• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc lets hear your best ways to de-clog your rig

Can you sue for syringe malfunctions that resulted in injury (loss of an eye) if you were using them to shoot heroin?

^^
nahh it says for insulin use only on the side of the box at least the rigs I use do anyway.

^ usually says it on the side of the rig too

The ones i used to get said: "For Use With 100u Insulin Only"

Can you sue for syringe malfunctions that resulted in injury (loss of an eye) if you were using them to shoot heroin?
Lol. I wish. But sadly, I'm doubtful...
Otherwise I woldmore tajm

[QUOTE name="HdoubleODeezy"]^ usually says it on the side of the rig too

The ones i used to get said: "For Use With 100u Insulin Only" [/QUOTE]
hmm.. Use once and destroy...
...if i followed that money, I'd be in trouble...

Oh, here in SPRINGFIELD, OHIO we have a pharmacy that sells half-inch 50 unit insulin syringes to ANYONE without I.D.(most of the time) and 50% of the time you don't even have to sign for them. =D HOWEVER, :\ they reap the benifits, they are happy to help "junkies" (like myself) but they charge a pretty penny...
$10 a bag (10 to a bag) :X

(if you live in the area pm for location and pharm name)

Wow 10 a bag at a pharm? When I was shooting dope I was copping in open air market in Philly and would have to buy needles off of other junkies on the street in the area trying to make money by selling them for $1 a piece. They were sold in unopened packages they got free from the needle exchange obviously, but one time someone tried selling me their own used syringes. =/

Oh, here in SPRINGFIELD, OHIO we have a pharmacy that sells half-inch 50 unit insulin syringes to ANYONE without I.D.(most of the time) and 50% of the time you don't even have to sign for them. =D HOWEVER, :\ they reap the benifits, they are happy to help "junkies" (like myself) but they charge a pretty penny...

(if you live in the area pm for location and pharm name)

http://www.gpzservices.com/items/pr...edle/-br-insulin-syringe-with-needle/list.htm

^ thats where i used to get em at
and if i buy at bag at a local pharmacy it's 4.99

This is an interesting question, but yes, you can.

I could sue you because... well... no reason really. Frivolous lawsuits will always be here to stay.

Whether or not you would win the lawsuit is an entirely different matter. But the fact the company has to hire legal council, etc, may render you an out of court settlement to save their good name.

Lol. I wish. But sadly, I'm doubtful...
Otherwise I woldmore tajm

[QUOTE name="HdoubleODeezy"]^ usually says it on the side of the rig too

The ones i used to get said: "For Use With 100u Insulin Only"

(if you live in the area pm for location and pharm name)[/QUOTE]

What the fuck??? That's way too much money. Even in New York City, the priciest city in the US I have certainly ever been to, they are only $3.99 per 10 pack. Still expensive as fuck, yes... but $10 per 10 pack? That's straight up ridiculous.

http://www.gpzservices.com/items/pr...edle/-br-insulin-syringe-with-needle/list.htm

^ thats where i used to get em at
and if i buy at bag at a local pharmacy it's 4.99

Whoa, really? $4.99?

Damn!

At least they sell them to you. Where I live, the pharmacists are stupid, weak minded Christians who obviously were brainwashed since birth, and have since decided Jesus only died for the sins of non-drug using people.

Do you live in a small town or something? Cant you drive to the city and try a pharmacy there?

I always felt so helpless and pathetic when I had been trying to register for so long and so semi-successfully that the blood clotted and I discovered I had wasted $20 and 8 months of my life...

i don"t use them personally, but i hang with people who do. The way they would always do it was to either boil them in a pan with the plunger removed and something to make sure the needle doesn't touch anything for a minute or two.

They also did something with a cup of water and putting them in the microwave but i don't know how that worked,and I'm against putting anything metal in a microwave. i know you can but i just don't fell safe putting metal in a microwave, especially after i didn't get all the foil of a bowl of food once.

That was always only for clotted blood though. I am unsure about anything else.

If i clog my rig with blood, i hate to throw the shot away and lose my money but its gotta be done, to save myself from potentially infecting my blood cause I've heard some horror stories.
if i clog my rig with dope I consider myself lucky. ha j/k I would take my first finger and thumb around the needle part, squeeze and twist in the same motion. that usually helps a little bit

there's nothing like a brand new spike though... just like butter and bam I'm in- no tracks and no spots of blood left over either

How long are you guys trying to register in order for your blood to clog up the rig??? I've had to try and register for at least 2 hours one time and the rig had a good ammount of blood in it and it never clogged or clotted on me and stayed liquid and I finally managed to hit and was fine..matter of fact my rigs have never clogged like that, wonder why? Do some peoples blood not clot at all or just not as fast?

If i clog my rig with blood, i hate to throw the shot away and lose my money but its gotta be done, to save myself from potentially infecting my blood cause I've heard some horror stories.

im confused, what do you mean by "infecting" your blood? you cant get a blood borne disease from yourself...

Anyway, you can clog your vein if you use a clogged needle you think you "de-clogged". This is very dangerous as it's equal to stop blood in circulatory system and death.

