Bluelight

Thread: Dextromethorphan: Good or Bad???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

MDMA & Empathogenic Drugs
    Science & Technology
    DXM was more profound for me than high dose ketamine... I don't think I've ever had a drug that induced more profound experiences than DXM... I'll never forget my first time on it... Was listening to Oleander with my eyes closed and suddenly was on a roller coaster... could feel the gravity shifts, the wind blowing in my face... I swear I could even smell the crisp air... Every time the song would build, I'd fly up the roller coaster and when it would hit the top of that peak, I'd stop for a second before riding it on down...

I would rather people be doing DXM than most things - if I could still get fucked up on DXM I'd take it over almost anything else any day.

2. Collapse Details

Personally, I think it's an amazing drug, 2nd plateau can be really recreational if you take it with friends or w/e, and 3rd plateau can just be..... totally out there. Plus it's unscheduled and available within 1 mile of just about anyone on this forum.

3. Collapse Details

I accidentally started a cough syrup cult in a small group of squatters, including me at the time, my good friend and myself became the leaders(we were keepers of the squat house everyone was using too) because i started him dexing and i had a lot previous experience with it, i guess.

only place i felt in any disease was at raves while dexing because i got (actually) dehydrated about every 2 minutes.

i used dxm to replace ecstasy after i built up a tolerance, i started using it daily around that time, i had done it before hand anyway.

4. Collapse Details

Ok, so I've read the orgasm dysfunction bit but nobody has mentioned:

THE RAUNCHY FARTS OF DEXTRO M.

It was my understanding that DXM was the trailer-park dissociative.

Ketamine - Top Class dissociative
    Nitrous - Circus Funhouse dissociative
    PCP - Dissociative on crack+steroids
    DXM - Trailer Park dissociative

This of course is just one system of labels amongst many

5. Collapse Details

I've done DXM 6 times. All were during this Summer, the last being 3 weeks ago, and all but one were 3rd plat. Every time was awesome, but it started to lose the magic towards the end. I don't plan on doing it unless I can actually buy it, so that won't be for about a year. DXM trips for me were so intense. The first time I did it with my friends, we all said that it was overwhelmingly intense, but not in a bad way. On some occasions when I tripped alone I would actually think I was different people.

Once I thought I was Michael Scott from The Office, another time I was some prince. I guess you could say that's not really a normal thing to think, but others that have done it agreed that it has happened to them too. The days after I would have the best afterglows, lasting all day. The afterglow to me was like a different drug in itself, so great. It sucks that some people get hangovers from the stuff.

6. Collapse Details

Science & Technology
    I get quite the opposite of a hangover... the day after DXM I am loaded with energy. One thing I miss greatly.

7. Collapse Details

I never tried DXM for recreational puppose, but sound interesting. Can anyone give me an idea on the dosage required for a good trip?

8. Collapse Details

I tried DXM once and hated it. Bleurgh

It was pure powder HCL bought online. Only took about a relatively low dose and it just got me really fucked up, and not in a good way. Felt poisoned for about 12 hrs, and the 'afterglow' the next day was almost as bad, couldn't funtion properly at work and still had messed up vision, not fun at all!

Felt like this stuff would really mess your brain up from prolonged use. I prefer just about any other drug I've tried to this, even speed which was my most hated drug before DXM! But YMMV

9. Collapse Details

^ I agree with the above, tried the DXM Hcl bought off the internet at 250mg and it was the worst drug experience i've had to! date hours and hours of nastyness

Its ok tho as I can get as much ketamine as i'll ever need

10. Collapse Details

like alcohol, dex is an amazing drug that is also a major risk, very dangerous and very unhealthy

11. Collapse Details

Science & Technology
    Quote Originally Posted by leiphos View Post
    like alcohol, dex is an amazing drug that is also a major risk, very dangerous and very unhealthy
    TOTAL bullshit post right there. Its probably THE safest of the disassociatives...

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MagickalKat777 View Post
    TOTAL bullshit post right there. Its probably THE safest of the disassociatives...
    Agreed on this.

Ketamine feels absolutely clean and positive to me, it's a good bit of awesomeness. Pretty hard not to redose, but nothing compared to when having a bunch of nitrous and also being on nitrous lol.

