• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV Meth & Dosage

epiks

Bluelighter
So ive been shooting heroin for quite awhile now. Occasionally I will smoke some shards along with it (well normally shooting the H after ive had my fun with the shards and am itching for sleep)

Normally when I smoke it I go through about a .5 throughout the night or around there. I have a decent tolerance though, Ive smoked a G in a night (as im sure a shitload of you guys have too) Not tryna dick size just trying to get an accurate dosage.

So anywho..Ive been reading up on erowid and it says around 50mg for a strong dose. But when I read trip reports I see people (even newbies) saying they shoot .3 and .4s!

I know I could just do a little then up the dosage, but the ONLY reason i am interested in shooting this shit is to compare the rush to that of heroin and I don't have tons left to fuck around with.

Also....crush up to powder, put in spoon, add water, dissolve...right? My question to you guys is do I add heat? Or just stir like a mad man!

Any help appreciated!

EDIT: If someone that has IV'd both flat out tells me its the same type of rush then I won't even do it honestly (Part of me wishes this is the case--not tryna get into another IV addiction). I just wanted to compare the two.

EDIT2: I hate the waiting game..where are the tweakers!! Im sitting here with my damn spoon in one hand and my dick in the other...just waiting. As with most fine connoisseurs of drugs, we wait for longer then we actually indulge! Bullshit I say!!

Last edited:
Remember, shooting meth has a 100% bioavailability, whereas smoking has around a 90% bioavailability, so the effects will naturally be stronger. As will the rush. To be safe, I'd recommend shooting 50mg's first and then shooting more if you don't feel anything, since it's your first time IV'ing the drug. It's always better to underdose than overdose! And yes, crush it up to powder if it's crystal, add water, and dissolve (use the cap of the needle to stir if needed). No heat is required - at least not in my experience. Meth HCL is water soluble.

I always shoot at least a 1/4 gram of very good crystal at one time.The most I hav einjected at one time is .75g of crystal and that was a nice shot..I normally shoot at least a 1/4 gram at one time tho,If you shoot too small an amount you will not get the rush you want,at least shoot half a 1/4 of good crystal or .2 of a g.The rush is totally different from heroin so if you want a heroin like rush it is the opposite.It is best to crush up the crystal in the spoon ,add water ,but not a lot of water,and never heat crystal meth when injecting!Use a piece of cotton (a little piece of course) or cig filter piece to filter the solution into the rig..If you put a 1/4 g of crystal in the spoon put about 20 units of water on it and it should gain as the dope dissolves in the water,and you will pull back maybe 30 or even 40 units into the rig,altho with a 1/4 and 20 units of water you will likely draw back about 30ish untis of dope solution...hope this helps...

Not sure if you are daily users or what, but .25 would probably give me an explosion with the stuff I tried. It's sourced through not locally and the lab test results showed a bit over 98%.

I believe erowid dose charts go on the pure chemical itself.

Anyways, you may miss out on a rush, but you'll have your life. Take it easy fellas!

250mg of methamphetamine, IV, would be fatal to a naive user.

I'm going to move this over to OD - I know it's a dosing question but there aren't really many meth users in BDD..

OD mods, feel free to send it back if you like :) or close it even, I guess the question's been answered - but it is not my area of expertise at all..

BDD > OD

Some of these doses are nuts! .75 g in one shot? I've never shot meth either but am interested in doing this same thing. I can't help but feel like a shot that big might do me in.

please be careful. Nobody do 750mg in a shot, ever, please. Meth is not like opiates where once a tolerance is acquired, there is little risk - that big of a dose of methamphetamine IV could cause a sudden heart attack, among other things.

Also (and this should be obvious to everyone) if you are shooting a sort of speedball, whether meth or coke, and heroin, you will need less of both drugs to feel the same effects, except it is still an even stronger rush than them alone, so I would go at 30 to 40% of your regular dose if you are speedballin.

Also, meth is pretty pure usually, so I would get a milligram scale, and basically the stuff in the middle link on my signature. It costs a total of $30 for microns for like 3 months, a bunch of large 3 or 5ml mixing syringes, a few sterile pre-sealed vials, a box of alcohol wipes, and a box of pins. Everything you need to shoot totally safely, and why not?

the rush is different, just keep in mind that IV methamphetamine is very addictive.

If you do try it out, please, keep it to once a week or less often, maybe once a month or less often.

I do it around once a year, works for me.

But thats about as often as I wanna do meth.

How can anyone even compare rush after injection of heroin and rush after injection of methamphetamine? They're totally different drugs. So I don't get this line:

the ONLY reason i am interested in shooting this shit is to compare the rush to that of heroin and I don't have tons left to fuck around with.

Anyway, with pharm grade methamphetamine I don't know how a person with no tolerance could shoot up more than 50mg, sure you could do 100mg but it's very irresponsible without knowing how your body will react to lower doses.

1/4 g of IV meth?!?! My first time I did a 0.1 of really pure crystal right from the cook himself and it was one of the most intense IV drug experiences of my life.

I have only ever done meth once, on accident.

I do have some 4-fma (4 flouro methamphetamine) which I have been doing small speedballs with in my dilaudid shots. I don't know how it compares mg to mg (maybe someone can chime in here) but by itself, 20mg is PLENTY for me, so I use 5-10 if I'm doing a speedball shot.

I can't imagine 100mg of this, or dex, or really any relatively low-dose stimulant.

At 80% purity that's 80mg, take a few mg in the prep process which isn't really going to be a HUGE (it's still big) dose for any one with fairly decent tolerance.

I would get you dose for smoking and take 20% and IV that.

Like I said, with >99% lab grade purity, the first time I injected methamphetamine was 40mg of a hydrochloride and I wouldn't go over 50mg because that 40mg gave me a very speedy feeling. Anyway, it's easy to get on a binge with this stuff even though it lasts long because of the terrible comedown. I remember on day 3 IIRC, I went to pee and I had a ridiculous thought: "Damn it, there's meth and its metabolites in my urine and there are cops underground analyzing all the stuff in drainpipes! They're gonna find these substances and then they will know from which apartment it came from". And then I thought I had had enough and this stuff is crazy. I never shot up methamphetamine again. I never touched it again. I definitely did cocaine after that but I never did meth.

If methamphetamine is >99% pure, then 100mg without tolerance is hell of a speedy dose. I think one should not exceed 50mg for the first time to know how one's going to react.