• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dextromethorphan: Good or Bad???

I use it to get to Plateau 2.

I find that DXM trips are therapeutic for when you are in a depressed rut. Broke up with girlfriend for instance. A good trip, in my experience, jolts me out of the depressed rut where I keep dwelling on bad thoughts.

I hope to try Ketamine someday once I get a connect. I have no social life so I won't be getting a connect soon. Hopefully once I start getting out and socializing. lol.

EDIT: My store sells an alcohol-free DXM syrup. I find that alcohol dirties a DXM trip. I like the trips from alcohol-free concoctions much better.

I'm a fan of this one. Granted, it's the only dissociative I have ever done (although I might be getting some 4-meo-pcp to play with soon =D), but even if it is the lowliest of all recreational dissociatives, I enjoy DXM more than any psychedelic. The vomiting and vertigo from hell I experience on the comedown discourage me from taking it more than once every couple of months, but the upper third/fourth plateaus make it worth it all that shit.

And I'd buy some ketamine if I could, dammit. But for now at least, such purchasing connections elude me.

After my last robo trip I tweaked and then tried jerking it. Over 12 hours of trying and then I didn't even feel the finish at all. I've never sweat so much in my life, I was completely drenched and so were my clothes.

DXM can be a very good experience. I always enjoyed walking around at night with headphones in, listening to music. What I did not enjoy is the way I felt the entire next day; it always made my jaw chatter even though I wasn't cold. I've done it probably 30-40 times, but I doubt I'll do it again. After experiencing real psychedelics I have no need for DXM.

I am much happier when I see kids drinking cough syrup then I am when I see these kids shootin dope in the bathroom at some ghetto gas station....

But I still personally think DXM is one of those one time experiences where EVERYONE needs to take a 1gram dxm trip at least once in their life.

More than 10 times in a year is pointless, more than 10 times in a life is pointless I feel, although like I said , its very interesting at high doses, where you get to the point of living multiple realities in various environments, where you keep having these 1 minute miniature trips that seem to last a lifetime, or several lifetimes, thats AWESOME, but again, just once in your life.

DXM was more profound for me than high dose ketamine... I don't think I've ever had a drug that induced more profound experiences than DXM... I'll never forget my first time on it... Was listening to Oleander with my eyes closed and suddenly was on a roller coaster... could feel the gravity shifts, the wind blowing in my face... I swear I could even smell the crisp air... Every time the song would build, I'd fly up the roller coaster and when it would hit the top of that peak, I'd stop for a second before riding it on down...

I would rather people be doing DXM than most things - if I could still get fucked up on DXM I'd take it over almost anything else any day.

Personally, I think it's an amazing drug, 2nd plateau can be really recreational if you take it with friends or w/e, and 3rd plateau can just be..... totally out there. Plus it's unscheduled and available within 1 mile of just about anyone on this forum.

I accidentally started a cough syrup cult in a small group of squatters, including me at the time, my good friend and myself became the leaders(we were keepers of the squat house everyone was using too) because i started him dexing and i had a lot previous experience with it, i guess.

only place i felt in any disease was at raves while dexing because i got (actually) dehydrated about every 2 minutes.

i used dxm to replace ecstasy after i built up a tolerance, i started using it daily around that time, i had done it before hand anyway.

Ok, so I've read the orgasm dysfunction bit but nobody has mentioned:

THE RAUNCHY FARTS OF DEXTRO M.

It was my understanding that DXM was the trailer-park dissociative.

Ketamine - Top Class dissociative
Nitrous - Circus Funhouse dissociative
PCP - Dissociative on crack+steroids
DXM - Trailer Park dissociative

This of course is just one system of labels amongst many ;)

I've done DXM 6 times. All were during this Summer, the last being 3 weeks ago, and all but one were 3rd plat. Every time was awesome, but it started to lose the magic towards the end. I don't plan on doing it unless I can actually buy it, so that won't be for about a year. DXM trips for me were so intense. The first time I did it with my friends, we all said that it was overwhelmingly intense, but not in a bad way. On some occasions when I tripped alone I would actually think I was different people.

Once I thought I was Michael Scott from The Office, another time I was some prince. I guess you could say that's not really a normal thing to think, but others that have done it agreed that it has happened to them too. The days after I would have the best afterglows, lasting all day. The afterglow to me was like a different drug in itself, so great. It sucks that some people get hangovers from the stuff.

I get quite the opposite of a hangover... the day after DXM I am loaded with energy. One thing I miss greatly.

I never tried DXM for recreational puppose, but sound interesting. Can anyone give me an idea on the dosage required for a good trip?

I tried DXM once and hated it. Bleurgh :|

It was pure powder HCL bought online. Only took about a relatively low dose and it just got me really fucked up, and not in a good way. Felt poisoned for about 12 hrs, and the 'afterglow' the next day was almost as bad, couldn't funtion properly at work and still had messed up vision, not fun at all!

Felt like this stuff would really mess your brain up from prolonged use. I prefer just about any other drug I've tried to this, even speed which was my most hated drug before DXM! But YMMV ;)

^ I agree with the above, tried the DXM Hcl bought off the internet at 250mg and it was the worst drug experience i've had to! date hours and hours of nastyness :p

Its ok tho as I can get as much ketamine as i'll ever need :)

like alcohol, dex is an amazing drug that is also a major risk, very dangerous and very unhealthy

TOTAL bullshit post right there. Its probably THE safest of the disassociatives...

Agreed on this.

Ketamine feels absolutely clean and positive to me, it's a good bit of awesomeness. Pretty hard not to redose, but nothing compared to when having a bunch of nitrous and also being on nitrous lol.

DXM lasts so long most people do not redose it.

^ I agree with the above, tried the DXM Hcl bought off the internet at 250mg and it was the worst drug experience i've had to! date hours and hours of nastyness :p

Its ok tho as I can get as much ketamine as i'll ever need :)

Doses that low mostly consist of negative sides. Try 500-700mg with music if you ever wanna get it more properly.

Orgasm issues the result of serotonin reuptake inhibition

I think the ejaculation issues are the result of DXM's serotonin reuptake inhibition. SSRIs commonly cause the same issue. Excess serotonin must hang around for a day or so after the NMDA antagonism wears off.

Not that long ago I had to just give up during sex one night after I had taken DXM earlier in the day because there was no way it was going to happen at vagina-level stimulation. This was after going five days without an orgasm. The next day I used aMT, MDAI, and Adderall and got very turned on. I decided I was going to have a damned orgasm because I couldn't think about anything but sex. I told my friend, who was tripping on aMT, of my dilemma, and that he would have to take a walk - I'd call him about an hour. If he hadn't left when he did I just might've turned gay. I had some business to take care of.

It took about 35 minutes and felt super sensual, both physically and psychologically, but holy god, after you chip away at that orgasm dam enough finally a deluge comes gushing forth! I got tunnel vision it was so intense. I had to lay by a fan, covered in sweat with my heart beating through my chest, laughing like a maniac, for about 5 minutes before I finally calmed down. I went to the bathroom because I thought I might have burst a blood vessel in my eyes, but I didn't. Shit, a heart attack or stroke didn't seem that far away. If I didn't work out regularly I'm sure I would have passed out or worse before I finished.

It was hard, dangerous work, with an experiential payoff that just barely justified the risk and effort. I'll never attempt it again, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to test the limits of my body's ability to handle high pressure pleasure. Next time I'll just take some ketamine. That always seems to assuage the libido.

Last edited:
Physical exertion on any kind of serotonin reuptake inhibitor or releaser makes me overheat easily. That's one of the reasons my little beat off story above seemed so risky after the fact. Any strenuous exercise would be uncomfortable at best and deadly at worst.

My trips are so profound and euhphoric (i feel like a genious) ive caught my self actuly crying a bit too, maybe it has a different effect other people, but for me its such a beautiful expierence i just never want it to end, but i dont suggest doing often because it DOES become addicting, youl just wanna keep going back to that mindstate.

And has anyone seen "A Scanner Darkly"??? The way the movie describes Substance D seems to be alot like Dextromethorphan, i just thought that was interesting