Even in the U.S. I guess you have those points where you go, dispose of used needles and they give you new ones. Correct me if I'm wrong here. And in Europe you just go to a pharmacy and may buy both unlimited amount of syringes and needles no questions asked, no scripts needed. The most suitable size for i.v. injection varies from 0.4mm to 0.5mm (27-25 gauge, check some comparison chart), anything from 0.6mm up can leave a visible "hole" but even 0.8mm needles are used e.g. for getting blood from hollow veins. If done properly, it doesn't leave any sign and the scar disappears in a day.

Do not try to "de-clog" the used up needle, if it's clogged, it's clogged for a reason, it's been used for quite a long time so not only is it clogged, it's also bent on its end (this happens in reality for real, look closely, even after one injection the needle end isn't sharp anymore so it's harder to puncture and if you do, you feel more pain than if it were a new one packaged, moreover, using needle for n-th time makes it real hard to puncture so you push harder and this can lead to going right through a vein).

Use new equipment for every shot! We're not in medieval times...

How long are you guys trying to register in order for your blood to clog up the rig??? I've had to try and register for at least 2 hours one time and the rig had a good ammount of blood in it and it never clogged or clotted on me and stayed liquid and I finally managed to hit and was fine..matter of fact my rigs have never clogged like that, wonder why? Do some peoples blood not clot at all or just not as fast?

Jesus, did you go fucking insane sitting there for two full hours turning your arm into swiss cheese? Because I feel like I'd give up pretty fast and put it down my throat or up my butt, lol.

I've watched my friend struggle to hit once or twice and it was an excruciating ordeal for me, so I'm sure it was infinitely worse for him (although I really don't like needles/blood) and that was only like five minutes

Even in the U.S. I guess you have those points where you go, dispose of used needles and they give you new ones. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

There is only one needle exchange anywhere close to me, and it's a 3 hour drive, one way.

To say that the US has exchanges is like saying that Antarctica has a human population. Sure, there are probably some people who live in Antarctica, but it's a very disproportionate amount of people compared to the other, much more habitable continents of the Earth.

I hope that makes sense. I sure do wish there were more needle exchanges, at least one in my state (there are zero).

Jesus, did you go fucking insane sitting there for two full hours turning your arm into swiss cheese? Because I feel like I'd give up pretty fast and put it down my throat or up my butt, lol.

I've watched my friend struggle to hit once or twice and it was an excruciating ordeal for me, so I'm sure it was infinitely worse for him (although I really don't like needles/blood) and that was only like five minutes

Lol. I've had times where I'd try for an hour and would start crying in frustration but never the less still fully determined to find a spot and it didnt matter how long it took. My back would start to hurt from leaning over in my chair for such long periods of time. I'd stick myself at least 30-40 times sometimes when it was really bad before I could find a vein. Mainly in my coke shooting days or when I had missed on my good spots. Plus a lot of my veins have either collapsed , not visible anymore no matter what i do, or have too much scar tissue to register. So I'd keep sticking myself with the dull rig hoping to get lucky, pulling back and only getting air, then having to get the damn air bubble to go away, thus losing some drug liquid in the process. I have this bad habit of finding a really good vein and using it exclusively until it builds a shitload of scar tissue over it or I fuck it up one day by missing my shot and it dissappears... But yeah, like I said I never had the blood in the rig actually harden/clog the rig, thankfully.%)

Lol. I've had times where I'd try for an hour and would start crying in frustration but never the less still fully determined to find a spot and it didnt matter how long it took. My back would start to hurt from leaning over in my chair for such long periods of time. I'd stick myself at least 30-40 times sometimes when it was really bad before I could find a vein. Mainly in my coke shooting days or when I had missed on my good spots. Plus a lot of my veins have either collapsed , not visible anymore no matter what i do, or have too much scar tissue to register. So I'd keep sticking myself with the dull rig hoping to get lucky, pulling back and only getting air, then having to get the damn air bubble to go away, thus losing some drug liquid in the process. I have this bad habit of finding a really good vein and using it exclusively until it builds a shitload of scar tissue over it or I fuck it up one day by missing my shot and it dissappears... But yeah, like I said I never had the blood in the rig actually harden/clog the rig, thankfully.%)

You know it's only because some people on Bluelight tell me this, but I had no idea you could stick yourself 30-40 times over with a single needle. 8o

You know it's only because some people on Bluelight tell me this, but I had no idea you could stick yourself 30-40 times over with a single needle. 8o

Oh, it's very possible! In the past I have regularly re-used rigs at least 70-90 times (shooting up small doses of suboxone 4-7 times a day using the same rig for a week or two or more). The numbers would be long gone by then and I'd usually only get a new one (hard to get back then) once the plunger would stop moving up and down nicely. The black rubber part would then constantly pop off and I'd have to switch. But that only happens when I've used a rig at least 50 or so times..The needle exchange here gives out "McKesson 27g 1/2 inch 1cc" syringes so maybe different brands last longer than others ? I've never really had any difficulty piercing the skin with re used rigs either, sure it gets a bit harder after awhile but it doesn't feel as bad as the "needle used 6 times picture" makes me think it is. Also I find new rigs a bit harder to register than slightly used rigs because they are easier to pierce through the vein and keep it there, where as a slightly used rig (between 3-10 uses) is ideal for me as you can kinda hear the vein makes a "pop" sound as it enters and it always stays in place. I don't advocate doing this for obvious harm reduction reasons as I have horrible scars from past track marks that have faded over time but will probably be visible forever. Not to mention I'm sure it did some vein damage as well. ;)%):\