DXM lasts so long most people do not redose it.

Quote Originally Posted by D'n'BRaver View Post
    ^ I agree with the above, tried the DXM Hcl bought off the internet at 250mg and it was the worst drug experience i've had to! date hours and hours of nastyness

Its ok tho as I can get as much ketamine as i'll ever need

Doses that low mostly consist of negative sides. Try 500-700mg with music if you ever wanna get it more properly.

13. Collapse Details
    Orgasm issues the result of serotonin reuptake inhibition 
    Bluelighter
    I think the ejaculation issues are the result of DXM's serotonin reuptake inhibition. SSRIs commonly cause the same issue. Excess serotonin must hang around for a day or so after the NMDA antagonism wears off.

Not that long ago I had to just give up during sex one night after I had taken DXM earlier in the day because there was no way it was going to happen at vagina-level stimulation. This was after going five days without an orgasm. The next day I used aMT, MDAI, and Adderall and got very turned on. I decided I was going to have a damned orgasm because I couldn't think about anything but sex. I told my friend, who was tripping on aMT, of my dilemma, and that he would have to take a walk - I'd call him about an hour. If he hadn't left when he did I just might've turned gay. I had some business to take care of.

It took about 35 minutes and felt super sensual, both physically and psychologically, but holy god, after you chip away at that orgasm dam enough finally a deluge comes gushing forth! I got tunnel vision it was so intense. I had to lay by a fan, covered in sweat with my heart beating through my chest, laughing like a maniac, for about 5 minutes before I finally calmed down. I went to the bathroom because I thought I might have burst a blood vessel in my eyes, but I didn't. Shit, a heart attack or stroke didn't seem that far away. If I didn't work out regularly I'm sure I would have passed out or worse before I finished.

It was hard, dangerous work, with an experiential payoff that just barely justified the risk and effort. I'll never attempt it again, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to test the limits of my body's ability to handle high pressure pleasure. Next time I'll just take some ketamine. That always seems to assuage the libido.
    Last edited by psood0nym; 10-09-2010 at 19:05.

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Physical exertion on any kind of serotonin reuptake inhibitor or releaser makes me overheat easily. That's one of the reasons my little beat off story above seemed so risky after the fact. Any strenuous exercise would be uncomfortable at best and deadly at worst.

15. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    My trips are so profound and euhphoric (i feel like a genious) ive caught my self actuly crying a bit too, maybe it has a different effect other people, but for me its such a beautiful expierence i just never want it to end, but i dont suggest doing often because it DOES become addicting, youl just wanna keep going back to that mindstate.

And has anyone seen "A Scanner Darkly"??? The way the movie describes Substance D seems to be alot like Dextromethorphan, i just thought that was interesting

16. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Substance D seemed like meth to me. Robert Downey Jr.'s character has over articulating logorrhea like speed freaks tend to have and at the end of the movie the credits list PKD's familiars as having brain damage from methamphetamine abuse.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dc710 View Post
    It was pure powder HCL bought online.
    Quote Originally Posted by D'n'BRaver View Post
    ^ I agree with the above, tried the DXM Hcl bought off the internet
    First off, does DXM have a HCl? I've only seen it HBr.

From what I understand, the pure DXM powder doesn't absorb very well unless you add a solvent, like polyethylene glycol.

http://www.dextroverse.org/Archives/absorb.txt

18. Collapse Details

^ i've never heard/seen dxm hcl, sounds like a rip-off.
    dxm has always been perfect for me, most other people i know don't like it, besides maybe one, but he always always pukes, but still enjoys it.

i love the feels like your wearing a hat but your not wearing a hat feeling.
    and spatial wormhole running.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Hebrew Hammer View Post
    its very interesting at high doses, where you get to the point of living multiple realities in various environments, where you keep having these 1 minute miniature trips that seem to last a lifetime, or several lifetimes, thats AWESOME, but again, just once in your life.
    i absolutely understand this.

20. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    DXM is my shit. I'm new to it but man this stuff is so awesome. DXM + Music is just so peaceful.

21. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    DXM is one of the compounds that can help a person navigate their way to personal truth. If taken in the wrong spirit, or mindset, it can be one of the hardest trips to deal with. High dose DXM bad trips are much harder to navigate than LSD or shroom mishaps, at least for me. But the other side of the coin is the potential for true enlightenment. The enlightenment does not come from the drug by itself, but rather, the synthesis of the compound and the participant's earnest and honest search for truth. DXM allows the mind to stretch itself to accomodate paradoxical concepts that are key to dealing with the Void. I was actually quite amused when I found that DXM, of all things, would be the compound that lead to my cathartic purging. I've tried just about every single psychedelic there is, and in copious quantity. But it was DXM that helped me realize that these drugs are an intelligence that interact with our own intelligence, and are not meant for purely hedonistic venture. They produce some euphoric effects to be sure, but again, this is incidental to the true value of these compounds. They are teachers, and as such, must be respected.

22. Collapse Details

I liked DXM when I started taking drugs and had a lot of interesting trips with my friends. It's useful to get an idea of how a psychedelic experience would be like. Back then DXM wasn't very popular, but I wouldn't have minded if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by synchrojet View Post
    But it was DXM that helped me realize that these drugs are an intelligence that interact with our own intelligence, and are not meant for purely hedonistic venture. They produce some euphoric effects to be sure, but again, this is incidental to the true value of these compounds. They are teachers, and as such, must be respected.
    What makes you believe that the intelligence you found is not a part of your soul, like a teacher you meet in your dreams? The teacher in your dream can outsmart your everyday self, too.

23. Collapse Details

I really cannot understand why people cannot separate the effects of cough syrup (massive amounts of glucose, dyes, all sorts of unfavorable shit) from DXM itself.

I also do not understand DXM abuse or using it for recreation. It is a very dark and profound introspective tool. Some of my deepest experiences have been with DXM. It is one of my favorite drugs of all-time, and my favorite substance of my favorite class of drugs (dissociatives). It was my first foray into my mind, yet I still have experiences years later that have not eclipsed those first DXM trips... My last trip was some time in August. As much as I love it, it requires a lot of investment. I simply do not have the time to trip on it these days, and have been tickling my NMDA receptors with ketamine in the interim.

Quote Originally Posted by synchrojet View Post
    DXM is one of the compounds that can help a person navigate their way to personal truth. If taken in the wrong spirit, or mindset, it can be one of the hardest trips to deal with. High dose DXM bad trips are much harder to navigate than LSD or shroom mishaps, at least for me. But the other side of the coin is the potential for true enlightenment. The enlightenment does not come from the drug by itself, but rather, the synthesis of the compound and the participant's earnest and honest search for truth. DXM allows the mind to stretch itself to accomodate paradoxical concepts that are key to dealing with the Void. I was actually quite amused when I found that DXM, of all things, would be the compound that lead to my cathartic purging. I've tried just about every single psychedelic there is, and in copious quantity. But it was DXM that helped me realize that these drugs are an intelligence that interact with our own intelligence, and are not meant for purely hedonistic venture. They produce some euphoric effects to be sure, but again, this is incidental to the true value of these compounds. They are teachers, and as such, must be respected.
    I think I would have a harder time on a psychedelic than a dissociative if the trip turned sour, but otherwise, your thoughts echo mine entirely, soul brother/sister.
    Last edited by ashxcore; 09-03-2011 at 23:41.

24. Collapse Details

DXM absolutely changed my life. The most profound and comforting experience Ive ever had. Period. I feel a welling up of emotions when I reflect on my DXM days... I cant go back though. Not until these visual disturbances caused by it go away

25. Collapse Details

Psychedelic Drugs
    Wiki
    I don't trust DXM one bit.

I also don't get very nice effects from it but even when taking into account that others do it is just too much of a wildcard to me plus dissociatives are dangerous as a class IMO. If not only for the addiction potential or that dissociating removes you from everything and it can be expected to be troublesome for remaining hinged into reality or an integrated personality.

That said concerns about Olney's lesions and other things mentioned by William White have been disproven for a significant part. I have a friend who is a big fan of the stuff and uses it a lot saying it has the most therapeutic value to him of every drug. It seems he can handle it well but I am not really convinced that he is not in some way addicted or dependent.
    Please start at the Beginners FAQ - Read the PD Rules and BLUA - Use the Psychedelic Index and/or the advanced search engine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast