View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dextromethorphan: Good or Bad???

Burnout999

Greenlighter
I was once an addict to the drug Dextromethorphan, believe it or not yes i was an addict, wich was like a year and a half ago but now i keep meeting tons of teens in my area that are on it and obsessed with it. To me thats scary, yes DXM is very phsycadelic and can have you thinking in ways that you never thought you could think before, but its also very VERY dangerous to be choking down bottles of robbotussin and delsym or a box of coricidin all the time. I'm just speaking from expeierence, i watched one of my best friends turn blue and almost die on me, from Coricidin, and he hasnt been the same sence. I dont blame people for trying it because it is very euphoric and fun, but damn i never knew it would be so popular among all these youngsters. What are yalls thoughts??? and is it as dangerous as i think it is????

The behavior exhibited by kids who raid the medicine cabinet to get high is dangerous. DXM itself isn't much more dangerous than most drugs. The problem is that these kids don't know what they're doing in general, not that they've chosen DXM (which is safer than, say, DPH or nutmeg or solvents).

DPH isn't really dangerous... just extremely unpleasant....

DXM - I was addicted myself... If I could still trip off of it (I've done it so much that now it just makes me feel drunk and fucks my vision up and leaves me with a pounding heart and no trip) I would probably still be doing it... I've had visions on DXM that are absolutely incredible. I mean I can't think of too many drugs that you could watch Isis walk out of your wall in broad daylight... while still having your ego intact and being able to see everything else in the room without distortion...

Corricidin and the wrong DXM mix is the problem... I used to take DM... Guaifenisin isn't the worst thing you could put in your body... until I discovered the alcohol delivery system of Robo Max Cough...

DXM itself seems to have a pretty high safety profile although if you have high blood pressure or heart problems it could be dangerous. Otherwise... take too much and you knock yourself out - but you REALLY have to take a lot... Or do multiple sigma doses... Either way, I don't think I suffered any long term damage from it unlike my MDMA usage.

Well im the same way, if i take it now i have to take atleast 2 and a half bottls of delsym to trip good enough, i still dont have the same effect that i used to have, but I HAVE had some long term damages from it like, my social skills are definately thrown off, my stomach cant handel alchohol like i it used to could, my seratonin is squeezed dry and well the only good thing its done is opened my mind in its own way

All of that goes away... I was in a cloud for months after I quit dex... Cloud didn't actually lift until the first time I did MDMA to be honest. Then I became social again (even more social than before).

The stomach heals too - ginger helps. I was eating ginger and drinking Reed's Ginger Beer for a few weeks. Stomach healed. But yeah DXM definitely messes with the stomach.

GOOD! best drug ever made. i went to rehab for DXM, its nice to know that im not alone in the DXM addiction

My opinion of DXM is pretty negative. I was suffering from pretty heavy hangovers after each trip which tended to last over a day.

DXMkid, I think you're unique to your actual degree of addiction though.

I've only tripped about 20 times, don't think I'll ever do it again because the hangover was too heavy and draining.

DPH isn't really dangerous... just extremely unpleasant....

DPH is for sure dangerous at high doses, it isn't just unpleasant. I'd say the dangers increase drastically when you get closer to 1k mgs, but still it is definitely pretty bad for your body at any of the higher doses. I'm pretty sure it had some dangerous effects on me at 700 mgs and that is the main reason I've avoided trying it again.

Last edited:
let me tell you somethin kids
dxm is bad, mmkay.
i hated it, and most of the people ive known to enjoy it have been retards.
type in DXM into youtube and youll see why its bad lulz
HARHARHAR I MAKE VIDYAS OF MYSELF TRIPPIN ON COUGH MEDICINE

If you're going to take some DXM at least be safe about it so you don't have to worry about other stuff killing you :)

I never liked DXM. Didn't get many visuals, and just felt sick. I'm going to try it again in the future (it's on my "Drug To Do" list, but not very high on it) so hopefully I can change this "Bad" to "Good".

I never liked DXM. Didn't get many visuals, and just felt sick. I'm going to try it again in the future (it's on my "Drug To Do" list, but not very high on it) so hopefully I can change this "Bad" to "Good".

Same here. I doubt I'll ever end up really liking it much though, just seems like there are so many better drugs out there. Same reason I don't drink often.

DXM is amazing if used properly. Try using it in a shamanic fashion. It can be very healing & show you great things. And what I mean by that is use it all by yourself, at night, in a pitch black room while you lay down with your eyes closed for the duration of the experience.

I've had some amazing experiences with it so far & look forward to many more. It has shown me great visions & I have connected to the consciousness of the Universe while on large doses. It has taken me out further than most other substances/plants I've used. Even further than my oral DMT experiences. Not to mention it makes music sound absolutely amazing! For me it makes music sound just as good, if not better, than when I'm on LSD, Mescaline, or LSA.

DONT HATE THE SUBSTANCE JUST BECAUSE IT HATES YOU. It just doesnt want to show you what its capable of.

ROBO FOR LYFE, DAWG!!!

tairy-greene.jpg

:D /golfclap

I used to love Robo dude, ketamine and DXM are my favorite hallucinogens. They seem to be the only ones that taught me about myself, while psychedelics seemed less introspective even when going in the same mindset.

Each there own.

There's only one ill effects of DXM that I can't stand. You see, DXM has this strange effect. For the next few days after you do it, you will be extremely horny and easily aroused. However, you will not be able to ejaculate.

If DXM didn't have this effect, I'd love it so much more.

DXM will have me unable to orgasm for 3 days to a week, each and every time. How do I counteract this? I am unable to ejaculate at all. I might have something that feels like an orgasm, but is very faint. Like reaching very close, but not quite.

I've tried for an entire hour with no luck. I also get extremely sweaty if I try to ejaculate after DXM.

Any remedies for this? Is there an antidote?

No...you mean YOU cant get off. I've never had that problem and have never heard of anyone else having that problem.

Dont go around telling other people they wont be able to get off just because they use DXM.

Sounds like you have a personal problem there, Chief. And stop playing with your dingie so much.

8)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dxm+"can't+cum"

This is not an uncommon problem.

I enjoy the occasional use of DXM. It is one of the easiest substances to acquire because you can buy it in stores. That is why it is popular among teens. Generally teenagers are irresponsible. Thus some teenagers that use DXM use it irresponsibly. I do wish they didn't though. I wish that as an adult in my early twenties I could buy Zicam at the pharmacy without catching dirty looks from the people working there. But no, every time they scan DXM containing products a paper shoots out of the register that says "prevent teenage cough medicine abuse".

dxm causing anorgasmia in men is a very well known side effect. use it to your advantage. :)