high risk for overdose as they seem to expect a huge high due to it being a potent medication. So you won't feel much if you abuse it or use it properly. I think if you abuse it, you really should not expect that much from it other than some pain relief and relief from sickness. So please be careful.

In response to your question regarding the feeling Fentantyl gives you, I agree with the people who’ve said it gives you a dull feeling. I myself didn’t know I was buying Fentanyl; I thought it was H. I remember snorting two bags and it did take the sickness away. When I got home I injected two more and a few minutes later I fell very tired and fell asleep only to wake up with THE WORST CASE OF COTTONMOUTH EVER. And to boot, I didn’t feel the effects anymore. Around my way, ever dealer is either selling straight Fent. or H laced with Fent. because it’s cheaper and more potent. I would advise people I stay away from snorting or injecting Fent. Now I have worn the patches which delivers a smooth stream over time. I don’t know what the difference of ROA between wearing the patch or using a bag of it. Hope this helps

Just curious, as I would NEVER even touch Heroin or IV ANY drug, let alone Fentanyl, but isn't using Fent just basically a death wish?

I mean do people who have access to pure Heroin REALLY choose to use Fent over it and if so, why?

Is it cheaper?

I mean I heard Fent is like 50 times stronger than Heroin so arent you guys all just thinking that you could die anytime you use it?

I mean I've always been for full legalization of ALL drugs including Heroin, but Fent is the first I actually think should be illegal.

I'd say it should be illegal to sell or give away, but not to use, but you should have to go to rehab if caught with it.

I mean I have no issue with people putting whatever they want into their own bodies even if it kills them, but I knew a guy (not well at all, only met him once but he was close to my family) who was a heroin user and probably the only reason he OD'd and died was that it had Fent in it and I doubt he knew.

The idea that you could take something you don't intentionally want to take that could kill you cause it's mixed with something you DO want to take is where I draw the line with what I think is acceptable.

I've never taken any fent, as far as I know anyways, but for people I know who have, 99% of them would agree with the two posters right above you. Great if you're actually in pain, but little value otherwise, especially when you factor in just how fucking dangerous it is trying to get a high. Have never heard anything that's convinced me that it's worth seeking out, so I don't bother. All the more so with the tidal wave of great H washing into the U.S. Picked up for myself and a friend a bit ago, and she texted me before I had dipped into the bag to say what boiled down to "OH LAAAAWD", so of course I wasn't wasting any time, and OH LAAAAWD WOOOWEEE

Edit: I don't and have never been an IV user, for anyone possibly curious

Second edit: Myco, what makes you think changing it's legal status one way or another would accomplish? Prohibition doesn't work, and it never will unless there were some very drastic changes in the way the world and the people in it behave

Last edited:
I've never taken any fent, as far as I know anyways, but for people I know who have, 99% of them would agree with the two posters right above you. Great if you're actually in pain, but little value otherwise, especially when you factor in just how fucking dangerous it is trying to get a high. Have never heard anything that's convinced me that it's worth seeking out, so I don't bother. All the more so with the tidal wave of great H washing into the U.S. Picked up for myself and a friend a bit ago, and she texted me before I had dipped into the bag to say what boiled down to "OH LAAAAWD", so of course I wasn't wasting any time, and OH LAAAAWD WOOOWEEE

Edit: I don't and have never been an IV user, for anyone possibly curious

Second edit: Myco, what makes you think changing it's legal status one way or another would accomplish? Prohibition doesn't work, and it never will unless there were some very drastic changes in the way the world and the people in it behave

Yeah you are right I mean I'm not for prohibition either that's why it took a lot for me to even say that. I guess what would REALLY be better is for Heroin to be legal/decriminalized but every user can take their product to go get it tested or better yet, I'm sure they could get their own kits to test it themselves for whether or not it is cut with Fent or anything else.

It's just the idea of not knowing what could be in someone's drugs that seems so fucked up.

That's also why my idea was that using could be legal but not selling it.

But in reality, I guess I wouldn't even have an issue with someone KNOWINGLY using Fent because I just feel that everyone should be allowed to do what they want with their own body as long as they are in a safe place, not driving and are an adult...it's the NOT knowing what you are taking that's fucked up.

But if there was no stigma for being a drug user people would probably just easily test their drugs and avoid Fentanyl or anything else they didn't want to take so I suppose that could solve the problem.

It's just that putting something in someone's drugs is poisoning them and is just straight up murder and so I would say the guy I knew was pretty much murdered and that's just not ok.

Yeah, I kinda figured that's where you were coming from after re-reading your post, and I agree with pretty much everything you just said. If I knew someone who got into habitual fent use, I would admittedly worry about them. Not that any drug abuse by friends doesn't cause some worry, just as mine causes it in them, but the stuff is just so potent, not to mention carfent and other even more ridiculously potent analogues.

Definitely agree on any dealer that knowingly misrepresents their product, regardless of what it is supposed to be/actually is, it's so fucked up. Sociopathic behavior to be sure, not to condemn all people who exhibit such behavior, as a rather large percentage of those that do lead normal lives, if what I've read is true. Ugh

The Fentanyl patch was the first long-acting opiate that I was prescribed, back in 1999 or 2000. I was in the midst of an extremely severe and prolonged migraine at the time, so I was only taking it for pain relief. I suppose I had a tiny bit of the “floaty” feeling that someone described, but maybe that had more to do with it being the first time I ever took a long-acting opiate. (Prior to that I’d only taken short-acting Codiene).

I was prescribed the 75 mcg. patch. It worked okay for my pain, although I do recall still having a fair amount of pain, even with the patch. Even back then, I’d heard that Fentanyl was supposed to be very strong, and I recall being disappointed that it didn’t do more for my severe pain.

I had to change the patch every 48 hours instead of every 72 hours. I’ve read that it’s common for the patch to only last for 48 hours of pain relief.

I will say that the Fentanyl patch is the only opiate that has ever caused me any nausea, which was annoying. The other really annoying side effect was extreme dry mouth. I had to drink water constantly! My patch also seemed to kick in almost as soon as I applied it, which is odd, because I was using it exactly as prescribed.

I think I was on the patch for two weeks before I saw my doctor again. I recall telling him that the patch wasn’t working too well for my pain and the nausea and extreme dry mouth were very annoying side effects. I was then put on OxyContin and later morphine, both of which worked better for my pain, without the side effects. Same with Dilaudid, which I was switched to years later.

I really don’t think it’s worth it to try to get high on Fentanyl. I’ve been really horrified to hear about all of the overdoses and adulteration with Fentanyl in recent years. It just seems too dangerous, especially if it’s street Fentanyl and you don’t even know what or how much you’re getting.